Firstly, the room I had a Oaks 212 Margaret was nice - spacious with a comfortable bed. The building is located beautifully just a block from the botanic gardens and right next to the heart of the CBD, so that's awesome.
When you check into a hotel after midnight, tired after getting off a late flight, the last thing you want to see when you look out the window is a building site. Sure enough, at 7am the hammering and drilling started right outside my window and there was no way I was sleeping.
Now, was it Oak's fault that there were building works going on nearby? No, of course not.
But was it their fault not to make a note of it on the booking site in the room description, and in the printed check in information? Yes. That's poor form. It is completely unfair to let people book in when it is clear that their sleep could be impacted.
It also bugs me when you check out of a place and the staff don't bother to ask 'How was your stay?' as happened here. Perhaps they just don't want to know?
So my review is mixed - great room/location, poor attention to customer experience. If you're going to book into this property anytime soon after my review, I recommend you call to make sure you don't get put in a room facing the adjacent building site. You'll need to call because Oaks certainly won't be telling you in advance otherwise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks 212 Margaret offers a range of luxurious one and two bedroom self contained apartments with air conditioning in the lounge and fully equipped kitchen and laundry facilities. There is also a luxury two storey four-bedroom penthouse which boasts the pinnacle of facilities, services and uninterrupted views. The hotel also has an out door heated pool and gym. It is the perfect base from which to enjoy everything Brisbane has to offer. Cool café precincts and fine dining, theatres, nightclubs, busy streets and leafy corners. Enjoying breathtaking river, city and parkland views, 212 Margaret is just an easy stroll from the financial, commercial and shopping heart with its great restaurants and entertainment venues. Excellent access to public transport makes getting around a breeze.Adjacent to the Botanical Gardens, overlooking the Brisbane River, and yet only minutes from the CBD, Oaks 212 Margaret is a logical choice for you to explore Brisbane's historic centre, entertainment options or when visiting for a conference or event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oaks 212 Margaret reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks 212 Margaret Brisbane
- Oaks 212 Margaret Hotel Brisbane