“10 nights accommodation!!!!”

Brisbane International - Windsor
Ranked #22 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Well, I and my wife stayed here for 9 nights but we paid for 10!!!!
actually after my reservation I realized my arrival date is one day later and I called Windsor motel for changing my arrival date and of course it was 2 days before our departure. the lady asked me to go to their website and change my arrival date but I couldnt change in their website then I called her again and she accepted to change my arrival date by herself.
to cut a long story short, at the end nobody accept that I had called and their behavior was kind of rude, saying you're lying!!!! I paid the money but I wasnt happy at all.
terrible behavior, other things were just normal. I believe it's too expensive for the quality that they offer.

Room Tip: you could get better offer with this price.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Iman Z
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear Traveller

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. While we are disappointed that your recent stay seems to have fallen below expectations, we feel that in this particular instance that there may have been some misunderstanding. Your feedback is not typical of what our guests have vocalised in the past, however we understand that everyone has a point of view and we try to take what we can from these views to maintain continual imrpovement in our facilities and service delivery.

Thank you again for taking the time to notify us.

Kind Regards

Brent Christofferson

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Basic Hotel, didn't try the break fast at the restaurant. Friendly Manager, stayed up late since we arrived post 11 PM and left early 2 nights later at 6PM. Safe parking, and large rooms. It is located close to the center of the city hence a good choice if you wnat to stay out late in the city and don't want to travel too much.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank abhigopal
BneIntl, General Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2015

Hi abhigopal

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed January 8, 2012

We came in on xmas day. Checked in fine then went to family members. Came back at about midnight. Went out to the balcony (outdoors) and was about to have a smoke. Night man came running around corner (obviously watching on a screen). Told me I couldn't smoke on premises. Because I only had been given 1 key and it operated electricity, I took my wide awake 4 year old out to the driveway. The night man then came running at me screaming that he would throw me out if I didn't go right out to the footpath. He then told me off because my son was making normal child playing noises, At this point I got upset with him and would have been quite willing to leave for his rudeness except that the room was expensive and I didn't want to wake my family back up. The only time he stopped yelling and throwing his arms around was when my rather large husband arrived to the hotel and asked him (told him) to shut up and stop abusing me. This guy was not a night manager, but rather someone who has the self impression of a night cop who was peeved at working xmas night and wanted to take it out on someone. The beds were comfy and the room was clean and the day lady was very nice and quite apologetic. I stay in hotels a lot and this is the first time I have written a negative rating.

Room Tip: There is another hotel 2 mins down the road, I would go there if you are a smoker or if you have chi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank pburr1

Hi pburr1

I'm so sorry you had such a terrible experience. I can only apologise and hope that one day you might give us another opportunity to impress you. We do have designated smoking areas on premises and we gladly point these out to smokers upon arrival.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

Stayed one night during a business trip.
Check-in and out was very straightforward and the staff was welcoming.
The room (230) was comfortable with everything working as expected. The room faced Lutwyche Road with 8 lanes of traffic passing - and was adequately soundproofed.
Dinner in the restaurant was great. The food was very fresh and plentiful and the staff were excellent. Likewise breakfast was also very good - wll cooked and generous.
I would be happy to stay at this hotel again should the need arise.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Hi Tapp0

Sounds like you had a great stay and i do hope that you've been back - if not, I hope we see you soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

Stayed for one night close to hospital and McDonalds is across the road. Due to roadworks it is hard for Taxi's etc to land you right on doorstep, but lights just up the road to cross. Didn't try restaurant but it looks nice. $7 taxi to hospital.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Hi arnie66

You'll be pleased to know that all the roadworks are finished!! Definitely makes life much easier getting in and out of the property!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Service was excelent. Adjjoining Itlaina restauarnt served excellent food but was of a much higher class than the hotel - hence expensive. Breakfast in the morning was great.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Hi RaphaelDingli

Glad you had a great experience with us - hope to see you revisit in the near future.

Reviewed July 4, 2011

Having stayed here once a couple of years ago I was happy to return,however after my recent stay (so I could be close to the childrens hospital) I will never return. The room was dirty,I mean not good one of the lamp shades had black stains all over it,"foxtel" ha don't be fooled there were only two channels, the bathrooms are in dire need of an upgrade as mouldy shower curtains are really not our thing! The staff are rude and the so called manager doesn't know how to deal with customer complaints tactfully nor gracefully,the hotel is positioned in a convenient yet noisy area and there has been know attempt to lower the outside noise in the rooms with any kind of soundproofing,making it extremly difficult to sleep. All in all glad to be home :-)

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank countrypeep
BneIntl, Manager at Brisbane International - Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Hello Countrypeep..

We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding customer service and an enjoyable stay for all our guests. It is therefore concerning to receive your feedback to advise that this was not the experience you enjoyed. Whilst I accept that everyone's view is different, there are some mitigating factors. The noise you refer to is finished. It was a state Government initiative to enhance the local infrastrucure. This included intermittent after hours activities out of our control. This basically means that access to and from our property has been improved. As has local traffic congestion etc. The Foxtel issue is not as stated as we have six channels and have always had six channels. There can be difficulties when changing between analogue signal and digital signals, which is a universal hotel issue, perhaps this is what caused you difficulties. If you had of raised this whilst staying with us, we could have fixed the problem.

The standard of cleaning at the Brisbane International is beyond reproach and is one area we consistently receive compliments. We will certainly take on board your comments and continue to improve in this area.

We would like the opportunity to personally address the review comments from your recent stay with us as we would welcome the opportunity to have you join us again to experience the Brisbane International - Windsor in the way it should be experienced. The best email to contact us on is windsor@accommodationbrisbane.com.au or by telephone (07) 3357 3456. We look forward to hearing from you.