Pullman Brisbane King George Square
The Sebel Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
$99
$118
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Oaks Charlotte Towers(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$123
Mantra on Queen(Brisbane)
$128
$113
  • Restaurant
Watermark Hotel Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$117
$137
$133
$80
2,012 results
All reviewskg barthe executive loungeroom servicebalcony roomcity hallaccor membervalet parkingcentral locationqueen street mallreception areaan upgradecomfortable roomsbuffet breakfastwould stay againrooftop barlocation is excellentbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I live on the gold coast and I work in brisbane so due to commitments I stay once a month in the city. The re-vamp of the rooms was very nice and I really liked the decor. The room I had was positioned in a quite part of the hotel but my sleep was disturbed by a loud humming sound from the bathroom which was intermittent on departure I told the reception and they showed concern but then went on to charge me twice for the room! Back to the Sofitel for me next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Garbo999,

Thank you for your telling us about your recent experience at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. It’s disappointing to us that your sleep was disturbed by the humming from the bathroom. Our maintenance team are currently going through each room individually to fix any maintenance faults. Along with you reporting it any future guests shouldn’t experience the same.

Garbo999, we hope the above has not completely deterred you from staying at the hotel again and would like to welcome you again sometime into the future.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the pullman the last week in March and found it an overall pleasing experience. The valet parking, quick no fuss checkin. The room was large and well furnished. One small but important feature were the pillows, most comfortable. The one complaint I had was the air conditioning, it was loud enough to be annoying, I had to turn it off during the night.
The hotel is well situated (next to City Hall) a short walk to the Casino and the Mall.
The cheerful and friendly staff went a long way towards making this stay a most pleasant experience.

Room Tip: our room at the front had a view of the parklands, a room at the rear, from the upper floors at least, should give you a view of the river and South Bank.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed for one night in late March 2012 due to a missed flight connection so the stay was basically at the expense of Virgin Australia.
Check-in was prompt and efficient and my questions on what was included by the airline were answered efficiently.

I received a voucher for dinner in the bistro and to be honest it was very disappointing.

I started to take exception when I was told twice by the surly staff that the Virgin Australia voucher was not for drinks and the food that I had ordered was over the $50 limit. I didn't care! I had been travelling for over six hours and was hungry and thirsty! Unfortunately the restaurant or Bistro, as I think it was called, didn't really deliver on either count. The so called medium "Black Angus" steak should have been supplied with a chainsaw and the glass of Shiraz that I ordered with the meal never arrived. I have eaten a lot of Black Angus steak and I would seriously talk with your meat suppliers, someone is getting ripped off....The ice cream dessert however was very good.

The room was clean and comfortable for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear SteveMani,

It’s unfortunate to hear your experience in the restaurant was not up to the standard you would expect from a hotel such as ours. I will most definitely pass your comments onto our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager for follow-up.

Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guests needs.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I took this hotel needing to stay within the Accor group to reach status level. I had an Executive King room. Location much closer to the action than i was expecting - it looks a long way to walk on the map down to Southbank/Convention centre, but it wasn't at all.
The lobby is spacious, the service at front counter friendly and helpful.
The lifts were always fast and available.
The decor was all brand new - still new carpet smell - the toiletries were good, aircon worked fast, good shower strength. Room service was prompt, although too prompt the second night (I was there on a project so staying in to work!) - the dim sum dish was not cooked. Quickly replaced though. I had WiFi issues (my own) - the service provided was very efficient and helpful. I was pretty happy with this hotel, and I'm very fussy - except as a Gold Accor member, I am supposed to get special extras at Pullmans - I didnt know this til I got home, and they certainly didn't offer them, so point it out if you go there!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Goingfor100,

It’s fantastic to hear the hotel was better than you were expecting, thankyou for your kind comments. Feedback like yours it most definitely encouraging for our team and I will pass it on.

I’m glad you had a good stay at the hotel and thankyou for bringing to our attention that you did not receive the extras you were entitled too, please accept my apologies and I will bring it to the attention of our Rooms Division Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Nice property, nice rooms,well serviced, one of the best concierge services I've encountered.
Only issue is with that Australianpractice of charging your account with an extra $100.00 then leaving you to wait to get the credit. Nasty way to deal with the concern that is expected to protect the hotel from.
Also, very outdated approach to providing wifi access. Could certainly join the norn and make it free at a place of this standing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple