We stayed for 2 nights in a studio room. We paid $159 a night which included breakfast and valet parking.
King bed which was 2 singles put together. The pillows were a bit soft. The room was clean though and had everything we needed. The bathroom was clean with nice toiletries provided.
If you are a light sleeper beware, this hotel is overlooking the train tracks and the trains are loud. Once i was asleep it was fine, but i'm a heavy sleeper. We had to shut the window and you can still hear the trains. Not a problem for me, but if you cant sleep with noise i'd suggest asking for a room on the other side of the hotel.
The location is excellent in the middle of southbank. Short walk to "the beach" area. Walk over the bridge to the city. Lots of cafes, restaurants, entertainement and shopping close by.
We got parking included in our package. It was valet. When you arrive at Grey St there is a sign in front of the hotel saying to park there for the valet parking. Keep an eye out, we missed it the first time and had to go around the block.
It was a just ok buffet. Hot options were eggs, bacon (which was overcooked both days), hashbrowns, tomato, sausages and mushrooms. Then there was yoghurt, cereal and toast, and some pastries. I had the waffles once, they were stale. If it wasnt included i would not have returned the second day for it. If you are paying i'd suggest there are better options elsewhere.
Overall it was a good stay, the location is great, the room is fine but nothing special.
Would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra South Bank is conveniently located on Grey Street, opposite the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre and within walking distance of several major tourist attractions including the Queensland Performing Arts Complex, State Art Gallery, Museum and South Bank Parklands. Public transport, including buses, trains and the famous Brisbane River City-Cats are all within walking distance of Mantra South Bank, ensuring all that Brisbane has on offer is right at your doorstep. The hotel offers a range of accommodation options such as hotel rooms, studios, one and two bedroom apartments. Maintenance notice Mantra South Bank Brisbane will be undergoing maintenance works on the pool and spa from 8 October until 13 November 2017. During this period the pool and spa will be closed, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra South Bank, Brisbane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra South Bank Brisbane
- Mantra South Bank Hotel Brisbane