“Nice place to stay”

Kingsford Riverside Inn
Ranked #111 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My sister and I stayed here for two nights while in Brisbane. The hotel is a really good value with the included parking and breakfast. The shared bathrooms are kept very clean as well as the rooms. The owner/manager was very friendly and helpful when we had a few questions. It's not right in the city, but we enjoyed the walk down to the ferry dock and the ride into town on the CityCat. We had an early morning flight so being so closely located to the airport was a huge plus for us. Would definitely consider staying here again if in Brisbane.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank nickelp03
Charles D, Owner at Kingsford Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you Nickelp03, it really is a nice part of Brisbane here, convenient to everywhere, and we even enjoy the view ourselves! Glad you enjoyed your stay,

There are newer reviews for Kingsford Riverside Inn

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed here as a group the evening before we set sail on a cruise. The location of the Motel is superb for this specific purpose. But aside from this - it was extremely easy to get into the City with a bus stop across the road. We caught the citycat back to the Motel and had a fantastic tour of the Brisbane River.
The rooms themselves are very basic, but the beds are comfortable and the included continental breakfast was fantastic! The Owner was a delightful gentleman who was extremely helpful to our many questions!! We would definitely use this motel again if we return to Brisbane!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mel_Cat75

Hello Melissa, I remember you well!
Thank you for such a nice report!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed three nights in a family room. The owner was fantastic so helpful and kind which made our stay so much more relaxed. As my partner and I both regularly work in brisbane we have had many experiences with budget accommodation and the kingsford riverside inn is definitely the best. The free continental brekky was a great money saver & the view was priceless. The room was exactly as described, although we had no balcony the windows kept the room surprising fresh and cool. And at night with them shut I could not hear any outside traffic. The room was more spacious then I thought, and the beds were so comfortable. The shared facilities were always spotless and smelt of cleaning products.
We loved our stay and would really like to thank the owner for his kindness and generosity, he always ensured we were well accommodated.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Danikkae
Charles D, Owner at Kingsford Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments Danikkae. Any of our staff would have been the same - we're always conscious that people are away from their home support and it's really our pleasure to make our guests as comfortable as possible. Looking forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed here based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and on what seemed a reasonable price. This place isn't the Ritz, but it is clean and the staff very helpful. Breakfast was included but is no more than a choice of cereals, some bread and a toaster and some hot and cold drinks. If you're looking for somewhere to put your head down for the night if you're passing through, then this hotel is fine. For travellers looking to explore Brisbane the location isn't that great - buses are infrequent and while the ferry (15 minute walk in the wrong direction) is a pleasant trip, it's not convenient if you're in a hurry. If I were to visit Brisbane again I'd look to stay closer to the CBD - pretty much essential if you want to take part in any tours since most appear to pick up in and around Central Station. I'm not knocking the hotel though - as I said it was clean and served a purpose.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Hungry_Hippo_UK
Charles D, Owner at Kingsford Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Hello H-H, Thank you for your review!

I hope you didn't miss out on breakfast - it's usually toast, marmalade etc, cheese slices, fruit juice, Tea & Coffee, cereals and fruit salad..

On weekdays the buses run to and from the City Centre about every 15 to 20 minutes. Frequent for Brisbane but sadly inadequate if you're used to the services in London!
If you were here on a weekend, intervals are much longer on Saturdays and Sundays.

However, the City Cat tends to keep to its 20/30 minute intervals, and it is only a 10 minute walk down to Brett's Wharf. However you can actually catch the 300 bus from the front door to Bretts Wharf and the bus ticket is valid on the ferry at no extra cost.

There is a twice daily Brisbane River cruise which picks up at Newstead Park, which is only a couple of hundred metres away. Breakfast Creek Hotel is their lunch stop, you go with them to the City then they deliver you back to the Park on their afternoon run.
Try us again - just let us know what you need and we'll know what to do!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great budget place to stay, 2nd time I've stayed their, very clean, great helpful staff. Breakfast of cereal, toast jam, fruit juice and tea/coffee included in rate. Free wifi, tea coffee biscuits in room, also plasma tv and fridge. Outstanding value. Shared bathroom but they were very clean and well managed one for males, one for females on each floor. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the rear away from road
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you Gus. It's just great to get a review from someone who has his feet on the ground and thank you for taking the time to put fingers to the keyboard... Regards,

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Our flight got cancelled and we needed accommodation late for a 3.30am return trip to the airport. Followed the taxi drivers suggestion: "this place always has vacancies". Now we know why. I will say the man at front desk was helpful. We were able to store some of our luggage in the garage, so that was great. The room was a different story. My kids (12 and 9) were shocked by the poor standards and I was certainly surprised to pay $120 for a tiny 1960's room with a communal shower and toilet down the hall. Everything is extremely dated and I can't imagine it would pass a hospitality industry quality assessment. We just lay on the beds in our clothes counting down to leave again for the airport. My kids got some sleep despite the street noise so that was good. Places like this have a role to play for sure but definitely not at $120. I don't mind a property being milked for profit without investment but I do mind to pay over the odds for something I would never stay at had I only known. Avoid.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Christoph D

Thank you for your frank review, which I think might have been different if you had any experience of running a small business in Australia, particularly in a Capital City.

What a dream it would be to sit back and just rake in the money but life isn't like that that! In the past year alone we have spent $100,000 on sound reducing and other improvements and we never stop working to make the hotel more comfortable for our guests.

We ARE a budget hotel our prices are modest for such a premium position, and we have stood the test of time. For years we have provided good value for money and still managed to provide Free wifi, free breakfast, free parking, and rooms with a balcony, plasma TV, fridge and tea and coffee facilities. Our rooms all have state of the art hot/cold split system air conditioners and noise reducing windows & ranch sliders. There is a guest kitchen available 24 hours and a lounge room with free tea and coffee on the top floor with a great view of the River.

We’re always striving to do better. If you have any suggestions as to how we may provide a better service at less cost, I would be happy to hear your constructive advice.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at the Kingsford Riverside Inn as I required budget accommodation close to the airport. Staff were friendly and helpful; there was parking for my car; the room was clean (shared communal bathroom); and the breakfast ( cereal, toast, juice and coffee) was fine. I would stay here again if looking for similar.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Hello David, Thank you for your very practical review, and we hope we'll see you again, Regards,