“Exquisite hotel with attention to detail!”
Review of Emporium Hotel

Emporium Hotel
Ranked #2 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane
“Exquisite hotel with attention to detail!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

From our first step out of the car and upon entering the unique and luxurious reception lobby through to leaving the next day, we were constantly impressed!

We were greeted by a very dapper and friendly porter when we parked the car at the front door who took great care of our luggage and even recommended a nearby restaurant. (Valet parking is $35).

The front entrance and lobby area had the "wow" factor and was richly decorated in colours of red and silver with mirrors everywhere. Check in was very friendly and efficient - great service.

Our jaws dropped upon entering our room - they had thought of every little detail. The room was lushly decorated - sheer curtains, comfy huge bed, large TV screen etc.

On sliding back the concertina doors (and expecting it to be a wardrobe), we were surprised to find a kitchenette, complete with microwave oven.

The ensuite was large with a ceiling-to-floor glass shower recess. Beaut amenities including their motifs on the soaps, towels and coasters.

The ensuite had "night lights" built into the lower walls which is so handy when you get up at night and don't have to turn a main light on. Behind the ensuite door was a cleverly hidden laundrette.

There was so many extras - too numerous to mention - but all with attention to detail. As an example, we requested 2 contour pillows (from their Pillow menu) and they were delivered by a lass dressed in a classy "french maid-style outfit" (wasn't tacky at all) and the pillows were wrapped with a red ribbon and a note attached from the Housekeeping team.

The good service continued in the bar/lounge area downstairs which was also superbly decorated including a chandelier and various styles of comfortable seating. Their wine cellar was behind lit glass doors which was quite effective.

The hotel is surrounded by many eateries - all different cuisines - along with nearby shops. There is a bus stop close-by which will take you into the city (about 5mins away).

On returning to our room that night, they had turned down our bed and left 2 chocolates on each side along with their own branded bottles of water.

Checking out was friendly and swift and the porter had our car waiting for us. As we drove away, we noticed they had placed a bottle of water each into the car's console - it's things like this that you remember long after you have paid the bill.

Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Indonesian first
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed July 13, 2013

A true surprise staying in this lovely boutique hotel. Very deserving of its 5 star status. The foyer as one walks in is not only delightful but Bohemia in essence with a touch of glamour and style. A truly delightfully stay one that will conjurer many happy memories for me. Almost 100 % glamorous. However Hotel Como dose slightly out beat it. Situated in a great precedent.. Walking distance to wonderful shopping and night life in the valley of Brisbane along with the New Farm Farmers Markets which are very much a must. Room was clean with lovely extras. Beautiful luxurious bed linen and pre chocolates for free prior to bed. Staff very friendly polite and professional. A truly magnificent stay. Highly commendable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Having been kidnapped by my wife for my bithday,it turned out my surprise destination was the Emporium Hotel. From arrival to departure the sevice was nothing short of exceptional with no department falling short of the mark. The true standout was the genuine staff not going through the motions but engaging guests with real warmth and attention to detail. Highlights of this hotel are many, from stylish rooms and decor to the sophisticated bar area that is sure to impress. Here again the quality of service excelled, with 2 cocktails included in the package my wife booked. I went to order and was presented with an impressive list but decided to follow my usual rule of asking the barman for a recommendation. What followed was an enthusiastic analysis of my spirit preferences, additives and strength of flavours. The drink was fanstastic, one of the best cocktails I've ever had. If you are planning anything from a romantic escape to a business stay, Emporium is worth the extra spend.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was the first hotel I stayed at during the 2013 Lions tour...

Great bar, great rooms and great service. In-room only breakfast was a little strange, but I could get used to it.

A short taxi ride from the city centre

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our 10 year wedding anniversary, booked at the King Spa room. We are driving to the hotel and organised the pre booked parking. From the moment we reached the establishment until time to check out the staffs looked after us very well. They really showing genuine attitude towards you, always smiling. They even have a porter to carry your luggage upstairs, which is very rare to find in Brisbane hotel. My husband also pre organised a bouquet of roses to be placed in the room. The room is extremly lovely and decorated with all the lux items and colour scheme. The spa is to die for, all made from marble. lovely!
Breakfast is served in the room and the staff set it up for you. check in and check out procedure is very smooth, no problem at all , taking no time at all. When we got our car, they put two bottles of mineral water on our car, avery nice gesture from the hotel.
The hotel doesn't have restaurant itself but in the complex you could finds plenty eating places. My suggestion is to try the Mecca Bah, their food is extremly delicious.
Over all the hotel is very nice, clean, staffs are professionals and genuinely caring. I would love to go back there again.

Room Tip: If it is your special occasion, book the King Spa room ! Your better half will love you forever. lol
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The people who run this hotel have really thought of everything.

I was walking toward the door to collect the morning newspaper, and thinking about how I'd retrieve it without my bathrobe gaping and revealing "a bit too much" to whoever might be in the corridor. Well, guess what? When I opened the door, the newspaper was hanging in an Emporium-branded non-woven bag on the door handle. Simple, yet awesome.

This is why Emporium is such an amazing hotel. As well as having absolutely top-notch interior design, fixtures, and fittings, and incredible staff, they solve problems, and fill needs, that I never even knew that I had.

Lindt chocolates on your pillow with the turn-down service, plus a bottle per guest of Emporium-branded water.

The in-room dining meal that we had was perfect, and delivered 8 minutes faster than promised. With Lindt after-dinner mint chocolates. :)

Every single staff person, of the six or seven that we interacted with, was unfailingly friendly and helpful, without being "servile" or remotely pretentious. I have never stayed somewhere with such consistently high quality staff as the Emporium boasts.

The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the pillow menu ensures that you'll find a comfortable pillow. The sheets were much softer than most hotel sheets are, and we both slept extremely well. The soundproofing between rooms is very good; I only once had any indication that we weren't the only guests in the hotel, and that was when I once heard another toilet flush. (And it wasn't noisy; just a slight distant sound of water.) If you value a good night's sleep, Emporium is all over it.

I've stayed in dozens of 4- and 5-star hotels. This one was hands-down the best ever. I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else in Brisbane in future. We'll be going back every special occasion that we can think of, and I suspect we'll be thinking hard to create special occasions that justify a stay at The Emporium.

Can't wait to go again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gladstone
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Finally gave in to my wife's nagging and went to stay at the Emporium, probably a mistake, because now I will probably not stay anywhere else! Great location, village atmosphere, surrounded by awesome restaurants, great service by professional staff. Probably costs a bit more than your average hotel, but believe me, it's worth every cent!

• Stayed June 2013