2,102 results
All reviewsthe executive loungekg barbalcony roomroom servicecity hallaccor membervalet parkingqueen street mallreception areacentral locationan upgradecomfortable roomsrooftop poolbuffet breakfastpublic transportwould stay againbusiness trip
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The hotel provided a very suitable "executive" suite and services for my business stay and was well maintained and QUIET! Thankyou for that. With a large conference on there (not mine) this was a pleasant surprise and teh "quick checkout" option essential and very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. I’m glad the hotel and room met your business needs and the quick checkout was helpful to you.

It is always wonderful to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We got into Brisbane by skytrain and walked to the hotel within 15 mins so no need for taxis. It is in an excellent location in the CBD and we walked to the river, museums, art gallery, Roma St Park, Queen St Mall...all easy walks! We took the bus to Chermside shopping centre, also easy as bus station is across the road from hotel.
The concierge Kieron was really helpful and a good laugh too.
Our shower flooded and it was fixed quickly while we were out for the day.
We would definitely stay there if we go back to Brisbane.

Room Tip: Go to wotif.au to get a good price. We probably wouldn't have stayed there as I think it is really expensive normally.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. I’m glad the location met your needs along with the assistance from Kieron and that the shower was fixed quickly for you by our engineering team.

It is always wonderful to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team especially Keiron.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you like to sleep I would never recommend this hotel. My wife slept with a pillow over her head all night. I paid almost $300/night and hardly slept a wink. My advice is stay somewhere else. I had the worst night's sleep I have ever had in a hotel room. Never again

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Peter L
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

I’m sorry to hear you had a noisy room and concerned that neither you nor your wife had a good nights sleep. We hope to welcome you back in the near future and ensure we allocate you a different room. Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guests needs.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed for two nights recently, good location, decent room. Check in was a nightmare as the reception could not find my booking, and then I was sent to a room which already has 2 colleagues in. It was sorted out eventually after we came back from dinner. The concierge was professional though.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Its an old hotel that has had a recent face-lift - but only partially (carpet, bedding, etc). Doors, floor foyer, ceiling (yes you look up when you lie in bed), lighting, cupboard fittings, were still from the 80s.

Disappointing as that was, it was the cleaning and upkeep of the toilet that really made this place miserable (last performed in the 80s perhaps?)

I'd strongly advise business/corporate travelers to stay away from this place. It doesn't inspire.

See photos and you'll know why.

Room Tip: Don't have the $30 breakfast buffett when you are 5 mins away from the main shopping strip in Brisbane.
1  Thank clackers2000
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

It is disappointing to us that the cleaning of your room and toilet was not good. This is certainly not normal for our hotel and your comments have been passed onto our housekeeping department for follow up.

We would also like to let you know that the hotel will be going through a refurbishment towards the end of the year/early next year, which are all looking forward too. Again thank you for your feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.