“A great find”

Pullman Brisbane King George Square
Ranked #47 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed August 28, 2011

This is a very good hotel in a very handy location. Staff were great, rooms spacious, beds very comfortable. Price was very reasonable for the standard provided. Will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010
Write a ReviewReviews (1,932)

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Excellent location in central Brisbane. Room facing inner courtyard was quieter than expected given location. Only ate with the breakfast in the moring; standard buffet breakfast seem to get at most4-5 star hotels now. Very reasonably priced for location.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Great location.....that is the only good thing about it though. Over priced, noisy, disinterested staff. I have stayed in many hotels/resorts all around Australia as well as overseas and this is the worst place I have ever stayed. Would not advise anyone to choose to stay here unless they totally make some changes

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Sebel last weekend. From the moment we pulled up in the car, to the time we left we felt like we were treated like royalty. My husband has a broken leg, and the attention we were given was top class. Even though we only had small bags and I said I could manage them, they still took them to our room. The room was very well maintained and really clean. The reason I mention this was because or last stay in Brisbane at The Oaks Felix was a disaster. We were given four rooms, all of which were dirty, so to not have to worry about anything was a pleasure. We went to the resturant for dinner and also breakfast. Both occasions were top class. Food was fabulous, as were the staff. We can't wait to return to Brisbane for another stay at The sebel, and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. Paul and Cindy Beszant

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cindy b
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed here in August 2010 as part of a business trip . A conference I was to attend was in the hotel and there was a package.

Great location, and ambience until I got to my room. Very dark and drab looking. Light switches very hard to operate and when lit up it was like been inside a cocktail cabinet. Couldn't fault linen or comfort and cleaniness but got impression of an older place much in need of revamp and the wood panelling and spotlighting were a bit of a patch up. Or at least I hoped they were.

Following my stay I replied to their follow up email and let them know my impressions. Surprisingly received a well penned reply.

In March had to make flying visit to Brisbane and with little notice opted to stay here again thinking its only for one night and location is all. This time my room was on the other side in the other newer section of the hotel and it was fabulous. Light , airy spacious room. no confusing hotel light switches.

Staff remained helpful and very eager to please . The moral, ask for room in the new wing it makes all the difference. My rating is based solely on my second visit.

another tip, breakfast at cafe across the road good food great people watching

Room Tip: ask for the new wing
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This was my second stay here. The hotel has some nice points; great reception service and a great lobby. The rooms however are getting tired. That said they are large, clean, functional and well maintained. All in all the hotel is good value. This was a business trip but last time was pleasure.

My only real disappointment was the restaurant. The food for a vegetarian was very limited - one choice. A table nearby left when they could not get a reasonable steak! So, no great veg or meat! The restaurant is nicely done but the service patchy. The seafood looked the best choice.

The adjacent bar was great for a pre dinner drink too....

I chose to have breakfast at a nearby cafe and this turned out well.

Good value at a (reasonable) price! I'd return again... at a reasonable price!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank wing6rider-Australia
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed at this 'secret hotel', which we have done many times in the past. It was a quick visit and the room was very nice as ususal. I always stay at this hotel and it seems to be the secret hotel on WotIf.com. We did not have time to go to the resturant this time but have been there many times in the past and it was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family