Wellington Apartment Hotel
The Sebel Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$124
$99
$117
  • Restaurant
Oaks Charlotte Towers(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$123
Mantra on Queen(Brisbane)
$128
$113
  • Restaurant
Watermark Hotel Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
$117
$133
Travelocity
$80
  • Pool
All reviewsmowbray parkwellington roadrunning routescricket groundcitycat ferrykangaroo pointfull size fridgebottle shopthe riverbrisbane cityplace to stayshort walkfantastic staystayed nightsstaff were friendly and helpfulperfect locationsouth bank
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is our 2nd stay now with Paul and Maria. The road noise was the only noticeable thing this time around as we were in the front room. We had a very private stay but were always looked after in every way whenever we seen staff. The room had everything we needed and was erfect or our needs. We will be returning yet again. Thanks to all ;)

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel has good sized rooms, and is located close to city at ferry . The standard of cleanliness could be improved to truly reflect the rates and standard .It has a good restaurant and bar in the building however the chef does not cook evening meals on Saturday or Sunday , but that's fine as there are hundreds of options around the river or the pub next door.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We needed a central place to stay while in Brisbane, and chose the Wellington Apartment Hotel. What we got was what we saw and read. We had a room to the back. Very helpful staff, and we were able to have an early checkin as we had to go to a funeral. The room was spacious, and everything you could expect.
Easy access to the road tunnels, and the bus routes. Breakfast in the restaurant was quite large!!! Well done

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the back with city views!!
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I feel like we got exactly what was advertised on the website, which was nice. The owner warmly greeted us, gave us directions on how to walk to a good Thai restaurant (which, by the way, was FANTASTIC - right across from the Pineapple Hotel), and the room was spacious. The property is not glitzy, nor is the room, but it is very good value. We especially liked the free WiFi and parking, handy for us because we were at a conference at the nearby Convention Centre.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I've stayed at the Wellington a few times before and, lately, one night a week for the last two weeks - I can't praise them enough. The rooms are modern and clean and have everything you need but what I can't go past is the great service. A couple of weeks ago I was arriving late after a long day. I was annoyed to hear that the restaurant wasn't going to be open when I arrived and on hearing my whining the staff promptly rang me back offering way above and beyond the service I've ever had in a 5 star hotel. They had the chef cook me the best option for a reheatable meal and left it in the fridge so all I had to do when I arrived at 10 was heat up the meal - and it was great! I'm not sure I would have been as nice to a cranky, tired me.

When I stayed a night the following week I got to thank them for their great service and these people all behaved as if It was nothing - I disagree - this is real service and care and all at a cut price. Thanks to all of them again, reception staff, chef - everyone who works there. If I was the boss I'd watch carefully - if I was opening a hotel I'd be head hunting the staff at The Wellington.

Room Tip: Ask for room 20 - overlooking the city skyline while enjoying my dinner on the balcony was wpnderful.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
WellingtonBrisbane, Manager at Wellington Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Susan,
It is wonderful when our extra service is appreciated. All our staff are warm, welcoming and customer service oriented and it's lovely to be rewared with appreciation. Alex, our chef, is certainly cooking fantastic fare and to know you enjoyed your dinner on the balcony with the city lights in your view is using our property in the best possible way. I hope you also enjoyed a wee tipple from the mini-bar with your dinner!