“Fantastic location and accomodation”

Oaks Festival Towers
Ranked #56 of 160 Hotels in Brisbane
Adelaide, Australia
“Fantastic location and accomodation”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Booked this on wotif. Wow a fantastic bargain the location was perfect particularly as we didn't have a car. Spacious, comfortable well appointed, would most definately stay there again.. Walk out the door and the mall is only a few steps away, turn to the right and the river is 2blocks away, easy to catch the river cats, treasury casino just up the road, restaurants and coffee shops on the doorstop.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
OFTB, Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to report on your recent stay at Oaks Festival Towers. It was great to read that everything met your expectations and that you enjoyed most aspects of your apartment. We're glad to have been of service to you and hope to welcome you again in the near future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Korean first
Merstham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Booked into this hotel by travel agent in the UK and were expecting the usual hotel room and ensuite but what we got was an apartment that would have served as a home for a couple very easily. entrance hall with washing machine and dryer in small cupboard and then into the lounge with small kitchen with all amentities doors lead off to the bathroom and bedroom and to top it of your own balcony. Wow, we were amazed at the accommodation. Not itneding to self cater here but soon changed our minds. It was nice to come in after a day walking around doing the tourist thing and be able to feel at home! Everyting was there. Reception were superb in dealing with our requests. we have nothing but praise for this hotel, centrally located with a vast aray of eateries to chose from if you want to eat out. Stay here and ask for a room high up as the views are pretty good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up, we stayed on the 29th floor and the views were good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frederick H
OFTB, Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to report on your recent stay at Oaks Festival Towers. It was great to read that everything met your expectations and that you enjoyed most aspects of your apartment. We enjoyed hosting you for your visit to Brisbane and are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your favourable comments to our team. Thank you once again
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for 30 days, company arranged accomodation, walk in first day and received with a cold treatment from the staff, i asked for a troley and all they told me it is somewhere but no attempt to help they all just standing and watch me struggling to get my suitcases.
Housekeeping did lousy job in cleaning, always forgot stuff and i try not to seat in the sofa without putting something to cover as it smell terrible.
Front desk service is a nightmare and always talk about extra charge, for example my housekeeping did not put the laundry powder and toilet roll, went down to reception to asked for it and was explained i only entitled one pack a week and if i need extra, i should get it my own.
I am staying for 30 days, laundry powder wont cost too much the hotel moreover, it is the housekeeping who did not top it up.
Besides the good location, this is a terrible place to stay if you paying by yourself!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Yin H
OFTB, Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
While I am unable to alter matters of the past, I take your comments most seriously. I hope that we may be able to host you again in the future and provide an improved experience that meets your expectations.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went for a girls weekend away! Booked for five - paid an extra $44 for fifth person - who had to sleep on a pull out sofa bed in the lounge. The mattress sloped down under my head as well as it being broken and not sitting on the frame. As soon as the sofa bed was pulled out, the room was hard to navigate. The milk for hangover coffee was out of date :-o!! Not a good start to a Sunday morning. Location was pretty good and within walkin distance, however, for the price there are far superior hotels to choose from.

• Stayed May 2013
OFTB, Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate the time you have taken and the level of detail you have provided. I would like to apologise that not all areas of our product and service met your expectations.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The apartment itself was great - spacious, light-filled, clean and handy to everything. My problem was that the aircon didn't work. Which was ok because i could let in lots of fresh air via the large glass doors. But because i was only on the third floor the noise was too loud to put up with over night. Plus no fly screens left me wondering what might eat me in the night! Also, the only view from the third floor is a large bay of aircon motors. Meh.

• Stayed April 2013
OFTB, Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding certain aspects of your apartment in relation to facilities. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Festival Towers. . I would like to apologise that not all areas of our product and service met your expectations.
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights in room 2205.
- The room was of a good size
- Clean
-Comfortable

However,
-The water continuously ran hot and cold, you couldn't have it stay one temp for the length of your shower.
- You have to pay $2.50 to hire out towels!!!! made it feel more like a backpackers than an inner city motel!
-All the other 4-star apartments I have stayed in in Brisbane of similar money provide pool towels at no extra charge!!
-Pool/spa area closes at 9pm, 10pm would be better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
OFTB, Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback; only through this we are able to address areas of concern in our property. It is not a pleasant experience to receive unfavourable feedback; however your comments serve as a valuable source of information that will ensure we continue to improve our operation and service standards. I hope that we may be able to host you again in the future and provide an improved experience that meets your expectations.
Oamaru, New Zealand
Reviewed April 22, 2013

When I first arrived the girls at the desk were more interested in talking to each other than servicing guests but when they served me they were efficient...they were quick to take $150 deposit off my card when the room cost me less but i know this is general hotel procedure. The first room i went in was on the 1st level (through the car park) and it was really spacious with a big balcony looking over the street and had a really homely feel comfy sofa etc. so i unpacked and got ready to go to the pool. My room wouldn't lock. I called up the front desk and after explaining i had tried everything she came up and tried herself. I then got moved to a vacant room on the 25th floor facing the river! WOW! the layout of the room was different and i think smaller. The only reason i would choose this room over the level 1 room would be the view it was pretty amazing. Rooms were very clean, only complaint was that the carpet felt a bit gross under foot in bare feet.
I eventually got down to the pool and it was really nice the pool is probably a bit aged but there was a barbecue area and everything. Gym looked good too. When i went to check out the next day i asked if the deposit would be released into my account to find out no they hold it for an extra 5-10 days!! Keep this in mind if you were thinking of using it for getting home money like i was! Would stay here again for location, good place to come for an extended stay as there is a washing machine/dryer and full kitchen in every room. Would recommend for families/groups

Room Tip: Higher floor facing river have amazing view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo