Bowen Terrace International Accommodation
Ranked #82 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed August 8, 2012

i had a fantastic experience staying at the bowen terrace, i arrived just before 7pm tired from a long flight to find my room number posted on the wall so i could go straight in and make myself comfortable. the shared facilities are very clean and was so surprised to see the bathroom cleaned every morning before i showered. bowen terrace is close to many small bars and a beautiful French patisserie down the road. i suggest hiring a bike and having a ride around the streets as its a beautiful neighbourhood.

thank you for a lovely stay and will be back again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Bowen Terrace International Accommodation

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Clean, well supplied, pleasant helpful staff. Bad luck for us for two nights a really heavy snorer must have had his bed head next to ours separated only by the wall. It didnt ruin the stay: you just have to take some unexpected lumps. I'd stay again - probably will.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Bowen Terrace. We found the location to be in easy walking distance to groceries, restaurants and the CBD. The neighborhood was lovely and we enjoyed walking around. The facilities at Bowen were nice for a small family. The common area and the kitchen allowed one of us to get up and get breakfast with our daughter while the other slept in. This is also close to a City Cat ferry stop so it is easy to walk to the ferry to see the city that way. The facility seemed quite clean to me and the staff friendly and helpful. We also had the very first room as you come in the building and other than hearing some street noise, we were not disturbed by sound from the front office. Be aware the walls are thin so you will hear some noise from other guest and the street. Also, it was cool when we stayed and the rooms do not have individual climate control. However, plenty of blankets were provided so we were quite cosy to sleep. I would stay here again and recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank barbpetro
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This place has good facilities, is kept nice and clean, and has a friendly and helpful caretaker. Best of all is the location. New Farm is a very attractive inner-city suburb with many great restaurants and cafes. The city centre, Fortitude Valley, and New Farm park are all within comfortable walking distance. Public transport is also easy to access and there is free on-street parking available. Just be aware that, like most wooden buildings of this vintage in Brisbane, there is poor noise insulation, so if you need quite to sleep, bring some ear plugs. Good value for those on a budget. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Kane S
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed here while working on the edge of the Brisbane CBD (10 minute walk down the river away). I travel on business, but I like to watch my expenses. For double room (admittedly with a shared bathroom) I was happy with the price I paid. I like to self cater so there was a good shared kitchen available. My only complaint was the noise from the nearby road at night. Would probably have been better on the other side of the property. The building is a lovely heritage property and is a welcome change from hotels for me.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Located in New Farm, which is about a 20 min walk to China Town (Fortitude Valley) or a 30 minute walk to the CBD. You can also catch a bus to the city (a bus stop is just about 100 meters from the reception) but I prefer walking because I just love the view of the Brisbane CBD/Story Bridge.

I had a Queen room and it was spacious. Inside the room there was a free standing metal wardrobe, a container of cups/plates, a fan on the ceiling, a small TV which only had 2 channels, a dressing table and a small fridge. The ensuite bathroom was facing the street so I didn't feel comfortable opening the blinds. There is a big brown stain on my blanket but that didn't bother me. Even though I knew I was in a safe neighbourhood, I found it a bit annoying with the door lock - it just didn't seem very secure to me. The walls were thin. I could hear a lot of people walking/talking (I am actually a little deaf so listen to the deaf guy). The free complimentary internet was only available for 2 hours or 200 Megabites per day, which wasn't enough for me so I ended up paying for more data online. The staff were very helpful and friendly but the reception area closes fairly early every day. I didn't need to use the shared shower/bathroom, but it looked rather private and clean.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Bowen Terrace. Would I stay there again? Mmmmmm... it was just a little pricy otherwise I would.

1  Thank janda0808
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Nice little place. A little bit out of town if you really want to be close to the shops etc, but an authentic old Queensland property. Front desk very helpful and rooms homely and well catered. As mentioned in previous reviews this is an old property so occasionally you can hear a little more of the world out there than you would in a high rise place in town. But that's part of it's charm in a way and unless you are a really bad sleeper shouldn't be an issue.

Good shower pressure (something you don't always get in 5 star places!) and local area has some goosd restaurants etc. 10 min walk to Fortitude Valley station which connects to most things.

Well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Worth spending a little more for your own room.