“HOME AWAY FROM HOME”

Ranked #43 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Karachi, Pakistan
“HOME AWAY FROM HOME”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I had an excellent time in this hotel...spacious room with all the amenities...hotel is neat and clean...lobby is a bit small but with free wifi..the best part was smart tv...train station, branded shopping malls, restaurants, pharmacies are just 5 to 7 mins away from hotel by walk...

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
fourpointsbrisbane, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thanks for your feedback following your recent stay. I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Brad Mercer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

This Hotel for is Spectacular room is spacious with nice views, very modern and glamourous, very stylish.. a great place to take a Date to impress.. from arrival was greeted also and given exceptional customer service from a man named Logan. A real asset to the hotel industry. First impressions plus an amazing room gave me urge to write a review. Highly Recommended this hotel if u are in Brisbane. Have stayed at many boutique and exclusive and this is by far exceptional.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for your fantastic review. We were delighted that you had a memorable stay and that the service and facilities exceeded your expectations. I agree that Logan is a great asset to our hotel and I have passed your comments on to him and he joins me in thanking you for your kindness.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The staff were all fantastic, very friendly and professional. The room was lovely and clean and quite generous in size. The only gripe I have is the lack of black out curtains. Our room appeared to have a blind on the top half of the window that did not extend down the length of the window. Maybe it was broken but black out curtains are a must in a hotel. Due to sheer curtains my four year old was awake when the sun cam up. Early rising is not conducive to a relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
fourpointsbrisbane, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thanks for your wonderful comments following your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane. I'm delighted your had an enjoyable stay.

I was disappointed to note the comments regarding the black out blinds. These electric blinds are installed in every guestroom and the control switch is near the bed. Unfortunately you may have overlooked this on this occasion which impacted on your good nights rest.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Peregian Beach, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is still very new, and with that perhaps you get the good and the bad. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable, with great city views. But... My first night room cleaning did not impress, with dirty dishes etc left out, the bed haphazardly made, and supplies not restocked. The breakfast buffet is not good, and the staff were unpleasant and rude - quickly shutting off the coffee machine for cleaning right at 10a and informing me I'd need to pay if I wanted another coffee (this after a $30+ buffet price). The downstairs cafe is frequently understaffed - with very long waits (as I tried in vein again to finally get a coffee). Overall, the hotel is a decent blend of location, quality and price - but customer service leaves a fair bit to be desired (with some notable exceptions where people were indeed helpful and friendly). My hope is things will improve here over time with more focus on the customer and service detail.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank lutenk
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane. We very much appreciate your feedback as it continually allows us the opportunity to review and improve our service and facilities.

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the unsatisfactory aspects you encountered. I was most disturbed to read of the inconsistency and lack of service you have encountered and I certainly agree that this is not the high standard of service that we strive for here at the Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane. Please be assured that your comments have been discussed in detail with those concerned to ensure improvements follow.

We certainly value your patronage and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Brisbane to make up for this less than perfect experience.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We found the rooms very small and were surprised there was two single beds. Must be 30 years since I used one. They have polyester doonas, what for in Brisbane and in an air-conditioned room. To hot with it on and to cold with it off so I did not get much sleep. The bedside control for the room electronics is to bright to sleep facing it. Throw a towel over it.
The chair in the room is for cosmetic purposes only. Why do designers do that? Possibly the most uncomfortable chair I ever experienced in a hotel and no space in the very small room to make any sense having it. We stayed on the Wotif mystery deal and paid $125.00. This is good value , that said I would have been very disappointed to have paid anywhere near the advertised rate. Tea, coffee minibar set up all very groovy and very Sheraton as you expect. Hotel presentation attempts to be playfull and fails miserably, no style at all no glamour and not memorable.Staff pleasant on check in although pushy with sales of add ons. Fair enough when you paid $125 for the room. Housekeepers pay more attention to grout in the bathroom floors especially around the toilets, its looking tired already. There is some street noise cars etc.

Room Tip: avoid the single beds.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
fourpointsbrisbane, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thanks for your constructive feedback following your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane. We certainly appreciate this as it is only through feedback such as yours that changes can be made and improvements follow. It was disappointing to note that we didn't live up to your expectations in a number of areas. We do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Brisbane
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have stayed here before but will never stay again. At check in a pre-auth was taken for two nights plus what I my prepaid accom. I pointed it out to the staff this was wrong and was told they would call the bank and get it fixed. Nothing was done. My room was in a bad state considering how new the hotel is and housekeeping did not replenish amenities in the room. I had to ask for tea bags. They also let the doors slam on my floor as they went in and out constantly for an hour that I had to leave the hotel to get some quite. Considering I was told they would fix the amount they had charged my credit card and nothing was done nor was there any concern for the implications of what this had on my weekend I was very angry. I will not be recommending this or any other affiliated hotel and cancelling my loyalty card.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Josephjames78
fourpointsbrisbane, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Josephjames78

Thanks for your feedback following your recent stay. I was very disappointed to note that unsatisfactory aspects you encountered. It is a standard procedure in hotels is to obtain a security deposit on check in whereby a pre-authorised amount is held to your credit card as a security deposit for any incidentals during your stay. This is released on departure but can normally takes 5-7 days depending on your financial institution. Having said, that please accept my apologies for the frustration this has caused.

I was also disappointed to read your comments regarding the unsatisfactory housekeeping standards you encountered. This is certainly not high standard of service we strive for here at the Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane. Your feedback has been discussed in detail with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure improvements follow.

We certainly value your patronage and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel to make up for this less than perfect experience.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband and I decided on a last minute night away to celebrate my landing a new job I had been going for. We had a lovely welcome and were given a free upgrade and drink vouchers as an acknowledgement of our occasion. Keely on the front desk was fantastic. She made us feel special, she obviously cared about our stay and was extremely professional, yet warm and friendly. The room was spotless and exceedingly comfortable. The complimentary late check out we were given made a huge difference to us. We were very happy with all of the room fittings and amenities. The included breakfast was fantastic! Excellent food and a lovely vibe. The position I had just left was the Guest Services Manager at the 5 star Outrigger in Noosa, so I noticed everything and naturally had very high expectations. They were exceeded in all areas, especially the wonderful service we received from Keely. Thank you for a brilliant stay, we look forward to returning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrml555

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. It's always such a pleasure to receive such positive comments. I agree that Keely is a great asset to our team and I have passed your kind comments along to her and she joins me in thanking you. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to make it special and memorable.

Good luck with the new job and we hope that we have the opportunity to celebrate more special events with you in the future.