2,129 results
All reviews the executive lounge kg bar balcony room room service city hall accor member valet parking queen street mall central location reception area an upgrade rooftop bar comfortable rooms buffet breakfast public transport business trip would stay again
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had some time in Brisbane and this was a perfect place to stay. Central location and easy walking distance to the riverfront and dining areas. Very comfortable beds and quiet as well. Place was very clean, efficient checkin service and helpful staff when getting directions. Breakfastw as also good here and woudl stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tartarugas
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. It’s good to hear that the hotel was centrally located for you with comfortable beds and quiet rooms and happy you thought the staff were efficient and helpful.

We are always pleased to receive such positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed at the Sebel Citigate over a weekend - as it was convenient for a conference I was attending in Brisbane. Classified as a 'queen superior', the room was on the 13th floor - thank fully well away from the noisy bar. It was smaller than I expected but fairly comfortable for a short stay and there was quite a good veiw.

One the plus side, the hotel is well located - it is an easy stroll into the CBD. The foyer area is quite attractive. On the not so good side - the little 'coffee shop' closed mid-afternoon. It was possible to get coffee in the bar and still use the tables in the coffee shop but that seemed a rather surprising arrangement for a hotel classified as 4.5 star. I had an early start on both mornings and so just wanted coffee and toast. This isn't served in the breakfast room for some reason so I was directed back to the little coffee shop which opens before 7 a.m. I must say that the person who serves in the coffee shop at the weekend was really pleasant and helpful. Definitely - very good.

A couple of comments about the room - the towels had a greyish tinge - and the sheet on the duvet was just folded over (and so came off in the night). Minor points maybe - but still all part of the general impression.

Room Tip: We were on the 13th floor - it was quiet and the view was pretty good. The room was near the lift - but that wasn't a problem.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We think the hotel is well located too but I would like to apologise that you were sent to Espresso Bar for coffee and toast in the morning. This is not normal procedure and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our food and beverage team. I will also pass your comments regarding the linen onto our housekeeping team for follow-up.

It is through feedback such as yours, that we can improve our service and standards to meet our guests needs.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Had a great time at this hotel.. my only thought would be that its nots really a 5 star hotel.. id say more of a 4-4.5 star hotel
still had a great time.. we got a free upgrade to a balcony room and a free bottle of wine on arrival.. it was a great rest away from the teenage children, even if it only was one night .

Room Tip: the balcony room with a view to the old church across the way... any other room has views to the office buildings,which isnt stated when booking
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. I hope you enjoyed your upgrade and complimentary bottle of wine.

We are grateful to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife and i traveled to Brisbane for a friends 50 th Birthday were only there for 4 days so wanted a hotel close to the city centre for shopping and restaurants the Sebel is perfect for this close to all amenities including the rail link direct from the Airport . The room was fine for a quick stay as we only slept there and were out most during the day My wife shopping and me carrying the bags the river was great with cafes and walks and the Market on Sunday were we met friends for lunch. We were out to dinner most nights but had dinner in at the restaurant one night the meal was very basic for the money we paid . had breakfast in the restaurant every morning all good . We must have arrived on the only weekend that had rain as it set in and we had showers most days we were there but all an all we had a great stay and a great 4 days in Brisbane

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are grateful for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. It’s good to know the hotel met your locality needs and hope you enjoyed your friends 50th.

It is great to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I ended up staying here courtesy of Virgin Blue when connecting flights failed to connect and I had to spend an unexpected night in Brisbane. Virgin (I assume) has an arrangement with the hotel and when I checked in all had been organised - accommodation paid for and a voucher for meals etc.

Hotel well located in city centre. Staff on the check in were courteous and efficient. Room was small, but well appointed and clean. Good minibar and well stocked bathroom - I'm not a big fan of the soap dispensers on the wall - so good to get 'proper' toiletries.

Didn't have dinner at the hotel, but breakfast was good and staff in the restaurant were chatty and friendly - even at 6 am!

All in all a pleasant stay, even though not planned. Credit to Virgin for dealing so smoothly with the disrupted flight passengers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We are grateful for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. It is good to hear that everything was organised for your arrival and the staff were friendly and chatty – even at 6am in the morning!

It is always fantastic to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.