“OK,”

Ranked #56 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Canberra, Australia
“OK,”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I booked this Oaks on Felix for a weekend trip to Brisbane, the reviews looked OK, and it fitted within my budget, I called the front desk at about 7pm as we didn't get to the hotel until late, to confirm that we were still able to check in late, and that parking had been arranged, as I had booked through a third party and ticked for parking, however it was not outlined in the third party booking that parking needed to be prebooked, parking was $25/night pretty standard, luckily I was able to get parking. The parking set up is very ordinary, you need to call through to the front desk, to have them open the gate & when you want to get out, you have to exit your car & press the button on the wall, you would think maybe there could be a pin pad entry system, I would certainly get frustrated if I had to wait for someone to answer the telephone. The room was ok looking, however as previously mentioned there is nothing in the room explaining how things work TV, dishwasher etc so it was a bit of a guessing game, all hotels & apartments that I have stayed in have had these basic features & also TV guides for Foxtel, this was not available. The first morning my husband went down to use the gym & pool, he mentioned the facilities were ok, hwoever when I rang reception to organise another towel for him to shower with the young lady informed me that if I wanted another towel I would need to pay $2.50 as they do not supply pool towels,a dn they advise guests to use the dryer to dry a towel, now if this is because of conserving water etc, bit silly, I seed it as being extremely wasteful turning on a dryer for only one towel, she did offer for us to get an extra towel on this one occasion, but I felt this was a huge inconvenience for her. When arrived back that afternoon, I noticed that we had an extra towel in our room.

The room was relatively clean however the bathroom had alot of mould & mildew stains and grim & muck in the drain, a good dose of exit mould & a steam cleaner would have cleaned most of that up very quickly. The rest of the room was very tidy & clean

On a positive note it was very convenient to shops and getting in & out of Brisbane, however in the future I would just up my budget and stay elsewhere, I was not at all impressed

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksFelix, General Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I would like to thank you for the constructive feedback you have offered pertaining to your recent stay here at Oaks on Felix.

Firstly, I would like to establish what 3rd party website you booked the reservation with as all car parking needs to be booked direct with the hotel either by phone, email or by requesting using the allcoated section in the booking form. I apologise this was not done for you in the first instance but would like to check that the correct information is being received at our end from the 3rd party. If you could take the time to advise management it would be greatly appreciated.

Your feedback regarding the car park access and appliance instructions have been taken onboard and considerations are being looked into already for the convenience of all guests. The staff though are more than happy to personally assist any guest in a timely manner in these areas as this is always our focus.

We hope to have you stay with us again in the future and once again, we thank you for your considered opinions on the property.

Regards, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Thai first
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We arrived from the UK into Brisbane, and had booked a room in Oaks on Felix as it looked like a good, convenient place to relax after a long flight and do a little bit of Brisbane exploring (we had our eye on the Botanic Gardens, which is a quick 5-10 minute walk away). We were very happy with the room (high up in the building, can't remember exactly which floor, but in the double digits), it was quiet, clean and had a very comfortable bed.
The lap pool was also a great feature, and the gym looked very nice too, with a view of the city.
I would recommend Oaks on Felix for anyone looking for a convenient, clean and quiet place to stay, and we also had a lovely breakfast and tasty coffee in one of the (many) nearby cafés. There is also underground parking, which we needed, but in my opinion it would make sense for that to be free of charge.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Siri S
OaksFelix, General Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Many thanks for your positive comments about your recent experience here at Oaks on Felix. We hope your enjoyed the rest of your time in Brisbane and Australia and your feedback is appreciated as always. Regards, Hotel Manger.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed in the Oaks Felix for 2 weeks as part of a work relocation. As such, I can't comment on the value for money, as my accomodations were paid for.

The location of the hotel is brilliant - it's literally a 2 minute walk to the Eagle Street Pier where there are tons of restaurants and pubs, and the Eagle Street ferry terminal (where you can catch the paid cross-river ferries or the free City Hopper ferries). Also a 5 minute walk from the botanical gardens, which are gorgeous and definitely worth visiting. There are lots of restaurants nearby and you're only a 10 minute walk from the Queen Street Mall (and if you like sushi, there's an LR Sushi shop located right next to the hotel that makes amazing sushi rolls for $2/each! Typically only open for the lunch rush, though).

