“A great place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
Toowoomba, Australia
“A great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I recently stayed 2 weeks at this hotel whilst in Brisbane for business. As a woman travelling alone I felt safe and comfortable. I had 2 different rooms as I went home on the weekend. The first was overlooking the city on the 3rd floor, a refurbished room that was excellent in every way. The second week I was across the hall at the back of the hotel in a room that whilst not to the standard of the first room, was still very comfortable and clean. Both rooms I had had a small kitchenette which was handy staying for long periods of time. I slept well each night, as the hotel has taken care of noise from surrounding roads. Noise is very minimal from other guests arriving and leaving their rooms. Staff were very helpful and friendly and made my stay more enjoyable. Buses leave at the front door of the hotel, and the train station is not far away. A wonderful restaurant is downstairs with brilliant Italian food. The only thing I would say is that the bathrooms are very small in the rooms I had, and with the shower over a very deep bath, one had to be careful stepping into and out of the bath for showers. If anyone had any sort of mobility difficulty, ask for a room with easy access to the shower. Otherwise just wonderful, I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Whilst the hotel is on a busy main road, I would always ask for a room towards the back of the hotel...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Gretchen255340

We very much appreciate your cooments regarding your stay at the Brisbane International Windsor. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and it will be shared amongst our team.

Your comments regarding the bathroom have been noted and we would always encourgae guests with mobility issues to let us know so that we can accommodate them in a room suited to their needs.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our wonderful Va Bene Restaurant and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Brent Christofferson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
Melbounre
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Myself and two mates stayed here when we flew into Brisbane for a few days to watch a sporting event.
Check-in was a breeze and the rooms were perfect for our needs.
We managed to get into the restaurant at short notice (which from what I understand can be tricky as it's often booked out). The meal and service lived up to the excellent reputation and I would highly recommend to anyone in the area, house guest or otherwise.

Booking via web or phone 'sight unseen' can be bit hit & miss, but when you happen upon an establishment such as this, where every aspect meets or exceeds your expections it's a fantastic result.

I would freely recommend this hotel and restaurant to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear FPilloch

Thank you very much for your recommendation of Brisbane International Windsor. Your kind words and feedback about our product and service are greatly appreciated and will be shared amongst our team as encouragement to keep up their great work.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Brisbane International Windsor the next time you are in Brisbane.

Vincentia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in February, 2012. We stayed one night before a flight the next morning. The check in was smooth and friendly with offers of different dinner venues and locations for various activities. Their award winning restaurant was previously booked out so they offered suggestions to other locations for dinner which was great.

Our room was clean, tidy, well maintained although not over spacious. It was still a good size with great bathroom facilities and modern fittings. The room was quiet and bed comfy. Everything in the room was as expected for the price. LCD TV with Austar and local channels, fridge etc. Free off street parking which is secure by CCTV and night patrols by manager/security.

We would stay here again.....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bluntly

Thank you for posting your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future and we would be pleased to make a reservation for you in our award winning restaurant Va Bene to ensure that you don’t miss out on dining with us next time.

Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Well, I and my wife stayed here for 9 nights but we paid for 10!!!!
actually after my reservation I realized my arrival date is one day later and I called Windsor motel for changing my arrival date and of course it was 2 days before our departure. the lady asked me to go to their website and change my arrival date but I couldnt change in their website then I called her again and she accepted to change my arrival date by herself.
to cut a long story short, at the end nobody accept that I had called and their behavior was kind of rude, saying you're lying!!!! I paid the money but I wasnt happy at all.
terrible behavior, other things were just normal. I believe it's too expensive for the quality that they offer.

Room Tip: you could get better offer with this price.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Iman Z
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Traveller

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. While we are disappointed that your recent stay seems to have fallen below expectations, we feel that in this particular instance that there may have been some misunderstanding. Your feedback is not typical of what our guests have vocalised in the past, however we understand that everyone has a point of view and we try to take what we can from these views to maintain continual imrpovement in our facilities and service delivery.

Thank you again for taking the time to notify us.

chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

Basic Hotel, didn't try the break fast at the restaurant. Friendly Manager, stayed up late since we arrived post 11 PM and left early 2 nights later at 6PM. Safe parking, and large rooms. It is located close to the center of the city hence a good choice if you wnat to stay out late in the city and don't want to travel too much.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank abhigopal
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this review, October 26, 2015
Hi abhigopal

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Queensland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

We came in on xmas day. Checked in fine then went to family members. Came back at about midnight. Went out to the balcony (outdoors) and was about to have a smoke. Night man came running around corner (obviously watching on a screen). Told me I couldn't smoke on premises. Because I only had been given 1 key and it operated electricity, I took my wide awake 4 year old out to the driveway. The night man then came running at me screaming that he would throw me out if I didn't go right out to the footpath. He then told me off because my son was making normal child playing noises, At this point I got upset with him and would have been quite willing to leave for his rudeness except that the room was expensive and I didn't want to wake my family back up. The only time he stopped yelling and throwing his arms around was when my rather large husband arrived to the hotel and asked him (told him) to shut up and stop abusing me. This guy was not a night manager, but rather someone who has the self impression of a night cop who was peeved at working xmas night and wanted to take it out on someone. The beds were comfy and the room was clean and the day lady was very nice and quite apologetic. I stay in hotels a lot and this is the first time I have written a negative rating.

Room Tip: There is another hotel 2 mins down the road, I would go there if you are a smoker or if you have chi...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank pburr1
Hi pburr1

I'm so sorry you had such a terrible experience. I can only apologise and hope that one day you might give us another opportunity to impress you. We do have designated smoking areas on premises and we gladly point these out to smokers upon arrival.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

Stayed one night during a business trip.
Check-in and out was very straightforward and the staff was welcoming.
The room (230) was comfortable with everything working as expected. The room faced Lutwyche Road with 8 lanes of traffic passing - and was adequately soundproofed.
Dinner in the restaurant was great. The food was very fresh and plentiful and the staff were excellent. Likewise breakfast was also very good - wll cooked and generous.
I would be happy to stay at this hotel again should the need arise.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Hi Tapp0

Sounds like you had a great stay and i do hope that you've been back - if not, I hope we see you soon.