“Beautiful”
Review of Locanda Osteria & Bar - CLOSED

Locanda Osteria & Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brisbane, Australia
“Beautiful”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Arrived originally due to rudeness at another Resturant- we knew about it and decided to give it a try.

We arrived to complete warmth by staff. It is a solid menu - decided to go the pork belly expecting half a fork of pork belly- the servings were generous with the waiter matching the wines to both meals perfectly. The food was cooked perfectly and the place had a warmth ( even on this cold night) that makes you want to come back.

Note- the size of the crackle was bigger than my hand.

1 Thank Sam F
Dan C, Owner at Locanda Osteria & Bar, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I'm happy to hear we helped to turned your evening around. There's nothing like a generous serve of porchetta to warm you right up! The crackling with the pork is out of this world... It never fails to be amazing and there is so much of it.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We'll be seeing you again soon I hope!

“Absolutely cracking meals and service”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Friends have been twice already and rave about it, so we joined them for a Saturday lunch. Service was top notch (great to see a combination of food AND wine knowledge).

Entrees were fine (we shared the calamari and meatballs and bread) but they were really outshone by the mains (gnocchi, lasagne tote, kingfish).

Easily amongst the best gnocchi and lasagne we have ever had - outstanding.

We shared the doughnuts which were very nice (our friends noted that some of the serving sizes had been cut back a bit but seemed fine for us).

Pricing very very reasonable for the location and level of service.

Park across the road in the building where Bucci is (up the ramp is a bunch of parks).

Would have been 5/5 if the mains hadn't made us realise the entrees were just OK.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Peter K
Dan C, Owner at Locanda Osteria & Bar, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
The gnocchi is probably my favourite dish on the menu too (apart from the porchetta). Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we love hearing when people have a good time- it's what we're all about.

In regard to parking, make it easier for yourself next time and park at the underground car park on O'Connell Street. It is right next to us and we can validate your parking ticket too. Perfect if you're going to dinner and then a movie.

You'll have to come back and try the vitello tonnato- it's the starter to end all starters! We hope to see you again very soon.
“Great night out”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Came here as a result of a recent recommendation from a friend. Booked a week in advance and was just able to secure a spot. Staff just squeezed me in and I am very grateful. Received a confirmation call on the day which was very organised

Sat outside which was lovely atmosphere. The outdoor heaters were on which made sitting outside comfortable and enjoyable. A good place to have good conversation without yelling over the top of everyone else

Service was great. No complaints

I had the olives and bread to share & the lasagne which was Devine. We also shared a salad with our meals which easily feed the four of us. The donuts were ridiculously delicious and again a very generous serving. Wine was good, had a bottle of red which accompanied our meals perfectly

There are several very well known popular Italian restaurants in close proximity. I would definitely come back here. Good quality, authentic Italian food. Looks like you can also have functions here too

Parking can be a but tricky so leave a few minutes extra for securing a park nearby

Good night out, great meal

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bristraveller3870
Dan C, Owner at Locanda Osteria & Bar, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello and thank you for your wonderful review! The lasagne has proved a bit of a classic since we started the new menu, definitely a must during the colder months. In the future, please note that there is underground on O'Connell Street just next to the M&A Lane. We'll even validate your parking for you! We look forward to seeing you soon. PS: You were right, we do have function space and a variety of menus! Should you be interested email Laura at functions@locandabrisbane.com.
Brisbane
“Finally!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I really enjoyed this restaurant. So far in Brisbane Beccofino has held everyone captive but now there is a serious contender for my top Italian restaurant. Food was superb. Staff were helpful and attentive. Have a look at them on facebook and I strongly encourage you to join them for the 4 pm apperativo they have every afternoon. Their signature wood fired rolled pork belly was insanely good.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Carolyn B
Kat S, Public Relations Manager at Locanda Osteria & Bar, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review, the staff will be so pleased! We're so happy that you had a good time and look forward to seeing you at Aperitivo very soon.
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Winter warmer”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

With the sudden drop in temperature this week, I was thrilled to find this little gem. A cozy inside area in warm colours made me forget the biting wind and the perfectly cooked piece of line caught kingfish was just what the doctor ordered. The weather did give me a legitimate excuse to try one of the desserts on offer with little or no guilt. The bombolini were all my waiter said they'd be, though in a size that made me wish I had a partner in crime. All in all a lovely meal. I will be back to try the new menu when it starts.

1 Thank caffienefiend
Thank you so much for your lovely review. Winter certainly means guilt free bombolinis if you ask us!

You'll be happy to hear that we launch our new menu this evening and there are some real gems in there. The mushroom risotto is what dreams are made of. We very much look forward to seeing you in the near future. Ciao!