“Restaurant”

Ranked #43 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Cairns, Australia
“Restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had dinner on the evening of Sat 26th Jan at your restaurant. Clearly there was a lack of staff. The meal was very late in coming. Many others in the restaurant were complaining. Our hostess offered us a complimentary cheese platter to be served in out room. It did not turn up that evening. We spoke to the staff at breakfast. Nothing happened. We again spoke to the staff in the afternoon and finally it arrived about an hour later. At breakfast on the Sunday morning we waited 1/2 an hour for bacon to be available. When it arrived it was clearly undercooked. Your location is good and other services are all OK. For these reasons we would stay again. We will not however use your restaurant facilities again. It is very evident to us that cost cutting measures are in place which have cut back on staff levels in the restaurant. Perhaps you have gone too far as the staff are VERY unhappy to be copping flack from customers when they are unable to fix the problem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GregCairns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel was well located close to the business district being a short walk. The breakfast was excellent. Several restaurants were nearby and overall a good hotel. They did not provide complimentary wifi in rooms.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

After a hectic w'end of storms, wind & floods, I pulled-up in the driveway of the Pullman & was confronted by Stu (Valet on duty). No warm greeting; no assistance with getting luggage from the car; no trolley offered for the bags I had let alone the offer of taking them to my room; & his uppity attitude was, quite frankly, rude & uncalled for.
Check-in; once again, no warm greeting. Female on the counter was as friendly as a plague of locusts and didn't appear to have the capacity to smile; perhaps she was having a 'bad day' but that shouldn't affect her hospitality "skills".
Room; 15th floor. Small & basic but clean & comfortable. Ridiculous that each lamp had to be turned on separately; actually, the whole room & bathroom is poorly lit. The a/c is as noisy as Central station @ peak hour but essential when your room faces West & it's Summer. Roger & Gallet toiletries a winner.
Breakfast; unsmiling waitress "greets" me. Full-buffet is a terrible considering the price. Same-old boring offerings. When asked if I could have a poached egg, the waitress grabs a plate from under the heat-lamps & thrusts it at me spilling warm water all over my hands; no apology.
I could go on about the Female on the 2nd day I parked or my check-out experience but it would be futile.
Note to Pullman Managers: get some decent staff training in place, revamp your dining offerings & sort the place out. You'll lose valuable Corporate business if you don't.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Foodlovr1
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Foodlovr1,

Thank you for you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at Pullman Brisbane King George Square.

It is disappointing to hear about the service you received whilst at the hotel and for that I am sorry. Your comments will be passed onto out Rooms Division and Food & Beverage Managers for follow-up with their departments. Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guests needs.

Foodlovr1, I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to experience us at our best.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

This property is under renovation.
The rooms have already been upgraded and are very nice. I had a room on the south-eastern corner, with windows along the entire length of one room. Light, bright and very pleasant.
The lobby is only half-completed. Pool and gym area is still being renovated.
The Allure Bistro, attached to the hotel, is good for breakfast. There is a wide variety, and the food - particularly the fruit - is good quality. Lunch and dinner are ordinary. You are best advised to eat elsewhere for those meals.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south-east corner have windows along the length of the room, making them light and brig...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lellobear
Dear Lellobear,

Thank you for your great feedback about Pullman Brisbane King George Square. We most certainly are in the middle of our refurbishment. The gym and pool areas are now complete and open to the guests. Our lobby is still to be completed.

It is always wonderful to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments about lunch and dinner are passed onto our kitchen team.

Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our 2012 staff Xmas Ball was held at this hotel so I decided to book in for the night as a bit of a treat for myself.
On the day I went to the hair dressers and paid handsomely to have my hair done in an up-style for the upcoming Ball, then drove to Brisbane City to book into the Pullman.
I pulled up at the front of the hotel and asked the attendant to direct me to the hotel car park. She informed me that there were no car parks left, that it's a case of 'first in best dressed'. I said you have be kidding! Where am I supposed to park my car? She directed me to a car parking station on the opposite side of the 4 lane road and said they only charge $15 overnight for a Saturday night. I was left with no option but to go with this suggestion and asked her if I could leave my Ball gown & luggage with her so I wouldn't have to carry it back across the busy road. This seemed to be an inconvenience however she agreed to take my belongings and have them sent to my room.
I made my way to the parking station and then walked back to the hotel, navigating my way across 4 lanes in gale force winds. As you could imagine, my hairdo was completely wind blown and ruined by the time I got to the hotel where I found my belonging had been left unattended on the footpath out the front of the Hotel! I checked in and asked to have my things sent up to my room ASAP fearing they would disappear and I would have no dress to wear to the Ball!
I spent an hour trying to fix my ruined hair but to no avail, it looked dreadful. The room was so dark I could hardly see a thing because I couldn't find the switches for the numerous lamps. I tried to turn the TV on so I could catch the news and ended up having to call for an attendant to get a TV station for me. I asked him if there was some sort of room navigation class available for prospective guests that perhaps I had missed... my sarcasm was ignored. Honestly, the entire room was so user UN-friendly it was beyond a joke.
After the Ball, around midnight, I returned to my room totally exhausted and looking forward to just falling into bed. The wall light over the bed, which had been on when I had initially arrived, was still on and the switch was NOWHERE to be found. I was so exhausted that I just gave up looking for it in the end, climbed into bed and put a pillow over my head. I couldn't even be bothered calling for assistance again as god only knew how long they would take to come. All night I kept waking up with this annoying light in my eyes. I got up a couple of times and had another look for the elusive switch but I couldn't find it (just between you and me, I don't think that light had a switch!). I thought of taking the card out of the wall which would turn the power off but it was the middle of summer in Qld and it would be way too hot in the room with no aircon so I spent a very long night being constantly woken up by the annoying light.
By 6am, having had quite enough of the whole Pullman experience, I checked out. When I retrieved my car, I found out that the $15 Sat night parking special expires at 5am Sunday morning and I was stung $28 for parking... thank god I couldn't sleep in or it would have cost more for parking than the hotel room! Seriously, how misleading is it for the Pullman staff to tell people that it's only $15 to park there overnight? who is going to leave their hotel bed a 4.45am to move their car to god knows where by 5am? As far as I am concerned this was their parting slap in the face!
Get me once shame on you... get me twice shame on me... NO I WON'T BE BACK!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Roses20122013
Dear Roses20122013,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square.

It is disappointing to us that the service you received did not meet your expectations. You have given us a lot of good detailed feedback that we can look into. Please accept my apologies for the service you received whilst at the hotel, more options should have been made available to you particularly with regards car parking.

Roses20122013, it is through feedback such as yours, that we can improve our service. I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team for follow-up.