“Adequate for Emergency Stay”

Airway Motel Brisbane
Ranked #93 of 160 Hotels in Brisbane
Luganville, Vanuatu
“Adequate for Emergency Stay”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This was a last minute booking when I realized I had no way to catch a bus, train or shuttle out of the Brisbane airport on the night of a holiday weekend. I neglected to write down the address, and the cab driver did not know the location. He did find it after driving around in circles a bit. It cost me seven dollars more than the $25 average. None of the local hotels seemed to be all that close to the airport.

It is a good thing that I did have a booking number. The desk clerk could not find my booking until I dug the number out. The room was spacious with a good bed. The bathroom sink drained slowly and had standing water most of the time. The shower looked clean but smelled a bit like a locker room. The fridge and microwave and tea-making facilities were all good. It was one of the cheaper options in the area. It was adequate for an emergency stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This motel is about a $25 trip in a taxi from Brisbane airport.
Motels, like everywhere else, get more expensive the closer you get to the airport.
The rooms are dated but always clean and tidy
Carpet looked new and the towels were fresh and fluffy.
Trains frighten the hell out of you but they stop running about 8pm.
The pool always looks inviting but im normaly to tired to bother.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Had booked in for two nights, when we got there took shoes off carpet was very stained and sticky to walk on. Room was of a very poor standard, chipboard from cupboard on carpet. left straight away and booked in somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank veronica h

Travelers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Following a great week in Broadbeach, we didnt expect much, but were shocked at the low standard of the room we had. There appeared to be a nice new accomodation block opposite the pool, but as we only stayed for one night I guess they throught the old block would be fine. The room was small with two single beds. It reminded us of the 70's with its short orange curtains. We were on the ground floor so noise from other guests arriving at all hours kept us awake, as did the fridge and trains. But on a positive note, it's handy to the railway station and there's a good club across the road which offers great value food and drinks. We won't be staying again, we saw other motels in the same area which looked a lot better.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank happycouple111
Brisbane
Reviewed September 25, 2011

What a fantastic motel, spotlessly clean, the friendliest and most helpful staff. Perfect for a one night stop-over, my family and I were so comfortable and wouldn't stay at any other airport motel. We have stayed in a queen bed room in the back section, and a queen+single bed room in the front section and were happy in both and slept well. We walked over to the local bowls club for a bistro dinner and had a lovely meal. If you want a 5 star hotel with all the pompous trimmings, then this place is definitely not for you, but if you want a quiet, clean, comfortable stay, then this place is for you!! Thank you Shauna, we will be back!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank pg1418
Broome, Australia
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed here one night before flying out of Brisbane. Very handy to train station just across the road, so I was able to go into town for a few hours I had spare in the afternoon. Be aware it is not a main terminal so the trains only run every hour. I arrived early and as my room was ready, they allowed me to check in straight away, which was very convenient, I found staff most helpful. The room is clean with everything I needed for the one night, taxi ride to airport about $25 the next morning.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank broomekim
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Traveled to Brisbane for business for 2 nights. Due to work location I looked at the Ascot area to avoid the drive all the way to the city. I chose Airway based on the reviews here and the price relative to the competition.

Friendly staff, off street parking and good location for those doing business in the airport area. A number of night time food options via short 5 min drive to Racecourse road or the local bowling club which is about 2 mins walk.

Inside and outside, the rooms are an interesting juxtaposition of exactly what you might imagine a 50 something year old motel to look like, but with decent carpet, a lick of paint, new bathroom and a flat screen tv. Furniture is dated, but personally i would rather find my room to have a nice bathroom over a new desk. Room was clean and quite large with plenty of work space. Bed was a full size queen and was comfy, mattress was neither soft nor hard.

I would agree with the other reviews posted here but can't comment on the traffic noise as I arrived back late each night. However, i did find the trains were a little noisy first thing in the morning and as late as 12.00am as the motel is directly across the road from a train line. The pool filter box made a lot of gurgling sounds all night long (my room was right next to pool) but I always travel with earplugs for such issues, so not a big deal for myself and would not prevent me from staying again.

All in all, given prices in Brisbane this place is good value and very acceptable, i would recommend it if you are a looking for no-frills accom for a stopover / work trip and you have no particular desire to be in the city/valley area every night. If you are looking for a place to sleep in or for long hours i might suggest elsewhere if noise is going to be an issue for you.

Room Tip: No internet connection available, bring your 3G!!