“Excellent service and accommodating.”

Brisbane International - Windsor
Ranked #18 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Maryborough, Australia
“Excellent service and accommodating.”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed in 112 (Disabled room), I had the BEST night's sleep I've had in a motel. The bed was so comfortable with a choice of pillows. Brilliant!! The bathroom for a disabled person was fantastic as well. The only drawback was the room was very, very tight to move around with a wheelie-walker and a 2nd person, tight to navigate and no turning room. Management could I suggest a hook or someway of holding the door open whilst getting through? It was really heavy and hard to hold open while pushing walker through. I thought there was a pool but couldn't find it, I did not know there was a gym and "free" internet, and this was our 2nd stay there! I'm sure the directory says a fee for internet? New Years Eve in the room and not a peep of noise got through, loved it! I do remember our last visit was upstairs and exceptionally noisy from the banging of the fire door next to the lift, we were right next to it (can't remember the room number though). This was a medical visit, proximity to RBWH was great, we arrived early and they were very accommodating with an early checkin and only a 5 minute wait for taxi. Fabulous. We will be back without hesitation, and I'll be looking for the pool and Spa?

Room Tip: Disabled room (112) was tight to navigate with a large wheelie-walker, bathroom is great, beds excel...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Rhonda

Thank you for your great review and I’m thrilled that you had such a good night’s sleep.

I have noted the concerns that you have raised with regards to our disabled room and I will certainly do what I can to make this room more user friendly.

We have just recently changed our hotel policy to include FREE wifi so thank you for alerting me to the fact that our in-room material requires updating.

We do have a gym and a pool, please ask our team at Reception to show you around our facilities on your next visit so that you are able to make full use of our amenities.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property.

Brent Christofferson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
Hakuba-mura, Japan
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Have never received service of his standard before. Extremely professional with a balanced personal approach. The food in Va Bene, the on site restaurant was terrific too. Free off street parking saved a few dollars, although the property was good value anyway.

I needed to stream an online training file and was pleased to use their free wifi which did the trick.

Overall highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a king room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Blair C

Thank you for taking the time to review Brisbane International Windsor. I am delighted that our staff delivered their usual high standard of customer service.

Va Bene is the jewel in our crown and our new Chef Francesca brings a wonderful taste of Italy to Brisbane with his stone baked pizzas and delicious pastas, amogst other great dishes.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Warwick, Australia
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had an excellent one night stay at this property and were thoroughly impressed. Modern, comfortable, clean with great service and very reasonable prices, a good position too. Not a single complaint, which is a huge call, as I usually have trouble with something (mainly too hard beds...). Was impressed with the small touches like a box of tissues and proper block out curtains. Was spacious, quiet AND there was plenty of water coming out of the shower head - gratitude right there. 24 hour reception (not that we needed it) and plenty of on site parking. Just easy easy easy and great - will stay again. Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and it was very quiet but still easily accessible via the lift (or stair...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Xanthony

What a great recommendation to fellow travellers, thank you!!

We’re so glad that you had a great stay and that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Queensland, Australia
Reviewed December 27, 2013

It was wonderful after travelling since early hours of the morning and two flights to arrive at the Windsor International for an early check in to friendly staff and a clean airconditioned room so I could drop my bags and go to lunch with my daughter. Lovely big bath was enjoyed at the end of the day!! Lifts to all floors was a bonus!!

• Stayed December 2013
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Tezza63

Merry Christmas Tezza63 and thank you for your wonderful review. It sounds like you had a great Christmas day and I’m glad we could be part of it.

We hope that you have a wonderful new year and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Darwin
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed at this motel for a night for my working purposes.
The location is nice it's closed to Brisbane Women and Children hospital and across the road there is McDonalds but the road was busy and quite a big road.
Checked in was a breeze since i arrived quite late. The room was really nice and clean with comfortable bed. The restaurant Va Bene served delicious food.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gimmiegimmies

Thank you for reviewing Brisbane International Windsor during your recent trip to Brisbane.

I am so glad that you were able to enjoy a meal in Va Bene, out Italian restaurant. I am quite partial to our home made stone baked traditional Italian pizzas so I do hope that you enjoyed at least one during your stay.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Sakai, Japan
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Even I arrived at the hotel at 8:30 in the morning, they kindly prepared a room for me and I took a shower after long flight from Asia and could meet our customer with very good condition.I appreciate the great service and will be sure to stay at this hotel on my next visit to Brisbane.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bbuema

Thank you for your kind words and I am so pleased that our staff were able to help you with an early check-in so that you could start your day refreshed. We’re always happy to help out when we can.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This place has all the friendliness of a country hotel but is on the edge of the CBD. It is not priced like the city either. We had a King executive which was clean and comfortable and even had a view of the city lights. A swim to refresh in the morning and air con worked well. A short cab ride from the city. A light b/f available but not far from a range of interesting cafes.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JAM058

We are so glad that you enjoyed our hospitality.

Our King Executives are our newest room types on offer and our guests really seem to be enjoying the extra space and new furnishings.

We hope to welcome you back soon and I do hope that next time you have the opportunity to enjoy dinner at Va Bene, our Italian restaurant.