“Great Location,”

Pullman Brisbane King George Square
Ranked #49 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We choose to stay here for pleasure as we needed a night away to escape the reality of life. We used lastminute and it was the Secret Deal, so it was at a really good price. Although I believe you can actually get the same rate last minute from their website anyway.
The staff were efficient, friendly and accommodating. We were lucky enough to get a executive king room. The room was spacious and the king bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean, however the bath wasn't really deep enough. The shower pressure was also a bit of an issue.
We used room service late at night and had no problems with speed or price. We actually ate by the Eagle Street Pier. So was great location and walking distance to all the CBD's hotspots.

I do wish that wifi wasn't so expensive in all hotels. I think it's a bit ludicrous that in this day and age that we are paying so much for wifi. With the room charges I do think it should be included, not at an extra charge!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room. We didn't and regret it.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,970)

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I had a one night stay in Brisbane for business and booked into this hotel at last minute, literally via Lastminute.com.au. I got it as a Secret Deal at a great rate...however later found out you can access the same rate for this hotel on their web site. But no matter...on arrival the porter met my taxi and took my bag straight to reception where I was greeted warmly and my booking was processed efficiently by friendly staff. I was a bit frazzled as I had left another hotel I had been booked into because it had not met my expectations (a 2 star hotel pretending to be 4 star). Within a few minutes of being at the Sebel however, I felt relaxed and when I went up to my room (8th floor) and was happy to find a well appointed room with a comfortable King bed. Thank goodness!

They have an extensive room service menu but as Queen St Mall is just across the road, I popped over to buy some dinner at one of the sushi places. Location is excellent for access to most points of interest in Brisbane CBD and fringes.

I did have breakfast ordered to the room and it was just what I felt like (poached eggs on very yummy sourdough toast and a properly made flat white) and good value for the price...you'd pay similar in a city cafe.

My only complaint really is the cost of wifi....or that there is any cost for wifi. Hotels in Australia really need to understand that wifi is expected and should be provided within the room charge...as is the case in most overseas markets.

Anyway, the checkout process was similarly efficient and friendly and by the time I reached the lobby door the doorman had a taxi waiting for me with my bag ready to go.

Will definitely recommend to colleagues who stay regularly in Brisbane.

Room Tip: I didn't have a problem with noise. My room overlooked the freeway on the 8th floor and was doub...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ratl
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. It’s great to hear you we’re greeted warmly and felt relaxed on entering the hotel and you thought the staff were friendly.

We certainly do have some fabulous team members here at the hotel and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have been staying at the Sebel for a couple of weeks for business (staying during the work week).

The Sebel is on the edge of the city and right next to a train station so is very convenient for both business and a city holiday. Taxi to the airport is around $50.

The rooms are quite nice, quiet - best try for a room in the newer wing (that's the one next to reception). The "premier" rooms are larger. I found them very quiet and well maintained. Service is very prompt and friendly.

The restaurant is nice and similarly priced to any nice hotel - around $30 - $40 for a main course. the buffet breakfast is OK, but over the last 3 weeks it is exactly the same food - gets monotonous.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jocy_12

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your postive feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night in a balcony room we can't really complain breakfast is what you expect in a 4.5 star hotel, bed ultra comfy, towels soft. Only thing was bathrobes weren't fluffy of white as you would expect. Bath room was nice bath not big enough to have a good bubble bath

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane.

It is great to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Hospitable and lovely staff Receptionist.
Very nice and good ambiance inside the room.
Beautiful and lovely room service especially for food delivery. Thanks to the girl who serve my food in the room.
Great Location. Very Good Service.
Will definitely book there again.
Really good because you just ask the girl on the reception area and they will book you on the cab. The taxi respond quickly and right away in front of the lobby to pick you up.

Room Tip: 16th floor corners was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kllamera
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. It’s fantastic to hear all the great things you have to say about the hotel and our staff. I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I travel to Brisbane each month and found this hotel through a Wotif Mystery deal. Overall it was a great hotel in a very convenient location. My room was newly renovated and very nicely appointed and very clean. My only issue was the air con was very noisy, even with the fan on low. I had dineer in the restaurant with a colleague and it was very good and the service was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. It’s great you thought the room was well appointed and clean.

My apologies for the noise from the air conditioning, we have passed your comments onto our engineering department so that they can keep a look out for it.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel itself is fine, comfortable rooms and beds. Double glazing to prevent outside noise is great. However our problem concerned noise affecting our sleep and was twofold. We had to use the airconditioner (a warmish night) and it was soooo noisy - it did not have a sleep cycle and the fan only worked on high speed. Secondly, there seemed to be sewerage pipes within the internal walls of the building - everytime an upper floor or toilet was used during the night we could hear a rush of water. Both these issues were most detrimental to our sleeping - in fact my wife had no sleep at all. We did not complain as we had dined out that evening and as we were fairly late getting back to the room we just put up with it.

Room Tip: Make sure a room far away from the sewerage pipes is selected when checking in. Also ensure the air...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

We were concerned to read your comments in regards to the noise from the air conditioner. We have passed your comments onto our chief engineer for their review and to ensure the units are being checked for maintenance. We understand the importance of a good night’s sleep and it would appear on this occasion that we have let you down.

I hope you found the other facilities in the hotel and overall service to your satisfaction and we look forward to welcome you back here at the hotel in the near future to ensure you get a better night’s sleep.