$77
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

$145
$111
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

Hilton Brisbane(Brisbane)
$155
$146
  • Restaurant
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$112
$105
$74
$70
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $84/night.

Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$93
$83
$118
$111
Trip.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

Hotel Jen Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$108
$78
  • Restaurant
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$110
$85
Agoda.com
$138
$117
Agoda.com
2,074 results
All reviewsthe executive loungekg barbalcony roomroom servicecity hallaccor membervalet parkingcentral locationqueen street mallreception areaan upgradecomfortable roomsrooftop poolbuffet breakfastwould stay againpublic transportbusiness trip
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Stayed at this hotel because I needed to stay in town for a work project.

I have stayed here previously before they renamed it, used to be the Carlton Crest.

Service: The property is actually two hotels in one, one tower is the 4.5star side and the other is the 3.5/4 star side. Reception was quite busy and had a short wait to get served. Quite surprised that even though I filled out all my information online when booking I still had to fill out an old style form with all my contact details on it - not a major quibble though.

I was surprised that the doorstaff didn't offer to assist me with my luggage, which was quite considerable given I had almost 6 bags and various other things to do with work. Usually I wouldn't care but in this instance it would have been nice.

Parking: The attendant took the car and parked it for me so I didn't have to worry, but upon checking out I was told that I would have to get the car myself as it was a 60min wait for them to get it.

Room: We had a fairly small room on the city hall side of the hotel, overlooking city hall - which is quite nice at night.

Breakfast: Was the only low point in regards to service. We were told to just find a seat where we could. I had to walk around and ask a number of staff for some cutlery. And again I had to ask two staff for a cup of coffee. Otherwise it was fine enough, I am not the kind to complain.

Overall: the hotel is not bad at all, it is a fairly large hotel compared with others in the city, and honestly if you are coming to Brisbane for business or you are more interested in siteseeing this hotel is more than adequate.
I am not a harsh reviewer of hotels, and overall the stay was pleasent and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank MaverickRoss
Reviewed October 25, 2008

Very average hotel in an average city. Need to be careful in the area as quite close to train station. Room was quite nice, but not quite up to the website photos. Found the concierge staff quite unhelpful.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2008

I stayed here last weekend, and booked it through Last Minute.

They advertised a 4.5 star rating, but upon arrival- the concierges did not even offer to take my bags into my room.

The car park was out of the way, as I had to use two lifts and walk 50m to get to my hotel room. Also, the car park fills up pretty quickly, so it's pot luck getting a spot.

For a Hotel claiming 4.5 stars, Citigate did not provide complimentary toothbrushes, slippers or even a cheap shaver.

The room was small and crampy, with a very small window overlooking a road.

On the first night, I was scratching profusely and I suspect that the bedsheets were not washed.

Another bad point, is that they kept all their tourist brochures behind the unfriendly concierge desks. When I asked them for a look, they weren't really interested in talking about Brisbane's many tourist sites.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank pat0070
Reviewed August 2, 2008

A comfortable hotel in a very central location - the room was fine and staff friendly helpful and courteous. Bistro restaurant good for evening meals and reasonable value. Relaxed stay with no problems

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Moonraker_8
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Stayed for 3 nights while attending a conference. I was actually pleasantly surprised and it made me more optimistic about mid-range hotels.

All the staff I dealt with were extremely friendly and helpful (this is usually where mid-range hotels fall down). The room was very comfortable - good bed, new furniture and a new flat screen tv. The bathroom didn't look like it had been renovated with the rest of the hotel, but it was functional (tiles need to be re-grouted, though). I ordered room service twice and it was the quickest I've ever experienced - the longest wait was 20 mins and the food arrived piping hot and tasty. The pool and gym were ok - what I would expect for this standard of hotel (although I would be disappointed if I were staying in the more expensive Sebel, which uses the same facilities).

The one problem, and I think it's quite a bad one, was that there were a number of hairs in the shower when I arrived. This breaks a pretty big rule for me. The last thing you want in a bathroom is evidence of the previous guest. Also, on the following days there were hairs left behind after the bathroom had been cleaned (hopefully mine by this stage). I'm sure this was the result of one bad cleaner, so this is probably not going to be an issue for most guests. But still.....

I'm not overly attached to this hotel but if I were in Brisbane in the future for work with a limited budget I would definitely consider it.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business