“convenient, clean, great location”

Mantra South Bank, Brisbane
Ranked #34 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed September 16, 2012

location, location, location. striaght from airport via the train. everything is so easily done. room is excellent and staff is efficient. have stayed there before and I have returned. many places to eat, and walking distance to river, city, art galleries, and train stations.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Leah F, General Manager at Mantra South Bank, Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear fhkfong,

We agree - location, location, location plus great facilities and friendly staff! I think guests are really starting to understand that South Bank is THE place to stay in Brisbane.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us and when you return to Brisbane we will be very happy to look after you again.

Take care and kind regards

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The check in was fast, efficient and extremely polite. The room was as expected, clean and with all the expected facilities. The location was a short walk from the venue where I was attending an event and close to a range of restuarants and the river. Excellent views of the Brisbane City lights in the evening. Another excellent experience.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the river

Dear CraigSandy09,

Wow, what great feedback from your stay with us. I have shared your comments with our team and we're all very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Until then thank you and take care!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The hotel is a modern hotel with some reasonable suites. I was in a suite with a washer and drier, and was quite pleased that they handed out washing powder (i.e. laundry soap) for their washer at the front desk. The service is good, everything works.

The area that the hotel is in is a bit pricey, but is also chock-full of restaurants. In addition to the very nice hotel, you could stay here for a couple of weeks and eat once/restaurant.

It is also close to the water taxi service, there's a bus stop outside, and the airport train is around the corner. Pretty hard to beat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Leah F, General Manager at Mantra South Bank, Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear retired_old_jj

Thank you so much for taking the time to give my team and I your feedback. I can see from your reviews that youre a Top Contributor so it's lovely to know that we're up there with the other hotels you have stayed in during your travels.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again when youre next in Brisbane!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I attended a meeting at the nearby Brisbane Convention Centre and this was the hotel into which the conference booked me. I couldn't have been more pleased. The rooms are large and comfortable. The bath is large and well appointed. I didn't have much interaction with the staff, except at checkin/out, but they were warm, friendly and inviting.

The only problem is that the street side of the hotel on the lower floors can be a bit noisy -- not bad, just present. Should you stay here (and you should), you are within walking distance of numerous shopping and dining options.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Leah F, General Manager at Mantra South Bank, Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear DRWMETMAN,

Thank you for your feedback and we're very pleased that you found our hotel comfortable and our team members warm, friendly and inviting. We place much emphasis on our guest service and our hotel hence it is lovely to receive feedback that mirrors our efforts.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

When I called to check our booking the front desk told me I needed to upgrade as I had my 13 year old son and I needed a roller away. The upgrade plus the rollerway would cost me an extra $120, I asked about the outlook and was told there was no view, I even made the comment that I was being made to pay extra for no view. At no time did the frontdesk tell me we could see train tracks. If she had I would have requested to be moved. They also charged me $35 to park my car!!!!! Who pays for parking at a hotel - this is unheard of.......

The trains DO NOT stop running all night. When the domestic trains stop the freight trains start. ALL NIGHT!!!!!! every 5 minutes, just as you are dropping off to sleep another god damn train rolls by. The worst form of torture is sleep deprivation, Oh my goodness were we a tired grumpy lot the whole of the next day. It totally ruined our Jesery Boys experienence as we were all so tired. I can not believe I paid to be kept awake the whole night. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU ARE AFTER A QUALITY NIGHT SLEEP.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank fuzzball123

Dear Fuzzball123,

My apologies you did not enjoy your stay with us. When you wish to come back and try us out again, please feel free to give me a call directly and we will look after you.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed in this hotel twice on this business trip to Australia and both times it was a very nice experience. They have different kind of rooms and apartments. I stayed in a studio with a small kitchen unit. Really nice design in the rooms, the colors and the fabric and the lighting is tastefull and calming. South Bank is also a good location with lots of nice restaurants just around the corner. Highly recommended if you're going to Brisbane!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Vronge,

Thank you for your recommendation and for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay with us.

We think we're in a fantastic location and that our hotel is modern, tasteful and calming too so we're very happy that you as our guest agree!

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us when youre next in Brisbane. Until then take care.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

A hotel that I drive past frequently turned out to be the perfect location for a night in the city. On checking in, there was an upgrade from a room to a 1 bed apartment.
This is an apartment I could move into!
Buffet breakfast was good value and all in all the staff were helpful and courteous.
Location is key with this hotel.

Room Tip: My room was next to the lift shaft yet it was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Brizwhiz,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your lovely feedback. We're very happy that the hotel you drive past frequently turned out to be us and that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to let us know.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.