“In the city great atmosphere”

Pullman Brisbane King George Square
Ranked #47 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Rooms small and a little tired. Air conditioning needs to be updated to multi directional rather than blowing on my head. Can't fault the location and the best Bircher Meusli in the world. Staff very helpful especially Stuart on concierge

• Stayed: May 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,967)

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Decided to go all out on our yearly trip. Just also happened to be my birthday. So we blew our weekly wage on our first fancy hotel. The rooms where wonderful beautiful decor very clean and crisp. Not the best view but that can't be helped when your right in the middle of the city. Breakfast was the best range and service I have ever had before. All the hot food was still hot. . .buffet i find usually has this problem. We also ordered room service which was prompt and yummy. Car parking was nice and fuss free. Complete down fall of the whole experience the spa bath didn't work. Told the front desk and I don't think they could have given a . . .they where still happy to charge us full price. We booked a spa room, if the spa doesn't work it just becomes a room with an over sized bath. My ever handy partner did take something apart to fix it. Considering on the tap hangs a sign saying this spa has been cleaned and flushed for your hygiene. . Well the amount of hair and what looked like a whole shredded towel I think this little sign lies. He did make the spa work the day we where checking out. . . Considering nobody was sent up to look at it like they said they would. I was completely put off by this spa rooms will never be booked again I don't fancy bathing in someone else's . . Whatever you could call that vile pile of shredded stuff. So he put the spa back together and when it was brought up at bill time it was pretty much to bad your car is out the front waiting goodbye. Nice. So if pay for a carrot you get a carrot if you pay for a spa room you should get a "working" clean spa that's my opinion anyway.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tinny404
Reviewed April 22, 2012

If you are in Brisbane for business (or you are just after a reliable hotel that is centrally located), this is a great place to stay. It is a large hotel (consisting of two towers) and the location is very central to Brisbane's CBD and to many restaurants, and is good value for what you get. The rooms and beds are comfortable and vey clean - quite luxurious without being over the top. The bistro style hotel restaurant makes a good breakfast and dinner (not cheap but again good value if you don't want to eat outside the hotel). Check in is quick and efficient and staff are helpful. The bar in the hotel lobby is also very convenient and a friendly environment to meet colleagues or friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The Sebel King George Square in Brisbane was a great place for me to stay for 3 nights. It has a fantastic location close to the centre of the CBD, and was a breeze to get to from the airport. I arrived at about 0730hrs, after doing the red-eye flight from WA, and didn't think I would have a chance of getting my room early, but after speaking with the reception girl (Tamara??), nothing was a hassle, and as my room was ready, I was allowed to head up there and have a quick sleep before my days outing.For me it was a great start to my holiday.
The room was spacious, and had a nice view over King George Square, and was well equipped with everything I needed. Curtains were heavy and kept the room dark during sun rise.(Another + for me).
Below are several restaurants and bars, which seemed busy although I did not use them.
There is a taxi rank outside the hotel, which makes catching cabs very convenient.
The Sebel's location was an added bonus for me, as it was a short stroll into the Queen street mall. Southbank was also a close walk (10 mins) where there is ample eateries and entertainment.
The concierge staff were very helpful and very knowledgeable about Brisbane.
Getting here from the airport was a breeze. I jumped on the AirTrain for about $15 and got off at Central Station, walked one block and was basically there. It was so easy.
All in all, it was a very pleasant stay for me at the Sebel, and I would not hesitate to stay there again, or recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ekidna6
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Check in and concierge service excellent. Room very comfy with king bed, study area, table and chair. Room service very polite and prompt, food nice but a little expensive for quite small portion. Excellent position. Walking distance to everything in city area, central and Roma St station, and suncorp stadium. On site cafe and bar very nice to come home to. Buffet breakfast very nice. Have stayed previously for on site conference. Facilities on that occasion were excellent.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2012

All the things you expect, but nothing especially to recommend it.

The rooms are a good size, the beds relatively comfortable, reception middle of the road, facilitys were as expected and the breakfast was not a good as can be expected from a 4/5 star place.

The location is good and it was easy to get taxis.

Would stay here again, but would try to find something better for this type of money.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed here when heading through Brisbane on our way further west to visit family. After a less than great flight from Sydney with our infant daughter, and a power outage at Brisbane airport causing chaos with trying to pick up the rental car, we arrived at the hotel tired and stressed. The check-in staff were friendly and efficient and our room was ready and the cot was already there.
When we asked about access to a microwave so we could sterilise bottles for the baby they said to give them a call when we needed them done and they would arrange it for us!
The room was spacious, clean and modern. The shower in the bathroom was good, although the curtain did not do a great job of keeping the water off of the floor.
The concierge when we checked out the following morning was fantastic, providing us with directions and maps to help us get out of the city and on our way west.
We are relocation to Brisbane currently, but would not hesitate to recommend the Sebel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family