“Olde Brisbane”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Olde Brisbane”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Brisbane has a slightly slower pace than Sydney or Melbourne. A bit less brash and certain quiet self confidence. As a schoolboy I walked through Anzac Square every day on the way to Central Station and my train home. Through the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s as Brisbane grew up, Anzac Square remained a constant, a tribute to the fallen in foreign wars. It takes on a special significance on April 25th each year but the rest of the year it stands stoically as a reminder of a Brisbane in more innocent days. The bottle trees are a little bit bigger, oh my goodness they are a slow growing tree, but everything is still the same as I remember it from my youth. Places of remembrance have a quiet, peaceful persona which is a sweet irony given what they are remembering. Visit ANZAC Square and the eternal flame, take a minute to reflect. This is something I never did as a boy, I was always late for my train. But it something that I do now.

Visited December 2013

539 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 348 helpful votes
“A must visit”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Wonderful memorial to the Australians services like all memorials well done only problem I had was I parked around the corner and was away one hour five minutes and it cost me £22 which was the most I have ever paid for parking so take care usual displays well done

Visited September 2013
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Lest we forget”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

ANZAC square is a moving reminder of the sacrifices made by our Australian and New Zealander brothers in arms. It is a shame that Americans pay so little attention to the efforts our allies made around the globe in fights against tyranny.

Visited July 2013
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“respect”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Anzac Square is a beautiful memorial park, for everyone who died and suffered through war. Also for others to pay their respect. It is a good place to sit and appreciate what we have because of these heroes. All in the activities of the busy city -life.

Visited January 2013
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Oasis in the City...”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Besides the memorials and the history those bottle trees are just wonderful and the rime to go is when the crowds are at work .... Just to sit and have a coffee is magic ...

Visited April 2013