“Delayed flight”

Ranked #43 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Singapore, Singapore
“Delayed flight”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was one of the unfortunate passengers of a flight that was cancelled and given this hotel for a overnight stay. The room was OK except very dimly light up so it was eerie. I subscribed to one hour internet and the connectivity was very bad in the room and in the restaurant and could only used it at the front lobby of the hotel. As a guest of the airline due to the flight cancellation, I was treated differently at the restaurant. I was not allowed to order wine from the restaurant but have to do so at the bar opposite the restaurant and bring the wine over to the restaurant to enjoy with my meal. If I want to order another glass, I have to walk over to the bar to buy another glass. Since the hotel did not want to earn from my purchase of the drinks, I decided not to give the business to the hotel so I dine without the wine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear ctsim,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square.

You have certainly made some valid points in your review and I apologise for the issues and inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We do strive at the hotel to ensure our service is consistent to all our guests and would seem on this time we have let you down.

Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guests needs. I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Grant Parnell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Introduction
Located in the heart of Brisbane central business district, just a 25 minute drive away from the airport, The Pullman Hotel / The Pullman Brisbane King George Square is an excellent place for leisure travel stays, due to its convenience and accessibility. Many tourist attractions in Brisbane are within a short commute from The Pullman Hotel, making this one of the most popular and frequently fully booked hotels in Brisbane.

Ambience
The Pullman Hotel has rather contemporary and modern decor within, though the exterior leaves much to be desired. While it looks rather plain and unattractive from the outside, the interior has beautiful and comfortable furnishings, and a fresh, welcoming atmosphere.

Room
As a 5 star hotel, The Pullman Hotel has spacious, well-equipped and comfortable rooms. I stayed in the Deluxe Guest Room, which has an In-Room TV Guide, and movies on demand. The bathroom has a bathub and 2 sinks, while the work desk offers paid internet access. A water heater and ironing board are available in the room. I did find the overall room lighting to be rather dim however, and you don't have much control over the brightness. The chairs are rather comfortable, but looks dated. Depending on the location of your room in the The Pullman Hotel, you'll either have a nice view of the surrounding area, or a view of the plain back area of the hotel.

Food options at the Bistro Allure are typical of a fine dining restaurant, and prices are rather high as compared to elsewhere. Portions are large, and while the food is tasty, I've had better elsewhere in Brisbane. If given a choice, I wouldn't dine here for my daily meals, as The Pullman Hotel has several great cafes and restaurants within walking distance, some of which are open 24 hours daily.

Service at The Pullman Hotel / The Pullman Brisbane King George Square is excellent. Staff are observant and attentive, and most are very friendly. Requests get carried out quickly and efficiently. I had particularly good conversations with the staff who assisted us during our business meetings, and it's easy to buzz them when we needed help.

Facilities & Activities
The accessibility of The Pullman Hotel is great. It's located within 5 minutes walking distance of the major shopping malls in Brisbane, with public transport on all sides, and within a short commute by public transport to several tourist attractions. The conference and meeting facilities are somewhat lacking, as there was no audio system in the King George conference room we used.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mackay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our stay at the Pullman in Brisbane was brilliant. It was a 5 minute walk to & from Central Station, from where we had arrived & departed via the Air Train Service (Railway) from the Brisbane Domestic Airport Terminal. The Hotels facilities where all class. The Lobby, the Rooms, everything, was clean & spotless (it even smelled fresh). The Hotel was completely occupied, but it didn't feel like that. We had use of the Executive Lounge, which itself is a fantastic little getaway in the Hotel complex. The staff were very professional & courteous, which helped create a friendly atmosphere, seldom found within a Hotel complex like the Pullman. The Hotel is a 10 minute walk to Suncorp Stadium through Roma Street & the famous Caxton Street & it is also central to the Brisbane CBD, being directly beside the Brisbane City Hall. My only issue was the price of the night of the Test Match between the Wallabies V British & Irish Lions, but in comparison to similar accommodation within Brisbane during the same night, it was much the same.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Todd,

Thankyou for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel. You have certainly given us some great feedback that I know the team will enjoy hearing.

Todd, thankyou again for your response, it really is much appreciated and I hope you enjoyed what was a very close game!

Regards
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed at the Pullman because i thought the rates were reasonable for the level of comfort i sought - Normally stay the Hilton, but the rates there are now ridiculous for a tired old hotel.
Room was great, well decorated and comfortable and value - paid extra to get into the executive lounge and that was disappointing, only one person supporting the room for breakfast and clearly run off her feet. Had to wait 40 minutes to get a fried egg delivered, so lost interest and walked out, after which i just went to the normal breakfast, so that was a waste of money.
Overall i will return, but i wont pay for the executive lounge facilities!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent experience at Pullman Brisbane King George Square and thankyou for choosing to give our hotel a go! I’m glad you like the room. I’m sorry your experience in the lounge was not up to the standard one would expect from an Executive Lounge. I will ensure you comment is passed onto our Food and Beverage Manager. With the lounge being quite new to us, we are continually working on ways to make it better and on this occasion it seems we have let you down.

However it is great to read that you would still stay with us again, we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again.

Kind regards
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Enjoyed the stay, loved valet parking, soo easy. Great convenient location. Beds were a bit harder than I like but very quiet rooms for inner city. it was my first stay here but I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family