“great weekend”
Review of Emporium Hotel

Emporium Hotel
Ranked #2 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I thought we might indulge a little and spent a night here. We booked an "enchanted evening" package and overall is was good, but not as luxurious as one might expect.

The concierge and reception staff were very attentive, polite and professional the front entrance is amazing, however when we got out of the lift and approached our room the door was ajar and the cleaner/turn down staff were in our room - so we waited in the hall way! While they were polite and apologetic this was not the ideal start to an "enchanted evening".

Anyway, the room was very nice, the decor is good the bathroom is huge but the so called spa...not so good! It is only a bath for one with jets in the bottom and wow is it noisy! The surrounding amenities are good but seri sly book in for dinner! We didn't and could not get a table at the surrounding restaurants. When we returned the turn down service from the "enchanted evening" which included candles, rose petals and music was done, it was all lovely but the music it was terrible. The bed is amazing, the breakfast which was included was fantastic and when our car was returned to s the bottles of water was a very thoughtful touch. Overall good but not great, I would go again only when I could get a deal on the price.

Room Tip: Order breakfast it is amazing! Book a able for dinner as soon as possible, or talk to the concierge...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tamjo2012
Brisbane
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I treated my hubby to a night at the Emporium Hotel. I choose it for its great location and the heated rooftop pool. We stayed in the queen room which was small but perfect for a one night stay. We were walking distance from a great variety of cafes, restaurants and funky bars. The pool was so nice and it was great to have a swim in winter since it is heated. The staff are really friendly and gave us great advice on the best places to go. A special mention goes to Julian from concierge/ front desk for all his advice and warm welcome. I would probably upgrade to a bigger room if we stayed longer than a night but other than that it was great to have a night away at such a fantastic place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RyLou S
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here for my partners birthday and it was such an amazing experience. We stayed in the kingspa room plus had extras like a romantic turndown, chocolate covered strawberries and breakfast sent up to our room. The extras were definitely worth it, they really added to the experience. If you stay at a place like this you may as well go all out and take advantage of the great facilities and services they have to offer. Trust me its worth it.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank samanthaburns
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I've stayed at the Emporium for the last 4 yrs whenever I travel to Brisbane and the quality and fitout is top class.
The beds are very comfortable , the bathroom amenities are quality Molten Brown and the rooms are quiet.
The bar area is fantastic although I think its a bit overpriced for what it is, the near by restaurants in the complex are great with plenty of variety to choose from.
What I have noticed from my last stay is the bed linen is starting to feel old and over washed, the towels are really thin not the same standard they were in the early days .
Like anything these days I guess companies look for ways to save money - but when your paying a premium for accommodation I'd expect better .

Room Tip: High Floor away from the lifts
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AvHoche
Gold Coast
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had just one short night here. Great service, extremely clean room and friendly staff. Parking is really an issue, however if you dont mind walking 10mins or so down the road, park on commercial road. you will have to move your car before 7am though!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jaryd N
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at Versace hotel after staying here and was not impressed at all with their service or internet. This hotel all round was the best place i have ever stayed! Friendly staff great view from the pool! Great service. I stayed for my birthday and all the staff made me feel like a princess. Internet was fast. Everything is close by. Shops, food, anything you can think of is there for you. The rooms are spacious clean and so very well laid out i did not want to leave! I stayed in brisbane for 3 months and that was the last place i stayed. Well you know what they say 'always save the best till last' ;) .i would 100% do a 15hour plane trip to come and stay there anytime! Amazing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family