“The secret I don't want getting out”
Review of Jak & Hill

Jak & Hill
Ranked #64 of 4,892 Restaurants in Brisbane
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We found this gem about 4 months ago near our work. I now use it for all of my client meetings, over lunch and afternoon tea. They serve breakfast until about 3pm which means so many more dishes to choose from. All the meals I've had there have been wonderful. All time favourite has to be the pulled pork sandwich.
One time had a hiccup with no gas in the kitchen but they still managed to find us something for a late lunch.
This is one of those places that I don't want everyone else finding out about, however I want to make sure the venue knows how much we love eating there.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Lovely fresh offerings at great prices. Ideal for the solo traveller. The staff are very welcoming. The do breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

every about this place is terrific, the opposite of starbucks, excellent coffee and fresh/delcious food,

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Great service, great food, great staff and perfect if your staying at the Punthill Brisbane. Hadn't planned to eat here for the entire weekend but our initial experience at Jak & Hill was so good we could find anything else that offered the same mix.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

jak+hill is a sneaky spot tucked away in Spring Hill, located just a couple of 100 metres away from Central Station, underneath the Punthill hotel. The space is mod-industrial - polished concrete ceilings, exposed pipes - but sleek at the same time. It also has cosy additions like bunches of fresh flowers dotted on tables and photographs of ordinary people pinned to the wall on quirky photo frame wallpaper.

The service is fab - quick, friendly and efficient - which is exactly what you want for a weekend brekkie spot. We had a selection of tea and coffees, which were all very good. But it was the food that really sold it for us. My partner had the Nutella French toast. It's a generous portion smothered in your favourite chocolate spread and served with a dollop of velvety cream. I opted for the breakfast banana split, which was a glorious fusion of caramelised banana with honey, muesli and balsamic strawberries. It was surprisingly decadent and had a delicious smoky flavour. The cooked breakfasts served around us looked wonderful too, and I noticed toast is served with Bonne Maman French jam (big tick in my book!). The prices are also reasonable and especially considering what you get.

There are children's high chairs, but this spot does seem more oriented to couples or groups of friends looking for a relaxed meal out.

This place is a must for a good brekkie, but I would definitely go back to try out the lunch or dinner menu.