“Terrific Location and Views”
Review of Oaks Felix

Oaks Felix
Ranked #60 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Terrific Location and Views”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I love Oaks Hotels. Whenever I travel to Brisbane there is nowhere else I will stay. Great rooms, balconies, views, on site parking and very friendly and affordable. I have never been in the least bit disappointed with Oaks until it comes time to leave. Oaks Casino Towers is no different.

Room Tip: I've always stayed above the 20th floor and have no problems
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
OaksFelix, Front Office Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Jody P,

Thank you for the positive feedback and commendation for Oaks Hotels & Resorts. It is great to hear that you enjoy your stays with us. Looking forward to welcoming you back in one of our Oaks properties.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I booked 2 rooms for my groomsmen and myself pre wedding night, we had stunning views of the city skyline and story bridge. Our bathroom had been freshly grouted and siliconed and looked fresh and clean. Stuart and Karen on check in were bubbly and helpful. Pool and spa areas were a great way to relax before a huge day. Thanks team

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank KereNic1
OaksFelix, Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Oaks Felix. I will pass on your feed back to our maintenance man who is doing a fantastic job with the bathroom refurbishment to freshen them up.
Karen and Stuart are pleased to be acknowledged for their efforts, they are very customer focused and strive for 100% guest satisfaction.
The team at Oaks Felix appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you again.
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed on 30th floor. The balcony had fantastic views of the city and at a stretch I could see the river.

But it was not all romantic and as lovely as the view, a quick overview:

- Shower had mould all around the edges;
- bathroom generally unclean;
- The kitchen cutlery and drinking glasses were dirty and smelt;
- Check-in and check-out was not efficient. Staff were not professional; it took more than 20 mins to check-in with the paperwork being finalised in my room;
- Parking spot allocated was taken, I had to wait and ring reception to be let into parking area and to leave I had to get out of the car walk over press a button and then hope back into the car;
- King size bed was not even as made up from two single beds and very hard;
- Additional $$ for parking that were not advertised;
- High deposit and I was told it would take up to a week for it to be refunded to my bank;
- Tv did not work;
- Lift was broken;

Didn't look like any of the picture displayed on the website. Highly over priced for the quality and experienced I received.

I would not recommend Oaks to anyone planning to stay in Bisbane.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Danielle06600
OaksFelix, Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Danielle, thank-you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at Oaks on Felix. I was disappointed and concerned to hear that your stay was an unpleasant experience.
The staff member that checked you in is currently training and is new to her role, I apologise for the delay and appreciate your feedback. I’m positive as time goes on she will be just as fast and efficient as our other staff members.
Your comments serve as an invaluable source of information that will ensure we continue to improve our operation and service standards. While I am unable to alter matters of the past, we take your comments seriously and sincerely regret any upset caused to you during your stay. Please contact myself directly to rebook at Oaks Felix, my team and I will ensure your stay is pleasant and enjoyable like the experience of so many of our regular guests.
Beaulieu, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Best of the Oaks in Brisbane. Cleaner, quieter and less youingsters around, but further from the Mall and the Casino. Will stay here in future. Restaurant next door serves good steak and a wide choice of breakfasts.

Room Tip: River views available if that floats your boat.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
OaksFelix, Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at Oaks Felix.
We are centrally located in the heart of Brisbane’s business precinct, opposite the Brisbane River with loads of trendy bars and restaurants to choose from within walking distance. I will pass on your positive feedback to the Spring restaurant team that Oaks Felix have charge back facilities for. Be sure to try our new B&B package next time you book, this is available on the Oaks website, www.oakshotelsresorts.com.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed at Oaks on Felix for Riverfire night just this weekend past. Management were able to accommodate our booking very last minute, which was very appreciated. We have a 2 bedroom Riverfront apartment with amazing views of the story bridge so were immediately very impressed.

The apartment size was fantastic, but there were a few negatives which will prevent me staying there again. Firstly, the beds were just awful. Its two days later and my back is still in pain from that nights sleep! Hard as a rock. Secondly, we booked the two bedroom apartment for 5 people, but were given only 2 double beds. A trundle for the 5th person would have been appreciated. There is also no air conditioning in the bedrooms and the sofa in the lounge room is also uncomfortable.

I was planning on booking several rooms at Oaks on Felix to accommodate my family and friends for my upcoming wedding, however will not be doing so, just for the fact of the beds. I got very little sleep and could not imagine having to spend the night before my wedding so uncomfortable like that!

It is a real shame, everything else is just about spot on but for my needs it didn't suit. I would recommend Oaks on Felix for a group of friends wanting to stay up all night and admire the beautiful view, and not sleep.

Room Tip: Riverview rooms really are worth it. The view is spectacular.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
OaksFelix, Front Office Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hi, and thanks for taking the time out to pass on your feedback. We're very happy to have accommodated you at the last minute for Riverfire, and that the views from the balcony meant you could really soak in the atmosphere of the fireworks.

With regards to your comments about the bedding, we do take these things seriously and will check to ensure that the bedding is still up to standard. However it was explained on booking that we only had space for four people and that we unfortunately had no rollaway, trundle or sofa beds for a fifth person.

We do hope you reconsider your decision not to book with us for your wedding!
Coffs Harbour
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed for one night in a two bedroom apartment. It was a nice apartment. Lounge room was small, but that wasn't a big deal for us. Might be a bit crowded if you had children running around. Good size balcony. Nice furnishings. The bathroom was a bit old and we had a really leaky shower head which made for an unenjoyable shower and water all over the floor. Otherwise very happy with the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello, and thanks for taking the time out to pass on your feedback about your stay. We're glad you liked the apartment and the balconies - we happen to think they're one of our best features as well!

We do take any negative feedback seriously however and would like to know which apartment you were in with the leaky showerhead. If you could please shoot us a quick email to felix@theoaksgroup.com.au we can get maintenance onto it & ensure everything is as it should be!
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This building was designed and built as an apartment building hence why over 50% of units are permanent residents. If you want a full service hotel which includes room service, friendly staff and valet parking stay at a hotel. If you are a business traveler or long term guest that is after a convenient, safe, quality apartment with a sensational view and the finest quality dining options on your door step then you are in luck.

Room Tip: Stay in a 2 bedroom apartment on the left front hand side of the building, there are 3 apartments pe...
Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Adz05
Hello, and thanks for taking the time out to pass on your review. We're glad you enjoy staying with us and look forward to your next visit!