“Okay”
Review of Museum of Brisbane

Museum of Brisbane
Ranked #15 of 361 things to do in Brisbane
More attraction details
Owner description: Museum of Brisbane is located on Level 3 of the newly restored Brisbane City Hall. Our story is Brisbane's story - the lives of those who lived here, the events that have shaped our history and the places that we hold dear. As a museum dedicated to the city, we celebrate the people, places and stories of Brisbane. Museum of Brisbane presents these stories through an innovative mix of social history and visual arts. Every exhibition is an opportunity to discover more about ourselves and our city. Our carefully curated events, workshops and tours are designed to help you delve even deeper. We are a space where stories unfold - a place for meaningful dialogue; enjoyable, entertaining experiences; and a place to explore and share in the identity of Brisbane. While the Museum's story is only 10 years old, we are the narrators of a story far older: Brisbane's story.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I will preface my comments with "I am not a Museum person" - as I had time to spare and the Museum was close by I decided to check it out. What I enjoyed the most about my time at this Museum was watching the short movie from some involved with the Expo parade. The movie was imo, interesting and enlightening as to what performers can through to entertain. The rest didn't really interest me but more than likely could interest you.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

A great place to visit for locals and tourists and it's free admission!
We particularly wanted to see the Expo 88 display celebrating 25 years since Expo was held in Brisbane.
We were not disappointed. It was extremely well presented and brought back many happy memories.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great gallery 2 exhibitions. Gorgeous old building architecture. Quirky old world style cafe. Amazing clock tower lift and views.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is a small museum that is free to enter. When we visited it had some good exhibits about Brisbane, the Brisbane River and its history. We were most interested in the old photographs of Brisbane and the river. We did a quick tour of an exhibition focussing on theWorld Expo that Brisbane hosted in 1988. The museum is housed in the Brisbane Town Hall and it is impressive and you can book and do a free tour there as well. You can also go up the clock tower to see the views from high if you book ahead. Its free also!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I took my little bloke there and he loved it. The big hanging whale at the entrance was fun and the huge display case of animals from exotic to Australian was great. He loved the little interactive things that you tap and get a story or make something light up.
Great place for the kids to learn about things other than playstation and TV