2,104 results
All reviewsthe executive loungekg barbalcony roomroom servicecity hallaccor membervalet parkingqueen street mallcentral locationreception areaan upgradecomfortable roomsrooftop barbuffet breakfastpublic transportwould stay againbusiness trip
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We got into Brisbane by skytrain and walked to the hotel within 15 mins so no need for taxis. It is in an excellent location in the CBD and we walked to the river, museums, art gallery, Roma St Park, Queen St Mall...all easy walks! We took the bus to Chermside shopping centre, also easy as bus station is across the road from hotel.
The concierge Kieron was really helpful and a good laugh too.
Our shower flooded and it was fixed quickly while we were out for the day.
We would definitely stay there if we go back to Brisbane.

Room Tip: Go to wotif.au to get a good price. We probably wouldn't have stayed there as I think it is really expensive normally.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Sebel & Citigate King George Square Brisbane. I’m glad the location met your needs along with the assistance from Kieron and that the shower was fixed quickly for you by our engineering team.

It is always wonderful to receive positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team especially Keiron.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you like to sleep I would never recommend this hotel. My wife slept with a pillow over her head all night. I paid almost $300/night and hardly slept a wink. My advice is stay somewhere else. I had the worst night's sleep I have ever had in a hotel room. Never again

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Peter L
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

I’m sorry to hear you had a noisy room and concerned that neither you nor your wife had a good nights sleep. We hope to welcome you back in the near future and ensure we allocate you a different room. Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guests needs.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed for two nights recently, good location, decent room. Check in was a nightmare as the reception could not find my booking, and then I was sent to a room which already has 2 colleagues in. It was sorted out eventually after we came back from dinner. The concierge was professional though.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Its an old hotel that has had a recent face-lift - but only partially (carpet, bedding, etc). Doors, floor foyer, ceiling (yes you look up when you lie in bed), lighting, cupboard fittings, were still from the 80s.

Disappointing as that was, it was the cleaning and upkeep of the toilet that really made this place miserable (last performed in the 80s perhaps?)

I'd strongly advise business/corporate travelers to stay away from this place. It doesn't inspire.

See photos and you'll know why.

Room Tip: Don't have the $30 breakfast buffett when you are 5 mins away from the main shopping strip in Brisbane.
1  Thank clackers2000
Grant P, General Manager at Pullman Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

It is disappointing to us that the cleaning of your room and toilet was not good. This is certainly not normal for our hotel and your comments have been passed onto our housekeeping department for follow up.

We would also like to let you know that the hotel will be going through a refurbishment towards the end of the year/early next year, which are all looking forward too. Again thank you for your feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was staying for the week for work, overall my experience was good, couple of niggles but as a business hotel it was good.

Check-in: Good and efficient, helpful with luggage (I had quite a bit)
The room: Decent sized for what I expected, mostly just used it for sleeping and watching a bit of TV so was a good fit. Bathroom had some mould on the roof, wasn't a lot and housekeeping did sort it out once brought to attention.
Room Service: Had once during my week there, ordered around 11am, was delivered within 25 minutes (they had given ETA of 30 minutes), food was of good quality.
Restaurant (Bistro Allure): Ate breakfast a couple of times, nothing to write home about and overpriced but good variety. Had dinner twice, completely different experiences. First night there had Pumpkin soup and the Winter warmer Beef cheeks, which was amazing and tender, good craft beer and wine list. Second time, entrée was good (beef tempura) but fettuccine with vegetables took over an hour to come out and was bland and undercooked.
Location: Nice and centrally located, 2 minutes walk to Queen St Mall, easy to get taxis, trains, buses etc..

Overall as a place that my work paid for I was happy, but if I was staying in Brisbane for leisure there are better places available.

Room Tip: Dont bother with Breakfast at hotel, nicer and cheaper places in Queens St Mall and King George Square.

Dear Guest,

I’m glad the hotel and room met your business and location needs. However it is disappointing to us that the service and quality you received for your meal did not meet your expectations.

Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously. It is through such feedback, that we can improve our service to meet our guests needs. I will ensure your comments are passed onto our kitchen and food and beverage teams.