“Long term stay”

Ranked #84 of 127 Specialty Lodging in Brisbane
Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia
“Long term stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at these units for two weeks due to having to be in Brisbane for medical reasons. We found these units very well appointed (most of them) very clean, a reasonable size have a small kitchette microwave small cooker bar fridge washer dryer.
Parking not an issue as we were given a parking pass although it is on street parking. Very handy to shopping centre ( across the road) restaurants within walking distance, not too many but enoughto eat out most nights. Public transport in front of studios, not expensive to taxi into city, only approx 10 mins,also next door to PA Hospital. Staff very good and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marina N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ballina, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you are on a budget and need to be near or get to Princess Alexander Hospital this may well be the place for you. It would also be OK for other visit to Brisbane being about (depending on traffic) about 20 minutes on bus to the city. The place was clean and generally had what you would need for a short stay. The bad bits? My room was small and any cooking just fills it up with whatever it is that you are making. The TV is small but did have some foxtel. It is quite noisy at all times due to being near a busy city road and there is noise from other guests coming and going etc. There is no free parking (despite what may be said elsewhere) unless you are lucky to get one of two available permits. In the end you get what you pay for so it is about right. Pillows were bad so I spent $15 on one from "Pillow talk" across the street. There are supermakets and shops nearby and some asian style resturants. If you are going to use public transport you will need a "Transit Card" otherwise the prices are outrageous ( eg. $5.50 for a ten minute bus ride).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank smartywishbone
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Good hotel location, comfortable rooms, very independent from each other, each room has its own covered terrace (very appropiate for Brisbane weather) besides, the personnel attention it is very good, always there to support and give you tips about the city, very useful if you are new in town...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank travelerX S
Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed in a "budget" apartment for 5 days (on a conference visit across the river at UQ). Although the accommodation was small, we had everything we needed for a short stay. Small fridge, microwave, kitchen utils, iron-board+iron, and a small TV (with remote :) ).

We had frequent buses from the PA Hospital station to UQ (that was a relief. I was kind of worried about the public transport) and also to the city.

Like mentioned in other reviews, the location is next to a main hospital (PA) and therefore, might be little noisy; but, the hospital related noise didn't bother me much compared to the noise of the high way next to the studios. Some of the units (unit numbers 9-16) are facing the Ipswich road and they are with noise and I wont recommend those units (we got one of those).

Overall, I think it is worth the price and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Some of the units (unit numbers 9-16) are facing the Ipswich road and they are with noise and I wont...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Roshan_Ragel
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

We booked here only a few days before we were due to leave the UK for Australia. I had an email asking if I would pay a deposit and I asked if I could pay in full when I arrived. This was agreed too which I was very grateful for as I didn't want my credit card charged straight away. When we arrived we were welcomed and shown to our room. Told a bit about the local shops and left to get our things sorted. The room although small was well equipped with what you would need in a serviced apartment. More importantly it was clean, no problems with towels, sheets or kitchen, everything was spotless. We did find as we were on the main road it could be a bit noisy but we slept fine every night and it didn't spoil our stay at all. There are rooms that are not on the main road and would be quieter. In fact we had a three night stay back in Brisbane before we were due to fly out and we didn't bother to find the cheapest deal we decided to book straight into here. The cheapest rate wasn't available so we paid a bit more and had a much bigger room with its own washer/dryer - previously though our washing was done for us free of charge! Free wireless and plug in internet is a huge bonus. It is convient to the train station, shops and close to the city without being in the centre. The man who checked us in the second time we stayed was so friendly and helpful I was glad I stayed there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Loulouberts
Ettalong Beach, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

I too found this place noisy. It is next to a major hospital so sirens can be heard frequently. The shower has not screen so water goes everywhere in the bathroom. This only works if your floor is well drained, the one in my room wasn't. The bed was not so comfortable and the TV in the room was small with no remote.

On the plus side, it is near a shopping centre and many restaurants and cafes. The internet is complementary and it is fast.

Would I stay again, only if I could not find somewhere better for the price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Keithsutt
MauriceBSS, Manager at Brisbane Street Studios, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Disabled bathrooms in 3 of the studios are large and open so guests in a wheelchair can move around. There was a problem with water splashing so we have installed shower curtains to prevent this problem.
Willis, Texasa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I had booked my agenda for a 16 day stay, but found out later that I only needed 6 days.....the booking company had taken 186.00 from my credit card and I was not informed of this in the initial booking....when I went to cancel they told me NOTHING was refundable.....If you plan on staying here, beware of this non refundable charge,,,,,EVEN if you make changes OR cancel....thereare plenty of other reputable booking companies (in fact, this is the only one that I know of that does this) that charge NO deposit and fully refundable fees.......

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
If you book via our website our website manager will charge a commission of 10% of the total cost of your accommodation. This is not refundable if you cancel or change your booking and this is clearly stated when you make your booking on the site. If you wish to avoid this cost then book directly with us by sending an email to bookings@brisbanestreetstudios.com.au

Travelers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brisbane
Oaks Woolloongabba
#126 of 157 in Brisbane
Annexe Apartments
Annexe Apartments
#38 of 127 in Brisbane

Been to Brisbane Street Studios? Share your experiences!