“Decent Piña Colada, Passable Food”

Fiesta Ole Brisbane
Ranked #2,541 of 4,731 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2014

First thing first: this ain't Mexican. Don't get me wrong, the food was okay, it's just. Not. Mexican. My husband ordered the chicken fajita, which came out sizzling and looked great. There was no punch to the taste, though; in fact, the chicken just tasted like chicken, very bland. I was super sad to see the cheese, which I think was Tasty cheese. Where's the cotija?? I ordered the bean soft tacos. The beans were cold, but the proportion was nice.

The best thing ordered was the piña colada. For me, there was ample alcohol, and the price was very reasonable.

1  Thank JenJennyJenJen

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We are visiting Brisbane for the weekend and we stumbled across this restaurant- the food was reasonable but the music was dreadful. The musician was too loud - so much so that we were unable to talk. I would not recommend this restaurant

1  Thank annabelth
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We literally stumbled across this Mexican Restaurant, we were looking at getting out of the cold and pictured an umbrella on the side of the street which drew our attention to the restaurant which is situated down stairs. The restaurant is very clean. It must get very busy and it had in excess of 7 staff waiting the floors, and we were the only 2 that was their for lunch mid-week. I presume that with the number of staff a booking would probably be needed for night-time. The complimentary corn chips & salsa was immediately served. We both ordered the burrito and found it very nice. It had a great mixture of black beans. The serving was large for me with a small side dish of coleslaw. I wouldn't recommend ordering a coffee as it was dreadful, but the meal was great and will venture back when next in town. The price was reasonable considering the size. The music was great, even though recorded, but they obviously have live-bands as it was fully equipped to stage a band.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Ate here recently with my family. We were felt the food was just average and nothing special given the prices. Had far better Mexican food elsewhere in Brisbane. Including my kitchen.

2  Thank Jenko77
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We (2 adults 2 kids) were staying nearby and stumbled across this gem of a Mexican Restaurant. It was a fairly busy Friday night but the service was great - friendly & quick. Complimentary corn chips were served immediately and were delicious. Kids ordered beef nachos from the kids menu and they loved it. The meal was huge - best value kids meal I've seen in a long time. Hubby and I both ordered beef fajitas and enjoyed our meal. To us the meals were a more authentic Mexican with awesome flavour. Everything seemed fresh & the staff seemed to take pride in their meals. Prices were very reasonable and we'll definitely eat here again!

2  Thank Blueysmrs