2,103 results
All reviewsthe executive loungekg barbalcony roomroom servicecity hallaccor membervalet parkingqueen street mallreception areacentral locationan upgradecomfortable roomsrooftop poolbuffet breakfastpublic transportwould stay againbusiness trip
Reviewed January 12, 2010

We stayed here for 2 days on our way to the Whitsindays and it was excellent. The room was lovely, the bathroom big and clean and the location was spot on. The staff were really helpful and the conscienrge booked a coach trip for us online. We didn't eat there are all as we were room only but there are loads of places just down the street on the way to the river. Overall we were pleased and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2010

I booked a mystery hotel room through Wotif and scored myself 3 nights at the Sebel King George Square, and I thoroughly loved it. I was expecting to get the worst room of the hotel because of the mystery hotel thing (and perhaps I did), but there was nothing I strongly disliked about my room or the hotel in general.

My room was right next to the lift (xx01, the room to the left as you exit the lift), and I did hear some footsteps/chatters of people coming in and out of the lift, but I didn't hear the lift at all. Great!

The bathroom was also very spacious, unlike what you would find in most other city hotels. It was a shower over bath, but the bathtub is a full length single person size, which was great too compared to other city hotels.

And the bed, it was king size, and a PROPER king size at that (not 2 singles joined together!), so that was very much appreciated and gave me a great nights sleep! I also loved the suede cover they have on the bed, though I could not find any brand tag on it, as I would love to own one without stealing it! :p

My only complaint would be the disgusting looking shoe drawer at the entrance, looked like something passed down 3 generations, and really didn't fit in with the rest of the decor. Change the carpet in the room and it would have been a winner in my books!

Would definitely stay again if I get the chance to!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2009

My husband and I booked there for one night after our Christmas party. Hotel looked like it had recently had a makeover and it was very nice. Good location within walking distance to central station. The hotel was booked out and holding many company functions. Nevertheless, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a very good size with the latest furniture and fittings. The bed was the best that we had slept in. So comfortable, the mattress had one of those mattress toppers on and it felt like sleeping on feather pillows. Best nights rest in a long time. Even the pillows were so comfortable. The only complaint I have is that they charged you an extra charge if paying by credit card for anything purchased and an extra $25 for parking your car in the hotel car park which I think is quite cheeky. Other than that I would recommend this hotel as very spacious and comfortable for the price.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2009

The room we had had two double beds which filled the room. While there was a desk there was only one chair in the room. Service at check in and the concierge were excellent.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2009

We chose this hotel becoz of its location. It was right in the city and took only 10 mins walk to Queen Street Mall. Also, it's right very close to the Brisbane Transit Centre (where you can take the coach to Goldcoast or rent a car from there).

The room was well-furnished with elegant design. The most impressive thing was that the huge king-sized bed was really comfortable! It's the best bed that we had ever slept on! We got a nice rest at night and didn't want to wake up and leave the bed to start our day. It made us wonder which brand was it and we saw it was "Sealy" (very luxurious one)!

Overall, the room and the bathroom was clean (with the exception that the towels got stains and hair on it).

There wasn't much view from the window. So we had closed the curtain for the whole day.

The parking was not free. It was charged at about AUD25 per night. It was valet parking. However, the number of staff was not enough and we needed to wait for sometime (10 mins) to pick up the car.

This hotel would be our choice if we were to visit Brisbane again, just for the sake of the comfy bed!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple