We booked the Mantra as we were celebrating our son's 21st and the location was perfect. When we booked the hotel on line we requested an early check in at 11.30am, so we could organise the final details for the night. On the morning at 9.00am we phoned to check if we were able to check in at 11.30am and were told to ph back at 10.00am. When we phoned at 10.00am we were on hold for 21 minutes before hanging up. At 10.45am we phoned again as we were leaving and hoping that we would be able to get in early, fortunately we were able to speak to Reservations and they confirmed we could get in early (thank-You). When we got there we decided to take advantage of the Valet parking service ($35), but had to get our own trolley and the porter stood on the footpath and watched us unload our car and proceed to push the trolley into the hotel, before he took over and helped. Our 1st impression at Check In was luke warm, but efficent. We had a 1 bedroom apartment on the 7th floor with City views and was very nice. We decided to have lunch in the restaurant and again the service was luke warm (only 2 tables occupied) and slow, when our waitress brought water to our table, she spilled a considerable amount and left us to wipe it up using our napkins. The food was great which we selected from their Tapa's menu. Overall the Hotel suited our needs, provided a better than adequate service (the morning of our check the service was excellent) and we would consider staying there again if we had another reason to stay in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra South Bank is conveniently located on Grey Street, opposite the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre and within walking distance of several major tourist attractions including the Queensland Performing Arts Complex, State Art Gallery, Museum and South Bank Parklands. Public transport, including buses, trains and the famous Brisbane River City-Cats are all within walking distance of Mantra South Bank, ensuring all that Brisbane has on offer is right at your doorstep. The hotel offers a range of accommodation options such as hotel rooms, studios, one and two bedroom apartments. All rooms have been stylishly designed to offer guests maximum comfort and feature air-conditioning, mini-bar, plunger coffee & tea making facilities, direct-dial ISDN telephones, voice-mail, broadband internet access (fees apply), LCD televisions and DVD player, in-house movies and personal in-room safes. All Studio rooms have a kitchenette and all apartments feature a fully equipped kitchen, laundry facilities and private balconies, some with city views. The property offers guests an array of professional services and facilities including a 24 hour reception desk, 24 hour concierge, 24 hour room service, on site Stone Restaurant & Bar, gym, pool and spa. Small conferences for up to 48 delegates can be catered for in 'The Boardroom' or 'Meeting Room' and for larger functions, Stone Restaurant & Bar can cater for up to 150 guests. Combined with the close proximity to Brisbane's major attractions, Mantra South Bank is the ideal choice for business and leisure travellers looking for comfort and convenience. **THIS IS A NON SMOKING HOTEL** Business Facilities Small conferences for up to 48 delegates can be catered for in 'The Boardroom' or 'Meeting Room' and for larger functions, Mantra South Bank's Stone Restaurant & Bar can cater for up to 150 guests. Every guest room has Broadband internet connection and secretarial support can be arranged. Fax and copying services are also available for an additional fee. Check In Instructions: (hours of operation) Check in 1400hrs Check out 1000hrs Check in is from 2pm, if you do arrive earlier we can store your luggage for you. Check out time is 10am. You will be required to leave either a credit card imprint or a $250 refundable security deposit along with photo ID on check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Mantra South Bank, Brisbane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra South Bank Brisbane
- Mantra South Bank Hotel Brisbane