All reviews sydney street fortitude valley shared bathroom queenslander house other guests dorm room single traveller ceiling fan tea and coffee facilities minute walk mini fridge city hopper restaurants and cafes stay there again the river home away from home hostel
Reviewed June 30, 2017

This accommodation is situated in New Farm which has lots of nice cafes and a few top restaurants but is also walkable distance from the bars and nightlife of Fortitude Valley.

They have a kitchen, a great outdoor area with a pool and the showers are spacious and everything is cleaned daily.

Ann the owner is extremely helpful and all the other guests I met here were lovely people who after five minutes of meeting invited me out for the evening. I have heard this place called a hostel for grown ups and I think that is probably correct because the mix of people can vary but they all seem to be mature minded.

I loved my time in Brisbane and it wouldn't have been the same without the warmth and friendliness of Bowen Terrace!

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
BowenTerrace, Owner at Bowen Terrace Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2017

Good morning,
Wow....thank you so much for such a great review. We definitely try extremely hard to make sure our guests do feel most welcome and enjoy the calm atmosphere of our house. Just so glad you enjoyed our city. It is really beautiful in most parts. Take care on your travels and we hope to see you again another time.
Warm regards

Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

The staff were excellent. The room was clean and comfy. It is very well located in the New Farm area and very reasonably priced. Only issue was that there was no way to block out street noise. It sounded like the windows weren't even closed though they were. Would recommend for a one or two night stay.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
BowenTerrace, Manager at Bowen Terrace Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Hi Sian,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. Much appreciated. We hope to see you another time.

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

really lovely place to stay in brisbane. the owner and staff are great snd helpful, the area lovely and you feel like being at home at the beautyful queenslander house. close to the center, you can even walk along the river. clean and tidy.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
BowenTerrace, Manager at Bowen Terrace Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2017

Hello Marna,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Welcome back anytime.

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

This isn't your average hostel. The family room is great when travelling with kids. It's clean, well looked after, other guests quiet and the whole place grand. Just a ten-minute bus drive from the CBD. And when little ones go to bed, you can enjoy a cool drink on the terrace.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
BowenTerrace, Owner at Bowen Terrace Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2017

Hello Danielle
Thank you for those great comments. Very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Maybe we will see you another time.
Warm regards
Ann

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Do not stay here. Save yourself some money and trouble and stay elsewhere. My room was clean and overall the space was clean but not the kind of place to meet people. Pretty poor location, the staff weren't very pleasant or helpful. I had a 4 bed mixed dorm and only one other roommate at first, and he was an employee I later found out, and he immediately complained to the receptionist in front of me about me being in the room because that was "his" room. He also stole money from me. I met one nice person during my 4 nights (it was a long 4 nights) the others were scummy. My favourite part about staying here was leaving.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank KatieFromCanadia
BowenTerrace, Owner at Bowen Terrace Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2017

Hello Katie,
To say I am horrified to read your comments on a website such as Trip Advisor is an understatement as I have absolutely no record of your having stayed at Bowen Terrace Accommodation. Additionally as the Manager/Owner here (reception) I do not have any memory of a conversation such as you mentioned nor would it have been the case that any staff member would think a room was 'his' if staying in the dorm (which they don't). Also for the past 2 months our dorm has been full most nights with males and females. I would consider our guests to not be termed as 'scummy', as well most people are more than sociable during the visitation. With regards our location, we are just 15 minutes walk to the CBD - also a bus stop just across the street should you not wish to walk in the city and the ferry 3 streets down.
Anybody reading this will hopefully see you have reviewed the wrong place !!