Kingsford Riverside Inn
$161
$152
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$88
$71
  • Pool
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$118
$92
Orbitz.com
$125
$106
  • Breakfast included
Aabon Apartments & Motel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$73
$57
$79
$75
  • Pool
All reviewspet friendly roommain roadair conbrisbane riveran easy walkpleasant stayone night staypetsairportcerealmotelcitysinkqueensland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at Kingsford Riverside Inn for 2 nights with my son and grandson. The room was very clean and there was no problem with the shared bathroom and toilet, it was also clean and never occupied when I went there. The staff were friendly and helpful. The wi fi didn't work in my room but if I needed to check e-mails I went a few metres towards the front of the motel and it worked fine. Breakfast was available from 5am which is great when you have an early morning flight. The location is great, close to the city and the airport. The bus to the city is across the road and when you come back you get dropped right outside the motel. The first night was quite noisy because of heavy traffic outside but my next night was fine.I would not hesitate to stay again when I'm in Brisbane.

Room Tip: Wi fi does not work to rooms right at the back of the building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Grant G
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I find it hard to believe that all these reviews below, are genuine. Did nobody notice how loud the traffic is? I had to stuff tissue paper in my ears, and even that wasn't enough to block out the traffic noise. There is a very flimsy glass door separating the room from the road, and it doesn't block out any noise at all.
The curtain across the door, doesn't close properly, so light floods into the room all night long.
When you book the room, make sure you read the section (wherever it is!!) that says NO ENSUITES in ROOMS !! There is ONE ladies and ONE mens shower on the ground floor. There is nowhere to place your toiletries bag, except on the floor. The shower has NO water pressure, so forget about washing your hair.
The service seemed good, but most things, including breakfast, are self-service, so there is no interaction with staff except during check-in.
The beds were comfortable and warm, though the bedspread was stained. Yuck!

Room Tip: NOT near the road. With an ensuite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank flaming_lamborghini
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My bulldog and I LOVE this hotel. The staff are so friendly and so nice. The room was basic, but then I was staying with my dog. We had our own entrance so we didn't bother any other guests. The location was terrific for taking walks. I also found it very convenient to get to my business appointments each day.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Angel A
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had a middle of the night stopover in Brisbane so I was looking for a budget hotel for a few hours. My room was basic but clean and had a communal shower. Precisely what I was after. But where the owners really excelled was their service.
I had somehow managed to note the wrong hotel details and was left stranded in some random hotel's reception by the taxi driver. Once I'd explained my predicament, Charles, the owner, hopped in his car and came out to rescue me. He also promptly mailed my credit card to me when I left that behind.
I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Carolyn P
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Adequate location, clean rooms. Free parking was the main reason for choosing this location. The motel is minutes' bus ride from the centre.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo