“So accessible”

Ranked #19 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Australia
“So accessible”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

This place has all the friendliness of a country hotel but is on the edge of the CBD. It is not priced like the city either. We had a King executive which was clean and comfortable and even had a view of the city lights. A swim to refresh in the morning and air con worked well. A short cab ride from the city. A light b/f available but not far from a range of interesting cafes.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear JAM058

We are so glad that you enjoyed our hospitality.

Our King Executives are our newest room types on offer and our guests really seem to be enjoying the extra space and new furnishings.

We hope to welcome you back soon and I do hope that next time you have the opportunity to enjoy dinner at Va Bene, our Italian restaurant.

Brent Christofferson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Location - Close to the tunnel for ease of transport, can see the city from the motel
Staff - Friendly and helpful made us feel at home and ensured we had everything we needed for our stay
Restaurant - Va Bene - We were a family group that was treated to excellent service thank you Jessie and wonderful food. I will be back just for the service and food, reasonably priced, try the steak special and I have to say the pizzas are exceptional, wine and drinks are well priced.
Rooms - Rooms are clean and well presented with all you need for your stay, stayed in a family room which was spacious with ample room for you and your family members and bags.
Price - reasonably priced which I considered good value against other chains about $100 difference between one of the big four and the Windsor.
On our return journey the staff welcomed us back ensuring we were fed and watered before retiring after a six hour flight. Well done.
Would stay again, absolutely!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the road, however we did not experience and issues with tariff noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Chrissy

Thank you for your wonderful review and I am so glad that we were able to meet your expectations.

I am thrilled that you were able to eat at Va Bene and sample our wonderful Italian menu and I agree, the pizzas are exceptional although I do accept that I am a tad bias!!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Brisbane International Windsor the next time you are in town and I can highly recommend one of Francesco’s beautiful pastas for your next meal at Va Bene.

See you soon,

Bundaberg, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We travel to Brisbane every 6 months for a hospital appointment and have stayed at a different place each time...Well I must say that the Windsor International was everything we wanted and needed. The room size was generous and serviced with all modern conveniences to make our stay so comfortable. It was also close to the Royal Women's Hospital and they offer all day parking if it is easier for you to take transport to the hospital and save on parking fees. Overall the service was excellent and they were forthcoming to ensure your stay was relaxing and enjoyable...Will definately be booking for my next appointment.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Michelle B

Wow, what a great review, thank you very much, we really appreciate your recommendations to your fellow travellers.

We are very convenient located to the Royal Women’s Hospital and we do try to make all of guests feel as comfortable as possible especially when your reason for being here is not necessarily for rest and relaxation.

We’re glad you were able to take advantage of our FREE parking and I do hope that the FREE Wifi was of use to you as well.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review Brisbane International Windsor and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Brisbane.

Banbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed a 2 night stay at the Brisbane International last week. The room was a good size, very clean, fitted with aircon, fridge filled with drinks & nibbles, a comfortable bed & TV.
Offering very good value, this is definitely closer to a 4 star than 3.

Anna on Reception was also very helpful allowing me to check in promptly, keep my bags secure on my final day, as well as giving good advice on the local area.

I would have no problems recommending the Brisbane International.

• Stayed November 2013
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear David

Thank you for your wonderful review of Brisbane International Windsor and we’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments have been passed on to Anna, it’s always a great pleasure to see our staff being recognised for the wonderful job that they do in looking after our customers.

I am thrilled that you have taken the time to recommend us to other travellers and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

The negative reviews of this hotel are surprising as I found the property to be very good. Two of the common complaints from the negative reviewers were the poor attitude of staff and a musty smell in the rooms. This wasn't my experience. The room was clean and modern and certainly no musty smell and I really do doubt the veracity of the reviewers who said otherwise. For example, one of those said he feared Legionella from the air conditioning. That claim was obviously ridiculous and probably tells you what value can be placed on that review. As for staff attitude I just don't see how the staff could have served us better. Every time we dealt with reception staff they were friendly, professional and an absolute pleasure to deal with. We had breakfast in the restaurant each morning and the staff there were as good as you could have possibly hoped for. Each of our party of four agreed that the customer service delivered by the restaurant staff was outstanding. If any reviewer has found these folks to be less than friendly, then the reviewer probably needs to examine their own manner in dealing with service staff. I am struggling to recall any hotel where I have found the staff to be better.

Another complaint which has been raised was the location of the hotel. Reviewers have complained that it is difficult to be dropped at the door. That is plainly untrue. There is a circular drive way and covered area where passengers can be dropped off right at the door to reception and there is ample additional parking on site. A taxi has to do a u-turn just down the road to get into the street, but I can't see how that is really any issue at all. This isn't even a minor inconvenience.

Very few hotels are perfect and there were certainly some minor negatives. Our room was opposite the back door to the restaurant and one morning I was woken by what I thought were deliveries to the restaurant at about 6.00 am. There are also no restaurants or pubs within walking distance of the hotel, so if you want to eat out it is a taxi ride. There is also a bus stop a few steps from the hotel so it is easy to catch a bus to the city.

The Windsor International isn't in the CBD so if you need to be there then this isn't the choice for you. But if you are looking for a good hotel, with good service with easy access to the City, Valley, Brisbane Hospital or northern suburbs, this is a great option.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Markjackson100

Thank you for your very comprehensive review of both Brisbane International Windsor and our Tripadvisor site.

We value all opinions shared on Tripadvisor and like yourself, travellers can use the information to make decisions about where they’d like to visit and stay but as you’ve pointed out the opinions are all personal.

We’re glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I apologise for the noise in the restaurant in the early morning, this issue has been raised with our kitchen team so that other guests are not inconvenienced.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and we hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed here as a business traveller and was pleasantly surprised at how cute and comfortable it was. The check in was quick and efficient and the gentleman check me in was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are typical with no added extras but I loved that I could open up the window and get some fresh air!. Breakfast was tasty with fresh fruit, yoghurt and your typical fried options. Again the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Its situated about 10mins drive from the city, unfortunately too far to walk.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear ManlyMissK

Thank you for your kind words. We’re so glad that you found our property to be comfortable, friendly and convenient.

We would love to welcome you back in the future.

Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have stayed @ the Windsor Hotel on several occasions over the last 3 years. I think the rooms are lovely - a nice homely feel to them & very comfy beds - everything you need is supplied & the staff have always been so helpful and friendly. The convenience of being so close to the RBWH is a bonus. I've always ordered room service for dinner & breakfast from from the restaurant & the food is great. Would recommend the Windsor to anyone needing to see doctors @ the RBWH.

Shari from Rockhampton

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Shari

It’s always a pleasure to welcome back familiar faces to our property and we thank you for you continued support while making your visits to the Royal Brisbane and Womens Hospitals.

I do hope that you had a chance to enjoy our most recent menu selection by our new Chef, Francesco, his home made pastas and pizzas are delicious.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to your next visit.