“Very comfortable hotel ...”

Pullman Brisbane King George Square
Ranked #42 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Australia
“Very comfortable hotel ...”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Good sized room, comfortable bed and very reasonably priced parking. Just don't count on the bed configuration of your choice :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We bought a Wotif Mystery Hotel and landed the Sebel. Except for the check in guy who totally disregarded our requests, the room was very good. Nice size, well made very comfortable bed and room service breakfast was prompt ( and still hot). Parking was $ 30 which is a good deal for overnight in Brisbane.

Room Tip: Be sure you are staying in the Sebel tower, not the Citigate. Ask for a high floor.
Brisbane
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We saw a weekend special advertised for $199 including the upgrade to the tower (it was an extra $40) and decided to book as we were going to the airport early the next day.
The rate included parking and also buffet breakfast for two.
Unfortunately we left at 6.00am which was too early for breakfast as it started at 6.30am which I thought was too late.
The parking was good.
The room was old fashioned and not very exciting - not worth the money at all.
There was no information in the room about the restaurants or anything like that - no complimentary notepad and pens - nothing to make it feel special.
Upon check out the Manager tried to charge us for the parking as he did not know that there was a package advertised.
And he never asked us did we have a good stay - just a couple of words that are a necessary thing.
I would think that there are better places to stay in Brisbane city.
Next time we will be trying to the Meriton as we have found their accommodation in Sydney to be excellent and never disappointed as we definitely were with the Sebel & Citigate,

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
4 Thank MaggieBrisbane
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed for a night in early June. Good location, helpful staff but nothing overly special. Had the breakfast which was good. Mirvac have their fingers in a number of 'pies'. Some things they do well and others not so well. Maybe they should stick to shopping centres!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Nsw Sth Coast, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Went to Brisbane for a short break, 4 nights. Booked Sebel King George because of location & we like to stay in nice hotels. Booked a balcony room as the photos showed the lovely view overlooking King George Square. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, no problem, we went for a walk. They rang to offer us an upgrade, to a balcony room?? We told them that's what we'd paid for & went back. Our room was on the bottom floor with the balcony overlooking an ugly internal, office block type courtyard with a slight view of a crane on an adjacent worksite. The room was reasonable although not 5 star. We asked if there was a possibility of moving to a balcony room with a view as we were staying 4 nights. We were told they'd see what they could do & that's the last we heard from any staff member. Very, very disappointed with the room, it's not surprising they offer it as an 'upgrade', you wouldn't pay the extra money if you knew unless you are a smoker I guess. The rubbish was not removed from our room until day 3 when we decided we needed to leave a note to ask that it be removed. The Concierge however, was wonderful.

Room Tip: The pool is through a maze of corridors & a number of lifts to the rooftop of another building...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I booked this hotel because location suited better than the Novotel where I normally stay.
I booked it as an Accor member.
On arrival I was not registered on the hotels booking list.
I showed my Accor printed booking & they said, oh, you booked with Accor!!
The said the room rate was wrong but decided to honour it.
They said that my Accor member privelages would not be recognised (my sole reason for becoming an Accor member)
I have just renewed my membership at whatever cost & now I get another email from you (seperately) inviting me to "join now, it's free"
Needless to say I am really peed off with Accor at the moment.
I dined & had drinks at the restaurant, room service & 2 nights accommodation all without Accor recognition.
I live in Cairns & dont get the opportunity to travel very often, so An accor membership is attractive for the occasions that I do.
Had I known the Sebel was not honouring your privelages I would have stayed at the Novotel where I could have stayed within my budget.
I was & remain totally dissappointed.

1 Thank greenslopes
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this property, and it represents wonderful value in an excellent location. The rooms are well maintained and the beds offer great comfort and a good night's sleep. I would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business