“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We spent a night at the Pullman to celebrate a birthday. I had used Accor points to book the room. We were upgraded to a room with a balcony. The room was exceptionally large with a well appointed bathroom. We did have to wait for over 30 minutes for our luggage to be bought up to our room, however we were given a free bottle of white wine as an apology. I did find the fitness centre a little disappointing.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Tonir63,

Thankyou for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us to continually strive to give our guests great customer service. Our gym still needs some finishing touches and we are just waiting on our weights machine to arrive. I hope the birthday was a great celebration and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Grant Parnell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Often stay at the Pullman in Sydney , love the pillow top beds and feather pillows there.
Was expecting the same at the Brisbane Pullman :(.
Plus hate showers over baths.
Loved the happy hour drinks & Tapas.
Staff very friendly & efficent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Holiday_434,

Thankyou for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations on your stay. If you do stay again please do not hesitate to contact our housekeeping department as they have a selection of pillows that may suit you better.

The staff will like hearing your thoughts on them and will serve as good encouragement to the team. I hope that we have the oppotunity to welcome you again at the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had been booked into the Pullman Brisbane as a visiting convention guest from overseas and found a clean and very well appointed hotel, though run very much to a 'business' formula. Seldom did I enter the lobby without seeing yet another posse of flight crews booking in or out. I'll admit I was greatly assisted both by the reception staff and the concierge when staying there, but the hotel and its guest rooms seemed what I'd call 'upper-grade soul-less'. Comfortable, yes, but quite lacking in personality or warmth. Beware, incidentally, the hotel's rapacious 29 dollar-a-day connection charge for wifi ! I cannot see how this can be justified given what it must cost the hotel - equally, the restaurant charges are on the high side. The hotel's central location is a bonus and it is near a thriving shopping mall, but had I had any choice in the matter it would not have been my personal preference as a place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WINETEACHER32
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear WINETEACHER32,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. We always hope that our guests will have an enjoyable stay at the hotel and most importantly feel relaxed and at home, please accept my apologies that on this occasion we have let you down.

Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guests needs.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located right in the heart of Brisbane and is just finishing renovations. The rooms are nicely refurbished with comfortable beds though the bathrooms look a bit 1985. The breakfast in the restaurant is excellent and the buffet and service there is a cut above the normal hotel fare. So why only an average rating? Well the service I found to be variable. There were problems with my booking that staff on my arrival were disinterested in fixing and I was given a room so close to the elevator I could almost press the buttons without leaving my room where as my ACCOR registered preferences are for a room as far from an elevator as possible. Staff in the hotel were again indifferent to this and clearly thought I was above my station in asking for a different room, I did not get one. The redeeming feature was that other staff were helpful and when I took the step of emailing the General Manager about my treatment in the hotel he contacted me by phone and email, he made no excuses and fully apologized.i think that says a lot about his concern for guests. I think my experience is not the normal and given the attitude of the General Manager I think service will only improve and I would still recommend this hotel for a stay in Brisbane.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear David,

Thank you again for your feedback, David, both on TripAdvisor and your email. I am certainly interested in our guests stays along with any issues they had during their stay. It was great to talk through these issues on the phone and we look forward to welcoming you again into the future.

Main Beach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Lovely comfy bed, great staff, terrific service, they arranged our very early wake up call, got us a taxi and saw us off on our holiday.
We just love all the bathroom amenities everything we could wish for and yummy biscuits to go with the cuppa.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mandy515,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. Fantastic to hear you had a great stay. We hope you had a relaxing holiday.

Gosford, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I had a great stay and would stay there again. I found the room and facilities in good order and repair. Service in and out of the hotel was excellent. I look forward to seeing the new renovations.

I have no idea why this has to be a minimum of 200 characters

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Mandurah, WEST. AUSTRALIA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have recently stayed at the Pullman King George Square, and after staying there last year, I must admit I was slightly disappointed this time.The room I was issued had an unpleasant odour upon entry which I traced to the bar fridge cabinet. I left the room and ventured into the city for a short while, after turning the air-conditioner up, hoping the smell would disappear. When I returned, the smell was still there, so i contacted reception and they sent a man up directly to investigate. He rectified the fridge problem, but the odour remained... Reception gladly moved me to a different room on a higher floor which was great.
The new room had a faulty bathroom light which was quite inconvenient, and when the maintenance man came to repair it, it was beyond him and the job could not be completed. Reception offered me another room on my second (and last) night, but I declined the offer as I had already moved once.
I was very happy with the service from the staff at the Pullman, and their willingness to help with the issues, but I would have thought these things could be sorted before they let out the room. The toiletries were different in the two rooms, and there was no bath towels in the second room I moved to. (Another call to housekeeping)
Valet parking staff were excellent and parking was very easy.
The Pullman is a very nice hotel, and has all the facilities needed, including a close location to the CBD, but I am sorry to say that my stay there last April was more comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear ekidna6,

Thankyou for your review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused on your stay. I will most definitely pass your comments onto our Chief Engineer and Executive Housekeeper for follow-up. We do strive to make sure the rooms are in order before our guest’s arrival and it seems we have let you down on this occasion. Thank you for your kind comments with regards to the staff, they are very much appreciated by everyone. I hope that we can welcome you again and be a better hotel than what we were last April and more so this April!