“Fascinating”
Review of Toowong Cemetery

Toowong Cemetery
Ranked #105 of 358 things to do in Brisbane
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This cemetery is fascinating for its historicity. Spend a couple of hours just browsing. Reminds us that we are all too mortal.

There are newer reviews for Toowong Cemetery

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I'm Brisbane born and bred and, sadly, only visited Toowong Cemetery for the first time this year. It's an amazing spot, full of history, wives' tales and a magic view when you reach the top. Don't be freaked out, it's totally worth a visit.

1  Thank 3068Snow
Reviewed January 15, 2013

If this were not a cemetery it would be a great place to just wander. It is so very green. And there is lots of history. Worth a visit if you are a history buff.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Have visited Toowong cemetery many times. You can drive through the entire thing during the day.
As the cemetery is full there are no new plots and a lot of the older graves are falling apart which is a bit of a shame.
Plenty of different sections to walk through and some rather impressive and creative tombstones and statues to look at.
If nobody else is around it's a bit eerie but in the afternoons you can often see people jogging or walking their dog.
The grounds are lovely and grassy with many trees.
Don't go at night because the gates are locked and it's a bit scary. Haha.
Unless you go on one of the ghost tours.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I love cemetries, they are a historian's delight. I have not only gone through this cemetry myself, but I have taken my partner, then my grown child and my grandchildren. I never tire of it, and there is still more to explore !

1  Thank Irene T