“Pleasant experience”

Pullman Brisbane King George Square
Ranked #43 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the pullman the last week in March and found it an overall pleasing experience. The valet parking, quick no fuss checkin. The room was large and well furnished. One small but important feature were the pillows, most comfortable. The one complaint I had was the air conditioning, it was loud enough to be annoying, I had to turn it off during the night.
The hotel is well situated (next to City Hall) a short walk to the Casino and the Mall.
The cheerful and friendly staff went a long way towards making this stay a most pleasant experience.

Room Tip: our room at the front had a view of the parklands, a room at the rear, from the upper floors at leas...
There are newer reviews for Pullman Brisbane King George Square

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed for one night in late March 2012 due to a missed flight connection so the stay was basically at the expense of Virgin Australia.
Check-in was prompt and efficient and my questions on what was included by the airline were answered efficiently.

I received a voucher for dinner in the bistro and to be honest it was very disappointing.

I started to take exception when I was told twice by the surly staff that the Virgin Australia voucher was not for drinks and the food that I had ordered was over the $50 limit. I didn't care! I had been travelling for over six hours and was hungry and thirsty! Unfortunately the restaurant or Bistro, as I think it was called, didn't really deliver on either count. The so called medium "Black Angus" steak should have been supplied with a chainsaw and the glass of Shiraz that I ordered with the meal never arrived. I have eaten a lot of Black Angus steak and I would seriously talk with your meat suppliers, someone is getting ripped off....The ice cream dessert however was very good.

The room was clean and comfortable for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear SteveMani,

It’s unfortunate to hear your experience in the restaurant was not up to the standard you would expect from a hotel such as ours. I will most definitely pass your comments onto our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager for follow-up.

Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guests needs.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I took this hotel needing to stay within the Accor group to reach status level. I had an Executive King room. Location much closer to the action than i was expecting - it looks a long way to walk on the map down to Southbank/Convention centre, but it wasn't at all.
The lobby is spacious, the service at front counter friendly and helpful.
The lifts were always fast and available.
The decor was all brand new - still new carpet smell - the toiletries were good, aircon worked fast, good shower strength. Room service was prompt, although too prompt the second night (I was there on a project so staying in to work!) - the dim sum dish was not cooked. Quickly replaced though. I had WiFi issues (my own) - the service provided was very efficient and helpful. I was pretty happy with this hotel, and I'm very fussy - except as a Gold Accor member, I am supposed to get special extras at Pullmans - I didnt know this til I got home, and they certainly didn't offer them, so point it out if you go there!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Goingfor100,

It’s fantastic to hear the hotel was better than you were expecting, thankyou for your kind comments. Feedback like yours it most definitely encouraging for our team and I will pass it on.

I’m glad you had a good stay at the hotel and thankyou for bringing to our attention that you did not receive the extras you were entitled too, please accept my apologies and I will bring it to the attention of our Rooms Division Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Nice property, nice rooms,well serviced, one of the best concierge services I've encountered.
Only issue is with that Australianpractice of charging your account with an extra $100.00 then leaving you to wait to get the credit. Nasty way to deal with the concern that is expected to protect the hotel from.
Also, very outdated approach to providing wifi access. Could certainly join the norn and make it free at a place of this standing.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The name of the hotel was too long and hard to remember not good if you want to ask a taxi. The lobby was freezing cold so every time you enter the lobby you think its cold outside get changed and roast outside.
On Sunday morning the cleaner decided to start vacuuming at 6am with the nearby room door open. Then she returned again at 7am and did another room with the door open. Common courtesy would be to close the door when vacuuming at that hour especially on the weekend.
On a birghter note the rooms look good and the location is great

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Pooleh,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. I’m sorry you were woken by the cleaner at an early time. I have spoken with our Executive Housekeeper and we will look into the procedure of cleaning early room.

Pooleh, again I thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We got this hotel on a Mystery Deal quite cheap and was not expecting much. Well it was great 2 queen beds to 1 room - very comfortable. Was then given the chance to upgade and so glad we did. Service was 10/10 especially the lady doing breakfast on her own in the lounge. Will defo go back to this hotel and pay full price

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Shani_1990,

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. It is always wonderful to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel is definately nothing to look at from the outside. The pullman tower and adjacent Mercure are a bit of an eyesore. But accor have done a good job on renovating the Pullman rooms. Great furnishings and decor. The bathroom looked original but was clean and functional. Although I do hate a shower over a bath...
Staff were friendly and professional. I didnt visit the pool, but was advised that it was located at the top of the Mercure tower. The lifts were a little confusing to know where you are going... Despite this being a very old hotel, the renovation has been done well and I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Roma Park
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Brocko25,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. It is always wonderful to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team!

Pullman Brisbane King George Square