This is a pretty good hotel - got a reasonable deal for around $220 on Wotif, which included breakfast and internet. That's a pretty good deal. Location is a short walk to the main shopping drag in the centre of Brisbane, and close to the Casino etc.
The room was pretty good - looked like it had been renovated recently, good TV and excellent new bed, and bedding. Good bathroom. Shower the "over the bath" type - not my preference but ok. View was ordinary. Aircon excellent - but very noisy.
The gym is excellent - very well equipped, but really really hard to get to - it's in the next hotel tower, and you have to follow a rabbit warren like path to get to it. There is a pool and sauna too, with the gym - but didn't use that.
A few issues:
- Breakfast - of the buffet type. Again, asked to commit to "Full" or "Continental" as soon as you arrive in the restaurant. How can you choose when you haven't seen what's on offer. A personal annoyance of mine - but always an indicator of a 2nd rate place. The food is "ok" at best - a bit dried up.
- They charge 1.x (sorry don't recall the actual .x %) for credit card payments. Now, who pays cash these days. It's not mentioned when you check-in. But frankly it's robbery. What the ?
- The gym is only open 5am to 10pm.... why not 24/7 ??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish Brisbane accommodation located within walking distance of the Queen Street Mall shopping precinct offering guests a full range of services and facilities in relaxed yet sophisticated surroundings. Facilities include restaurant, cafe and bar, fully equipped gymnasium, rooftop swimming pool and Brisbane's largest hotel conference and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Brisbane King George Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citigate King George Square Brisbane Hotel Brisbane