The front desk was always friendly and polite, and while I had no interaction with the housekeeping staff, the room was always well cleaned and very tidy. I had a one-bedroom suite with a kitchenette. The unit was well stocked and served me perfectly well. Great balcony with amazing river views, definintely a bonus if you can get one.

All in all, a great experience. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a river-facing room if you can; be aware that not all rooms include AC in the bedroom.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
OaksFelix, General Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thanks for the feedback and I hope your relocation to Brisbane is an enjoyable one.
Caloundra, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Read terms and conditions...we were caught out with $150 security fee...which after 3 days we haven't had back yet. Also as there were NO instruction manuals in appartments we had to get help with using the TV and DVD....even the staff member had hard time getting them to work...and the oven!! NO in room info about anything!! And note car parking cost and that car parking space is tight! On a positive note it was clean and comfy and close to river and easy stroll to Southbank. Not sure I would stay again...would have liked it if a bit more user firendly. No AC in bedroom we had...just fans. (7th floor)

Room Tip: You have to ask for river view but that varies and of course not always possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We apprecite your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Charges are certainly not intenitonally hidden and parking is not advertised as being complimentary. I apologise if this was not visible enough via your booking channel but onsite parking is $25.00 per night and subject to availability.

Pre-authorisations of $150 are also required for each guest upon arrival as a security bond for the booking and this is not a charge but merely a hold on funds via your bank. This is oputlined in any confirmation provied at the time of booking. Should no charges be incurred during the stay, this is released back to the cardholder and if this was not explained properly to you during your stay I am sincerely sorry. If you would like to contact the property direct so we can locate your booking, we can contact your bank to ensure these are released as a priority.

I am glad to hear you found the location and cleanliness to your liking and once again, thank you for your feedback.

Brisbane, Queensland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed here for just over a week in a one bedroom apartment.

This end of the city is great if you're after something a little bit quieter. Things such as the Ferry terminal and decent places to eat/drink are still close by, but it's not quite as chaotic as the rest of the city.

The Room was very comfortable and the kitchen well equipped compared to some out there

Ask for a room with a river view, The story bridge look's great when lit up!

As with most hotels in Australia, internet access is stupidly expensive!

Room Tip: Go for one with a river view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
OaksFelix, Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thanks for your comments on your stay with us here at Oaks on Felix. I am pleased to hear that your found our self contained apartments well equipped for your convenience and you managed to secure a room overlooking the magnificent Storey Bridge. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Oaks on Felix in the near future.

Crespano del Grappa, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Oaks on Felix in January 2013 for a one night's stay. Our one bedroom apartment was located on the 39th floor and had incredible views of the city and botanical gardens below. The apartment looked like the perfect place to stay if you intended to be in Brisbane for a couple of days, being completely self-sufficient it included a kitchen, dishwasher, air-conditioning, large plasma TV, washing machine and dryer. The apartment was clean, affordable, and a comfortable size for 2 people (coming from Europe this always takes me by surprise) I should mention there's a great pub nearby that do wonderful meals (Belgian Beer Cafe) and the central train station is roughly a 15 minute walk away.

The only negative issues I had with the hotel was the air-conditioning and the staff. In the bedroom they had a ceiling fan as the air-conditioning didn't reach the bedroom, of course this is normally fine, but not when visiting Brisbane in the middle of summer! Checking into the hotel I found the lady very rude and unfriendly, and wasn't the nicest impression when I first arrived. Apart from that I would be quite happy to stay here again if I were to stay in Brisbane a little longer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksFelix, Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Glad to hear you enjoyed both the location and view from your unit. It sounds as though you were fortunate to be upgraded to a 1 Bedroom executive unit with a view of Brisbane River. To guarantee this on your next stay, you can book this style of unit so you dont miss out. Look forward to seeing you again when next in Brisbane. Regards, Hotel Manager
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We made a late Internet booking, requesting a one bedroom, quiet apartment on the upper floors, view of the river if possible. We received a 2 bedroom upgrade, 24th floor with a superb river view. The unit was very clean, well furnished with a well stocked (utensils) kitchen. Individual air conditioners in both bedrooms as well as the living area. The location couldn't be better. The accomodation was extremely comfortable and really contributed to making our holiday a great one.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksFelix, Manager at Oaks Felix, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Glad to hear we were able to honour your request in this instance and you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay. See you again soon at Oaks on Felix, Hotel Manager