“Top notch”

Pullman Brisbane King George Square
Ranked #47 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The place was so clean and all the staff were very friendly.
The food was very good. The whole atmosphere was just great.
The rooms had everything you need in them. I would certainly recommend the Pullman Brisbane.

Dear Therese,

Thankyou for telling us about your stay and a huge thankyou for the recommendation, it is much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and look forward to welcoming you again into the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Arrived later than expected and had great service from the valet and reception staff. After checking in to my well appointed, clean and modern room with a great view of the church across the road, I went down to the executive lounge to meet an acquaintance. The attendant advised that I had missed the canapés and drinks, not really an issue as I just needed somewhere quiet to sit and chat. Instead, she asked me what I would like to drink, went off and brought me back a glass of wine and a plate of biscuits and cheese because "you can't have a pinot Gris without some nibblies". The same attendant went out her way on the last day to make me and and another associate a cup of coffee from the restaurant instead of the automatic coffee in the exec lounge. Sensational service that went beyond what was required.

The restaurant was impressive with the quality of the meals and the service here was once again exceptional.

One downside was that the windows facing out to the courtyard in the hallways to the rooms, hadn't been cleaned for sometime. The cobwebs looked like they had been there for months. The other was that the breakfast served in the executive lounge is quite limited, and although I had the option of using the restaurant, I actually preferred the intimacy of the lounge for my meetings.

Location is great and I will be using this as my regular base for my Brisbane trips.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Eddie,

Thankyou for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

I also appreciate you noting the windows, these have now been cleaned. I will be sure to pass onto our Food & Beverage Manager your comments about the breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next (several) visits.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The hotel is right in the centre of Brisbane and ideally located to explore the city. I'm not sure if it has been recently refurbished, but it all looked very smart, clean and modern. The room was excellent - we were upgraded and had a balcony - and had everything we needed. I had a great nights sleep as the room was very dark and quiet and the bed very comfortable. The rooftop pool area is great for lounging. The extensive breakfast buffet was to a very good standard. I would recommend this hotel as good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear brisbane42,

Thankyou for taking the time to tell us a little about your stay. It sounds as though you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again sometime.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed at the Pullman recently and had a very pleasant stay, The location is fantastic right next to the Town Hall building and close to the main mall. If you're coming from the airport save yourself $40 on a taxi ride as the airport rail link is a only a couple of hundred metres from the front door.

The room I had was modern and stylish, and I found the staff to be very friendly and efficient. Even though there was a conference on when I stayed I still found the staff were able to keep things running smoothly. I didn't eat at the hotel it was a little on the pricey side like most major chains, but mainly because there are plenty of good options available close by in the mall on the other side of the town hall.

Only downside was that the room rate is at the high end of the scale but you do get a very good location.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the opposite side of to the town hall if you intend on sleeping in. The town b...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Lee_thal77,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I’m pleased you had a pleasant stay and thankful for your thoughts on the price, we encourage all feedback as it helps us to meet our guests needs. The staff will also take great encouragement from your kind comments.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Tried to book for bed and breakfast first up. Looked to be available on site. NOT SO... When I called booking agency I was assured on booking these rooms they had been hand picked. Had option to choose king bed - did so...didn't happen.

Ended up with room overlooking bloody smokers' courtyard - disgusting. Noisy. Toilet running in room all night. Cockroaches. Air-con didn't work. Made mention on check-out - she was on the phone more concerned about that than bidding us farewell...will NEVER spend another night in this establishment...value for money :( :(

Tried to get half/half pizza to share from restaurant - NO GO... he eats meat - I'm vegetarian. They DID NOT CARE!

Tried to find pizza restaurant from concierge - they failed to ring back - claimed they tried TWICE and no answer - NO WAY - upon ringing to check as I'd heard nothing found they had called wrong room number.

So SO disappointed. This was meant to be a very special week-end away for me as a gift from my partner.

We will NEVER stay with PULLMAN - or recommend to ANYBODY.

Called to find out how I could lodge a review as I was unhappy. Nobody from hotel was interested but said Manager reads these reviews...how sad is that? Nobody cares...but if the Manager reads this hopefully somebody in the future might be spared the expense of such a terrible experience.

SOOO DISAPPOINTED - a once in a lifetime experience completely wrecked.

Room Tip: Avoid Pullman - I have more stories to tell if you wish to hear them.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colleen L
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Colleen

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay, it is greatly appreciated when our guests do leave us with feedback. It seems as though we have let you down on many occasions throughout your stay and being a special time, it is unacceptable on our behalf.

Colleen, I would like to discuss with you further your stay. If you could please email with you contact details and any other concerns, so that I can ring you. My email is grant.parnell@accor.com. I look forward to hearing from you.