Oaks Festival Towers
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
ibis Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
Agoda.com
$65
$62
  • Restaurant
Mantra South Bank, Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
$138
$133
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsenclosed balconygreat locationalbert stqueen street mallbedroom apartmentwashing machine and dryerthe riverbbq areamyer centreshort walkhigher floorfull kitchenbotanic gardensgood sizecentral locationbrisbane citylaundry facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I was travelling with a teenager and we had originally booked into the Istay Riverview but because of maintenance issues we were transferred to the Oaks Festival Towers. It took a little while to be booked in and we were initially directed to a room that was being renovated. The second room we were sent to was a small two bedroom apartment. The room was very hot as the air conditioning was off and the curtains were left open and allowed the hot afternoon sun to flood the room. Whilst the room was clean and well appointed it seemed cramped and the decor tired. The location was very central to the Brisbane CBD and well serviced with shops.It was very quiet for being so close to some building works.The beds were very comfortable. I have stayed in several Oaks properties now and I can't see that what was on offer here was any better than at the less expensive other Oaks properties.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank LynnMtIsa_Qld
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I have just spent two days at Oaks Festival Towers. The room had a limited view, but was very clean and tidy. Staff were very helpful and friendly.
I would recommend it to anyone wanting a place close to everything in Brisbane.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank rustylime
Reviewed December 5, 2011

My sister and I stayed here for 3 nights in November during our stay in Brisbane.

The location is brilliant, short walk to Queen Street Mall. Just a short walk up Albert leads to the botanical gardens and the river, worth the short stroll down there and lots of shops on the way too. Loads of places to eat really close to the hotel too, my sister is a vegetarian and we did find that Australia in general didn't really have much of a choice for her but we managed to find something for her every night.

I had contacted the hotel prior to arrival to request a higher floor room and twin beds. I had also enquired about airport transfers which are not available through the hotel but wasnt a problem at Brisbane Domestic Terminal, cost us approx $60 to get into town and we were dropped right outside the hotel. Reception arranged our return taxi for us. The requests were noted in our booking and we were given a fantastic room on the 23rd floor, it appeared to be a larger room than what we had booked as there was a second bedroom in the apartment that was locked. We didnt get the twin beds as had been requested but this wasnt too much of a problem for us being sisters travelling together and the bed was larger than a standard double bed.

The apartment was fantastically clean and very well equipped. There was a dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer in our room which came in very handy for us as we were away for a few weeks. There was a large TV in the room showing a variety of sky/foxtel channels. Indivially controlled AC in the room. The shower was great. There was a brilliant sort of terrace area in our room with floor to celing windows and we had a great view across the river and a table and chairs to enjoy the view. There wasnt a safe in the room which was one downfall but as we were only there for 3 days we just kept everything of any value on us.

The reception was manned every time we passed and you are given a key fob which allowed later entry to the hotel after the main doors were locked at around 8pm. The fob was also used to operate the lifts which gave a sense of security.

We had pre arranged a trip to Australia Zoo during our stay and we were collected from just opposite the hotel so very handy for a city centre collection. The reception staff were great, they were knowledgable when asked any questions about the local area as you would expect and they arranged for our taxi back to the airport for us.

If I travelled to Brisbane again I would definately stay here and would recommend this hotel to anyone considering it.

Room Tip: Higher floor room
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jojob1984
OaksHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review Oaks Festival Towers. It is wonderful to read that we were able to play a part in making your holiday a memorable and enjoyable one, and I shall pass your feedback on to the staff.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your sister back again one day!

Reviewed December 4, 2011

Checked in yesterday for a few days business stay. Got back to room today to find no soap anywhere. Asked the cleaning guy (he was at the lift with his cart) why no soap and he told me they ran out of soap and toilet paper yesterday. Found out from other guests that you have to go down to reception and ask for those items as they are in critical supply. This hotel is damaging the Oaks good reputation. Oaks Festival towers is in a perfect location and has fantastic views all over the city. The room servicing is really letting them down. Hopefully management will wake up and make this the best place to stay in Brisbane again.

Room Tip: Try to get up high for the best views. Really top place to stay if they sort out the cleaning issues.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Reg W

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks Festival Towers. We regret the shortcomings you experienced in the standard of housekeeping. We are consistently liaising with our housekeeping department to ensure rooms are maintained to the best possible standards, and we will address your particular concerns with them.

Please do accept our apologies. We hope to see you again at one of our Oaks Hotels and Resorts properties.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

After reading some of the negatives written here previously, I was slightly worried when my company booked this accommodation for me, but I had no need to be worried about anything!

I stayed from the 14th - 18th November 2011 and my experience was exceptional.

** I had absoloutely no problem at all with the staff. In fact, every single one of them was friendly and very helpful and always greeted me with a smile! Maybe its how you treat people as to what you get back from them. I just found them to be a delightful group of (mainly) young people, whilst still retaining their professional persona's.
** I had a one bedroom apartment which was absolutely spotless and very spacious. It had a balcony overlooking the Charlotte/Albert Street corner and was a lovely spot to watch the nightlife pass by (from ahigh!). I would love my own home to be as immaculate as this apartment was! It had a spacious kitchen with the full compliment of top name appliances, along with all the utensils etc that you would need to cater for yourself if required. The bed was sooooo comfortable, and the double sized shower was a delight. The shower pressure was pure heaven! The jets came as fast as you would want them and was almost like a full body massage!

** Accommodation is located very close to everything you could want in the city.

I would stay here anytime and would definitely recommend this to family, friends and colleagues!

Thank you Oaks Festival Towers, I had a wonderful time, and a perfect experience for my first visit to your beautiful city! You exceeded my expectations!

Room Tip: Best to ask for an apartment up high to get the benefit of veiwing the city.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Uni_Traveller2308
OaksHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks Festival Towers, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2011

Thank you for your wonderful comments following your stay at Oaks Festival Towers.

It is great to know you enjoyed the rooms and location. And we are very pleased to hear that our staff helped to make your stay with us memorable.

Your review has been shared with the team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.