“Comfortable, cosy and convenient”

Manor Apartment Hotel
Ranked #18 of 160 Hotels in Brisbane
Hobart, Australia
“Comfortable, cosy and convenient”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive as I selected this hotel ahead of the one that my work had originally recommended based on TripAdvisor reviews. I was not disappointed. The hotel is located a couple of minutes walk from Central train station (I caught the Airtrain from the airport as train travel is a novelty for this Hobart boy). The buidling was deceptive as looked to be only about 10 metres wide but it goes back a long way.
Reception was very helpful and welcoming. I had booked a studio room for one night and found my room on the seventh floor. The room was small but well set out so that no space was wasted. The reclining armchair was a welcome and comfortable addition to the furniture. The room was clean and well appointed. I also found that it was quiet despite its central location.
The hotel was close to many food courts and restaurants, the Queen Street Mall was only a block away and Woolworths was within metres of the front door, so any food, grocery or other such needs could be met quickly.
A continental breakfast was included in the room tariff. There was a good selection of breakfast options available in the restaurant. It seemed that many of the guests were regulars as there was a friendly (almost family) atmosphere evident by the banter between guests and staff.
I have been raving about this hotel to everyone since I returned and am happy to recommend it to others.

2 Thank SeniorHooch
ManorApartments, Owner at Manor Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Guest feedback is invaluable to us.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, many guests do infact return (representing approx. 70% of our total business).
Robert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Centrally located in the Brisbane CBD, right next to the Brisbane GPO this hotel is close to the Queen Street Mall, bus stops, train station and the city shops, pubs and restaurants. The hotel room we stayed in was a studio room which was quite spacious and very clean and modern. The complimentary continental breakfast was very nice. We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Jeff for submitting the review.
The location of The Manor is second to none, most of aur guests are delighted with the proximity of major shops, resy=taunts and transport.
We look forward to accomodationg you again on your next visit to Brisbane
regards
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Manor Apartment Hotel. It has the feel of a small family-run European hotel. Almost like a B&B.
I stayed overnight in a studio room which was comfortable and very clean. There was very little street noise (thanks to double glazing) but the noise from the room next door was quite loud. The noise (just people talking and their TV) kept me awake but did stop around 11.30pm thankfully. As there is no reception after hours there was nothing I could do about the noise (short of knocking on their door myself, which I didn't want to do).
That was the only negative of my stay. The staff were very helpful, the breakfast was good (and lovely that it was included in the price) but it was the location that really sold it for me. Convenient to everything - Queen Street Mall, the train to the airport, and my office. There was even a restaurant across the road which did take away thai food.
I would recommend this hotel.

1 Thank LibbyLovestoTravel
Thank you Libby for taking the time to submit your review.
All conmments are most valuable as we strive to improve our service.
We are dissapointed that you had a noise issue, All of our walls and ceilings are fully sound rated and generally noise concernes are minimal. Our night suoervisor is on the premises all night to assist with any issues.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to accommodating you on your next visit
regards
Biloela, Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at Manor Apartment Hotel in June 2013. The room was excellent and the staff most abliging. The location to Queen street Mall and WW Supermarket fulfilled all our dining needs. Also located within easy walking distance to Eagle Street Pier where there are numerous restaurants. I didn't need to use my car for the whole week I was there on business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We are delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us so much.and are encouraged by your comments. We are constantly stiving to improve our service and overall product.
We trust that we can help yopu again on your next visit to Brisbane.
robert
Belo Horizonte- Brazil
Reviewed June 9, 2013

It´s a mix between apartments and hotel.
Central location, downtown,in Quenn St, a closed street fo pedestrians,but not in Manor block,just one block from closed part.
Breakfast includeded, good quality,assorted breads,boliled eggs, cheese,ham,yoghurt,etc.All what you need.
No free internet.
Staff friendly and helpful, but works from 08:00 a.m to 20:00 hs,so limitted time, specially if you have later check-in or earlier check-out, you should notify them .
Big and confortable room.
Manor hotel has strict rules agains noisy guests and they warn.It´s a good example for others hotels.So, quiet nights.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank FRANCISCO7
ManorApartments, Owner at Manor Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are very encouraged by your comments as we continue to improve our service. Our small boutique hotel is perfectly located for a visit to Brisbane.
Busselton, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I recently spent 5 nights in a Studio Room at The Manor in order to attend a conference at the Brisbane Convention Centre and was very happy with my stay. The room was cosy, clean and well appointed and perfect for a solo traveller or couple. Bed was super comfy and I had no issues at all with noise from the city or from other guests. Water pressure in the shower was strong, and water hot. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and ready to greet me every day with a smile and to answer any questions. I felt very safe and comfortable being on my own for the duration of my stay. Breakfast was fairly basic/standard, but enough to get the day started. The location of the Manor is outstanding; a stones throw from the Queen Street Mall and fantastic eating and shopping opportunities. It took me a pleasant 25 minutes to walk (stroll really, as I was taking in the sights) to the Convention Centre each day for my conference. A tip; if travelling from the airport to the Manor, opt for the Airtrain, which would have cost me $15 rather than the $55 I had to pay for a cab! Overall, this was a great place to stay, and more like boutique short stay accommodation than a hotel. Great value for money -Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SouthWestWAFamily
Thank you for your review, as you point out, the location of The Manor is second to none. The feedback from guest reviews is most important to a hospitality business where we constantly set ourselves new goals in customer service. To hear that you enjoyed such a long stay which worked well for you at your conference is very pleasing.
robert
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I visit Brisvegas on a regular basis for business and pleasure and the one constant issue I have is finding quiet and clean accomodation, regardless of star ratings the local hotels just cant get their quality levels right. The Manor apartments has finally changed that. I splurged on a one bedroom apartment from wotif for two nights over my birthday and was pleasantly surprised most of the time. The front desk didnt have a waiting line, the staff were friendly and inquisitive, the lifts were actually quiet and safe looking.

When I got into the apartment itself I was pleased to find that it was reasonably spacious, I could walk through the lounge room rather than around the furniture. The kitchen had most of what I needed including no mini bar and the bathroom was actually clean. Having stayed in many four and five star hotels and repeatedly found disgusting things in the bathroom I cannot tell you what a relief that was. The bedroom was decent sized although I wasnt a fan of the pillows I slept just fine.

The different way that the hotel handles some aspects was interesting, for example I suspect they dont actually have a kitchen on site at all, the room service is taken care of by multiple menus from nearby restaraunts that will deliver to the hotel. Also the included breakfast is mostly cold except for boiled eggs and ham so you can kind of have a hot breakfast but without the huge setup necessary behind the scenes. I did go to breakfast the first day but the room was a little crowded for me and they had the tv on the federal budget which I was trying to ignore for my holiday so I skipped it on day two.

As with any accommodation right in the middle of town there were a fews cons, mostly noise related. I was woken up on day two at 0630 by the beeping noise of a truck reversing. For seven minutes. No chance of going back to sleep after that. Also some crane like noise at night but that settled down by 2000. The only issues I had with the room itself was that the temperature control panel was a bit old and run by a dial control that was very stiff and set on 21 degrees, I had to get a butter knife out to change it. Also there was a four tile panel that had been cut out of the wall almost at ground level near the toilet and then put back in without being properly sealed. That was weird.

Apart from that it was quiet, spacious and confortable. A short walk from my favourite shops.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank RXH2
ManorApartments, Owner at Manor Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I know it's time consuming but believe me most appreciated. In this competitive business we are always looking for feedback and ways to refine and improve our service & hospitality. You comments are noted.