Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
2,010 results
All reviewskg barthe executive loungeroom servicebalcony roomcity hallaccor membervalet parkingcentral locationqueen street mallreception areaan upgradecomfortable roomsbuffet breakfastwould stay againrooftop barlocation is excellentbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Wotif mystery deal: Arrived just after the city got smashed by a super storm. Trees down, windows blown out of other buildings, flooding! But we literally got a park on the street right outside the hotel..had to double check the signs to make sure we could stay there so that saved us the exorbitant $40 parking fee. Everything else was great.. friendly, efficient staff at reception and concierge desk.
The room was great..good size with the best bed i've slept in..beautifully decorated (newly refurbished) great views of the Uniting Church Cathedral (3 weddings in 3 hours), and a short hop over King George Square into the mall. Loves: views, bed, decor, bathroom kit (soap etc), kettle fits under the sink, easy to use in-room safe. Could have been better: tv constantly cracking, shower screen didn't stop torrent of water escaping to the bathroom floor.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Brisbane, good value for money and great rooms and location!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for the great feedback regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. I have taken on board your comments about the TV and shower screen and will let our engineering team know to keep an eye out for it.

It is always wonderful to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Booked this hotel through wotif for a very good deal on a friday night. We stayed in a renovated tower and had a corner room. It was great size and good view. It was our aniversary so i wanted something special. The room did not dissapoint.

With staff we however had mized experiences. They were very friendly and available always, however on a number of occasions when we had requested something it was not followed up at all. Not wanting to worry about that we have just left it.

We did not eat at the hotel, however had room service delivery of some food and it was although expensive, very nice. Be warn there isnt that much choice available, especially for special diet needs.

Room Tip: Make sure you check which part of the hotel you are stayin at as there appear to be renovated and not renovated areas.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Grant P, Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pullman Brisbane King George Square. It’s great to hear the room made your anniversary special. When you stay with us next time, please let the Food & Beverage staff know if you have any dietary requirement, our chefs are always happy to tailor a meal to suit your needs.

We like to receive positive feedback at the hotel and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team especially your comments regarding the staff.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

As I was spending the night in the city to celebrate my birthday with my two daughters I wanted it to be a bit special, and the girls were excited to be going into the city overnight. Unfortunately as soon as I walked into the room I was left extremely disappointed. It felt like we were sleeping in a broom cupboard. I don't think I have ever seen a window so small in a hotel room. It was almost claustrophobic. The room was very old and dated. The bathroom wasn't much better.
We got over that and walked into the mall area looking for somewhere to eat. We decided to go back to the hotel restaurant fronting Ann Street. The restaurant wasn't busy but the meals took forever to come out. The food was average, and my daughter asked for her steak to be medium, but it was bloody to say the least. We told the waitress and she said she would speak to her manager, but that was the end of it. We got sick of waiting, so paid the bill and left disappointed with the service. I am always looking out for hotels for colleagues to stay in and certainly won't be recommending this particular one :(

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that has a decent size window and maybe ask if the room has been renovated
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aussietraveller0907
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Mercure Brisbane King George Square. It is disappointing to hear that the service you received did not meet your expectations and I have certainly taken on your comments regarding the room and restaurant.

Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guests needs. I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team especially our Food and Beverage team.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Location
This hotel is located in downtown Brisbane (CBD) very much close to the centre with shops, bars and restaurants all in close vicinity. If you need to be in the heart of Brisbane, then this is a perfect location.
Room
The day spa suite as I believe it was called, was very nice. It was only for a day rest as i flew in during the day and left late at night. The room is basically a large suite on a high floor. It has a large living room decked out in modern plush grey comfortable furnishings and has a large built in tv to wall with a couch and comfortable chairs as well as a large dining room table. The room is very spacious. The adjoining bedroom was large and very comfortable double bed with soft stylish bedding. With good air conditioning facing a large tv facing the Bed also built into wall.
The windows have a really good view of below. The bathroom is very large with two sinks, a bidet and toilet with a large jacuzzi bath but for one person, however this is better because all the spa jets are perfectly aligned to the body and it is a very relaxing bath experience. There is also a very large shower with good shower heads and controls. The bathroom is very spacious and airy with good natural light. Overall,the room was very comfortable and presented clean. Not sure how much it cost as I didn't pay so cannot comment on value for money.
Facilities
Can't really comment on the facilities as didn't use but believe there is a swimming pool and various restaurants. The lobby though is nice with plentiful lounge seating. However WIFI is available in the room but they charge somewhere in excess of 20 aus dollars for 24 hours use which I think is quite unfair.
Staff
Only had minimal interaction with lobby staff as company dealt with them on my behalf, however they seemed friendly especially the door men whom always open the doors of cars and offer friendly relaxed dialogue. Be warned though members of Accor hotels to sort this out before you arrive if you want to earn points as hotel does not have system as yet or taking membership cards even though it is member of Accor hotels group.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel King George Square. What a great review, its sounds like you really enjoyed the room! With regards to been an Accor Club member, we have recently had a change of ownership from one company to Accor. We have now implemented the process so that Accor members will now be recognised.

The Sebel King George Square Brisbane

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is the first time I had stayed at this hotel, only stayed one night when in Brisbane on business recently. Myself and two others arrived at the hotel to be pleasantly surprised by the newly renovated reception area, we were then told all three of us had been upgraded to the newly renovated tower rooms. The rooms are really nicely done, great modern furnishings and not your standard hotel decor. The bathroom however had not been done, while it still presented well the shower over the bath was disappointing and it was impossible to shower without flooding the bathroom as the seal on the shower screen did not seal!

What was quite impressive about this hotel however were the staff who seemed very helpful at every encounter, one of my travelling companions was having trouble with an injured leg and needed a doctor and the staff went to great lengths to try and assist.

We ate dinner in the in house restaurant also recently renovated and were again pleasantly surprised with a good quality meal at a reasonable price. Breakfast was typically hotel expensive $29.00 and not great quality.

As always though a pretty good stay there were a few things on the down side. In room broadband connection was expensive at $29.00 for 24 hours with a small download limit which was very poor value at a time when many cheaper hotel are now making broadband free. Secondly the air conditioning fan in the rooms was very noisy and hard to sleep with, I tried turning it off then the room became to hot, my companions also complained of this problem so I think all rooms are the same.

A good stay overall though and at $289 reasonable value for the central location.

Room Tip: I don't think all rooms are yet renovated so ask for one when booking
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business