“Oaks Lexicon Apartment”

Ranked #57 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane, Australia
“Oaks Lexicon Apartment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Oaks Lexicon Apartament is located 2 blocks (200 meters) North-East from the Central train station.Rooms are spacious and suitable for families with kids.
Prices variate depending on the season however are reasonable for the CBD location.

If you want to get to the lower Brisbane, Kangaroo point, you need to conquer couple of "hills". Apartments area bit outdated however as mentioned above price for the apartment is reasonable considering the location.

Ideal for one night if you want to explore Brisbane after long haul flight.

Room Tip: Close to the central train station, large rooms, ideal for families.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review Oaks Lexicon Apartments. We are glad you enjoyed the convenient location and spacious rooms our hotel has to offer. We do agree that we are a distance away from Kangaroo point which is outside of the city central. In the future, if you would like to visit Kangaroo Point again, there are public transportation that you can patronize that are conveniently located near us and our friendly front office staff would be more then happy to assist you with providing more information. We thank you for your time and hope to welcome you again at Oaks Lexicon Apartments in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel is in a great location, close to everything in the city.
Was disappointed that we had to pay for parking on top of the cost of the room.
Our bed appeared to be two mattresses/beds pushed together, so there was a seam down the middle which wasn't comfortable.
Quality of the pillows was awful, although there were extras in the cupboard which were better.
Towels are very small and you only get two. Too bad if you want to wash your hair - the "towel" provided doesn't even come close to covering your head!!!
Quality of the apartment was excellent and it was very clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for taking time to provide us with your valued feedback. We are happy to know you enjoyed our great location in Brisbane CBD. Over the years, we recognise that most clients do not require car parking for the course of their stay. Due to this reason, we do not include the cost of parking into room rates to maximize savings for our valued guests. We do however; specify the conditions and cost of parking clearly on our booking confirmation and website to avoid misunderstandings. I apologize for the discomfort you experienced with regards to the bedding and linen provided in the apartment. I will definitely bring these issues up with our housekeeping department as they are not the standard we wish to portray with our brand. I thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you to Oaks Lexicon Apartments in the near future.
North Mackay, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights and was very happy with our 1 bedroom apartment. It was clean, serviced daily including fresh towels, kitchen was well equipped, extra pillows happily supplied on request and reception staff both friendly and efficient. Found the location a handy 10 to 15 minute walk to the Mall and the various eateries beside the river and Wharf Street, albeit an uphill return. A small shopping precinct including a bakery and supermarket is even closer. Central Train Station is easily walkable, even if dragging luggage. Traffic noise meant the option of opening the door onto the balcony not so pleasant, but this is the centre of a city and there is the air conditioning. Only negative, no instructions on how to use the 3 different remote controls to do with the TV and video player. Overal thumbs up and would happily return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking time to provide us with your positive feedback. We are very pleased to learn our services, hospitality and location met your needs and expectations. We apologize for the inconvenience that was caused by the lack of instructions with the entertainment unit. I am very sure our competent staff would have been more then happy to assist you with operating the devices. I thank you again for your generous feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Lexicon Apartments.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was just a great apartment .... made our stay in Brisbane memorable.

Staff on reception were very friendly and helpful.

Close to shopping and easy walk to most other attractions.

Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay at Oaks Lexicon Apartments and my team and I are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Lexicon Apartments or another Oaks property in the future.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Super friendly staff, easy parking on site and the apartments are well located on the edge of the CBD. We had a single and two bedroom apartment located on the same floor which was ideal for our family of 5.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay at Oaks Lexicon Apartments and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
I have passed your valuable comments onto the front desk and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Lexicon or another Oaks property in the future.
Clifton Springs, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I booked this hotel through HOTELS.COM. I arrived at the Apartments on Saturday afternoon from the Airport Via the Airtrain. 3 minute walk from central station. Which was good. When checking in I was asked for a credit card and photo ID. They wanted to freeze $150 on my card. I was not notified of this prior to booking (online) or within any of my itineraries from hotels.com. I was very unhappy. I was only in Brisbane for under 24 hours to see a concert. I did not bring large amount of money with me. I explained this to the employee with no assistance. I offered to get someone elses card details for 'incidentals' but that was not allowed either. I asked if I could leave a cash deposit. That was declined also. I was on the phone to hotels.com for an hour before anyone answered so I had no option but to hand over my card. While i was sitting in the foyer waiting for hotels.com to answer Another party came in to check in. They were meeting people who were already checked in also. i noticed when they checked in they were not asked for a credit card for the $150 charge. I also noticed the employee handed over her keys so they could go to the floors above their room level. I told the employee that I thought this was absolutely crap and I didnt want to stay here anymore. I also couldnt get a refund as it was booked through a 3rd party. My husband even had to fill out and sign a 'guest' form as he was staying in the room with me. Rediculous. Our room was nice, with a balcony and a nice view with the warm sun coming through the windows. But I still dont understand what the $150 for incidentals was for. There was no mini bar, nothing fancy in the room. Nothing to really damage or break. When checking out a different employee was working. I advised her that I never even received a reciept of the $150. She was very apologetic, on the ball and did a great job. I would stay here again just because of her service. It was a nice room at a good price. And i wouldnt have had a drama if I knew there was a $150 charge. But i didnt, and i was given no other option but to pay it or not check in. Which was dissapointing. I would have given a 0 for service but the Employee on check out changed my mind.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback and I am sorry to hear that our policies & procedures regarding the $150 authorisation left you feeling frustrated.
Oaks Hotels & Resorts require a $150 credit card authorisation for security of the keys and any incidentals as a standard policy and I have confirmed with Hotels.Com that this policy is stated within the booking terms and conditions on their website. I have also passed your comments to the Oaks Reservations Manager for their information.
I have investigated the other mentioned guests and can confirm that the $150 authorisation for their room had already been covered by their friends.
I do hope to welcome you back to Oaks Lexicon Apartments in the future and please feel free to contact the hotel directly to make the booking and I will ensure you are looked after.
Broadbeach, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

We booked a 2 bedroom apartment on a Saturday night to attend a Reds game at Suncorp Stadium. It was a girls night away and we were all impressed with the apartment in terms of value for money, location and size. The main bathroom was small but certainly manageable for a couple of people (two bathrooms in the apartment). It was a little noisy but we put the air con on and closed the windows.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kim S
OaksLexic0n, Manager at Oaks Lexicon Apartments, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay at Oaks Lexicon and I am pleased to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Lexicon or another one of our Oaks properties in the future.