“Good central location”

Oaks Festival Towers
Ranked #59 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here in a 2 bedroom with a work colleague & it was OK for location & had nice comfortable beds & a bit of a nice view over Brisbane. Next time I'd prefer my own space as only 1 of the bedrooms had an ensuite the other you had to walk through the kitchen/lounge space to get to it. So not ideal for privacy but OK with work colleagues but would be fine with family/close friends.

The sauna & the jacuzzi/gym/pool area looked great but sadly I had no time to try it out!

Only annoying part for me was the car parking...apart from the $25 a day cost that is! It is not well designed & I found it very hard to get to/from, in & out of the parking area that I was told to use. It's obvious that the building was designed for rental apartments rather than specifically for hotel guests. Some clear signage for guests would be a good idea. Having said that I would stay again as I believe the property is good value considering it's central location & pleasant views.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Festival Towers. It is great to read that you found your bed comfortable and you had a nice view. I will pass your suggestions onto the Hotel Manager in regards to clear signage in the car park for consideration. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I went to festival towers with my 2 sisters and a friend. The location was excellent, close to shopping, lots of great restuarants and the casino. We had 4 single beds and 2 bathrooms and it was all very clean. The view from our room was fantastic, you could see the river and the city. No complaints here. Would definately go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Brisbane Central
Reviewed September 14, 2012

great location and friendly staff ...a great place to stay with gym and pool
lots of access to cafes and shops and a short stroll to the CBD

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Festival Towers. We are pleased you found the location great and our staff friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My friends and I booked a 2 bedroom apartment for a "girl's night out" in the city. The day before we stayed I read reviews on other sites and got a bit worried about what we would find. However our apartment was great, it was very clean and comfortable and had everything you need, whether for one night or one week. I read reviews saying that their pillows were hard but our pillows were great. The hotel is located about a block from the Queen Street Mall so very easy to access everything in the city. We had a great girls night out and a great stay, thank you Oaks. If I had to be negative, finding my car the next morning in the car park was a bit tricky but I found it. Also I don't think guests should have to pay for car parking but that's life I suppose.

Room Tip: Ask for room 1008.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeanie2
OaksHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Festival Towers. It is wonderful to read that we were able to play a part in making your “girls” trip to Brisbane an enjoyable one. We are pleased you found your apartment clean, comfortable and having everything you needed. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

The only good thing about Festival Towers is the location. The beds have to be the hardest in Brisbane!! On arrival our unit was filled with the stench of cigarette smoke. The dishwasher was missing a cutlery basket, had a broken spring in the door and to top it off did not work!! The appliance nook had a broken clip and could not be held up to use the appliances, so cords had to be fed through under the door to allow use. The reception staff were less then helpful and did not follow through on promised maintenance repairs during our 5 night stay. On complaining to management I was offered discount accommodation on my next stay, which will NEVER occur!! Overall a very disappointing experience.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kaylene T
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Great little serviced apartment hotel right in the heart of the city, and I mean a 2 min walk right to the centre of the mall.

Very clean new apartments.

Would recommend this to anyone looking for something affordable, clean and central.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
OaksHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks Festival Towers in Brisbane. It is wonderful to read that you found our apartments to be clean and affordable and in an incredible location. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The location of this hotel is ideal, essentially a minute's walk from the traditional centre of Brisbane, and close enough to all of the attractions that you would want to visit. For business travellers, it is about a 15 minute walk to the conference centre.

Unfortunately, the hotel rooms themselves are a bit of let down. This may be just my impression, given that I booked at the last minute, and availability everywhere in Brisbane was almost nil. Consequently I paid the exorbitant price of $309. I may have been less disappointed if I paid their standard charge of well under $200. Secondly, the apartments are apparently individually owned, so their fittings and upkeep are varied.

My apartment was a bit run down. Kitchenware was literally falling apart, furniture was stained, the kitchen sink leaked into the cupboard below. There was a musty odour pervading the room, such that opening the balcony door to peak hour city traffic actually improved the air quality. The balcony was filthy. I didn't cook, but looking through the kitchen contents, it would not be possible to cook a decent meal. I was supplied with four of most crockery, but only one coffee cup, and no teaspoons at all. For a hotel that claims to be four and a half stars, this is clearly not adequate. My TV only had 5 channels (of the at least 15 or so that are free these days).

Still, as I said, the location was perfect and the bed was comfortable. Traffic noise was minimal despite facing the street. For business travellers, I guess this is what we'd be after, but this is definitely not a hotel for a relaxing break or even an enjoyable tourist stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank alittleharsh
OaksHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on you recent stay at Oaks Festival Towers. It is great to read that you found the location of our hotel to be convenient to your needs while in Brisbane for business. It is disappointing to read of the issues you experienced with the cleanliness of your apartment and the missing crockery and cutlery. I will pass your comments onto the Hotel Manager and Housekeeping Manager for their immediate attention. We do hope you will choose to stay at Oaks Hotels and Resorts again soon.