2,102 results
All reviewsthe executive loungekg barbalcony roomroom servicecity hallaccor membervalet parkingqueen street mallreception areacentral locationan upgradecomfortable roomsrooftop poolbuffet breakfastpublic transportwould stay againbusiness trip
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I ended up staying here courtesy of Virgin Blue when connecting flights failed to connect and I had to spend an unexpected night in Brisbane. Virgin (I assume) has an arrangement with the hotel and when I checked in all had been organised - accommodation paid for and a voucher for meals etc.

Hotel well located in city centre. Staff on the check in were courteous and efficient. Room was small, but well appointed and clean. Good minibar and well stocked bathroom - I'm not a big fan of the soap dispensers on the wall - so good to get 'proper' toiletries.

Didn't have dinner at the hotel, but breakfast was good and staff in the restaurant were chatty and friendly - even at 6 am!

All in all a pleasant stay, even though not planned. Credit to Virgin for dealing so smoothly with the disrupted flight passengers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are grateful for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. It is good to hear that everything was organised for your arrival and the staff were friendly and chatty – even at 6am in the morning!

It is always fantastic to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Excellent value for money
Very centrally located on King George Square and witin walking distance of everything!
Our room was directly opposite Town Hall clock and we didn't hear a thing!
Room nice size, wonderfully comfy bed, pillows etc... with excellent area for business (we were there for play though :))
Staff very friendly, helpful & knowledgable. Check in & out were both quick and seemless.
Reception, foyers, bar, lifts... all modern & spotless
Roomservice was some of the best I've come across (we shared the sandwich)
Pool area was a little rundown but it is the middle of winter so perhaps it will be better in summer.
Would I stay again? ABSOLUTELY!

Room Tip: Indulgent for the price; Such a treat
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. It is nice to read you thought the hotel was excellent and I am glad the staff were friendly and helpful to you.

It is always wonderful to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This complex has two hotels in two different buildings, joined together, one reception and restaurant for both. I have stayed in the Sebel rooms before and they are excellent. This time I was booked into the Citigate rooms, which although are good, are not to the same standard as the Sebel. My company rate was $215 night , parking and breakfast extra. This seems expensive compared, to say the Crown Plaza in Melbourne which has better rooms but $20 cheaper. The room is clean, but smallish, bed excellent. Room service dinner was fast and no complaints on the quality of a club sandwich. Breakfast buffet is expansive and all fresh and hot - no complaints.Overall a good hotel ,but the sister Sebel has the better rooms, but are dearer again.

Room Tip: Choose the Sebel rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. We are delighted that you enjoy our Sebel rooms along with room service and breakfast in Bistro Allure.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

The hotel provided a very suitable "executive" suite and services for my business stay and was well maintained and QUIET! Thankyou for that. With a large conference on there (not mine) this was a pleasant surprise and teh "quick checkout" option essential and very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. I’m glad the hotel and room met your business needs and the quick checkout was helpful to you.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We got into Brisbane by skytrain and walked to the hotel within 15 mins so no need for taxis. It is in an excellent location in the CBD and we walked to the river, museums, art gallery, Roma St Park, Queen St Mall...all easy walks! We took the bus to Chermside shopping centre, also easy as bus station is across the road from hotel.
The concierge Kieron was really helpful and a good laugh too.
Our shower flooded and it was fixed quickly while we were out for the day.
We would definitely stay there if we go back to Brisbane.

Room Tip: Go to wotif.au to get a good price. We probably wouldn't have stayed there as I think it is really expensive normally.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. I’m glad the location met your needs along with the assistance from Kieron and that the shower was fixed quickly for you by our engineering team.

It is always wonderful to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team especially Keiron.