Oaks 212 Margaret
The Sebel Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
Mantra on Queen(Brisbane)
$128
$113
  • Restaurant
Watermark Hotel Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$117
$77
$149
$144
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Oaks Charlotte Towers(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$103
Hotwire.com
$80
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsbotanical gardensmargaret streetgreat locationbuilding workthe rivergood sizemaster bedroombig balconyhigh floorbbq areafull kitchenapartment was cleanper daythese apartmentswithin easy walking distancequeen streetkangaroo point
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Travelled down from Townsville recently to stay for the week on a holiday with my partner. First impressions of the place were good however the reception staff weren't overly professional and seemed a little clueless at times. The room itself was very spacious and well layed out. Had a good view but a lot depends on which rooms you get. The kitchen was well equiped and also a fully euiped laundry was present which came in handy. The bed was very comfortable after a few long days of walking. The locality is good, close to the city and southbank. I would recommend walking through the botanical gardens as well. A couple of negatives did come up, room service didn't give us toilet paper and a few other things we needed to go down to reception to get. Also a lift a broke down and was down for a couple of days and still down on the day we left. Made for some very uncomfortable and squishy lift rides, as well as being stranded for 15 minutes at one point waiting for one. Not much the hotal can do I guess but it was very inconvient. Overal it was a good stay and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DCamp90
HotelManagerMargaret, General Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear DCamp90,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our convenient location and wonderful view from our River View Apartments. I apologise for the issues you mentioned and these will be addressed with the persons involved. Unfortunately we did experience a technical fault with one elevator and for obvious safety reasons, was put out of use for repair for 2 days.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back to Oaks 212 Margaret in the future.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed there for one night recently. Upon arrival the front desk tried telling me I had already checked in when I was well aware I hadnt. She then proceeded to whisper to other staff right in front of me about my booking as if I shouldn't know what was happening. Later on that evening security decided to let themselves into our room without warning or a simple phone call. Overall not impressed, won't be staying there again.

Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank fidnick13
HotelManagerMargaret, Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear fidnick13, I apologise for the mix up on your arrival, the staff member was merely clarifying what the other staff member what had happened with your reservation. I am sorry security entered your room in response to noise complaints, but we have strict after 10pm noise restrictions so not to disturb other guests and residents.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was thre for work and had a 2 bedroom which was good for just sleeping at. Okay location for a quick walk to the resturants and bars in Brisbane. Hotel is located in the quiter side of Brisbane CBD which made it great for a quite wake up
over all hotel was okay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David N

Dear David N, thank you for taking the time to review Oaks 212 Margaret . I agree that we are in a convenient location in the CBD. I hope to welcome you back again in the furure.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Oaks hotel is a block away from the National Botanical garden!how great can that be! checked into a 1 bedroom apartment similar to a "townhouse",fully equipped kitchen and dishwasher,washing machine and tumble dryer. Linen is crisp and fluffy towels. 2 Plasma TV and office space. Negative side is the non supply of shower gel. Breakfast is not included and there is a coffee shop on the premises and lots others around the corner. I Checked previous reviews that were helpful and I was awaken by loud construction noise from nearby at abot 6 am whilst catching on sleep from jet lag!Central location and value for money,will come again. Ps hotel lobby is not manned after 10 pm,ensure you have cellular access you receive a note at door to call to access the key,sadly I had to incur international cell charges.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HotelManagerMargaret, Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Koki80,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your lovely feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. I apologise the nearby construction caused you some disruption however this is not within the hotel’s control. Our Reception hours are 6am-10pm daily and we do have an onsite caretaker outside of these hours and procedures are in place to assist with after-hour arrivals. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to welcome you back to Oaks 212 Margaret in the near future.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The location was great for us, only a few blocks from everything and close to Riverside. Some of the things in the rooms need replacing - chipped plates. lights not working etc. Comfy bed, great balcony and we got upgraded to a higher room. Construction going on but only noisy on balcony so not a problem. Lots of kitchen utensils, good size fridge freezer, dishwasher.
Staff were fantastic and so helpful. Really great!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda H
HotelManagerMargaret, Manager at Oaks 212 Margaret, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear Linda H

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are delighted to hear you found our location convenient and that the apartment had comfortable features and adequate amenities. I apologise for the chipped plates and lights, and will have our Housekeeping and Maintenance team do a full audit to ensure issues like these are rectified immediately. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.